03-26-17 10:13 AM
31 12
tools
    Maybe it's me, but a consumer cellular sim can be either T-mobile or ATT. As I read it, if you get a T-mobile sim from CC you are running on T-mobile's network with roaming on AT&T. Like wise if you get an AT&T sim you roam on T-mobile. What I'm saying, is it possible to activate a T-mobile sim on AT&T's native network. Similar to using another ATT mvno's sim card on another AT&T mvno. I.E. a cricket or Go-phone sim on H2O or airvoice.

I'll see what a search brings up tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 11:46 PM
    09-15-15 08:29 AM
    Sorry, but it doesn't. Thank's for the help anyways.
    09-15-15 09:37 AM
    I just got a Consumer Cellular SIM (AT&T version) and plugged it in my Classic. Great so far. I'm a little confused about the mentions above of no LTE - that must be outdated. I am absolutely getting LTE. Haven't tried MMS because I use Google Voice so MMS is delivered to me via email.

I got a text from Consumer Cellular shortly after inserting the SIM saying my phone could not be programmed with the APN automatically so I should call, however it worked right off the bat and I didn't have any problems. APN listed is ccdata.

Consumer Cellular Advice + Warnings-img_20151005_092719.png

Edited to add: I just saw JHANKS64's 1-May-2015 post. It could very well be a software update, or perhaps a newer SIM is shipping now. Either way - I report zero drama in my attempts.
    10-05-15 11:29 AM
    Just an FYI update for anyone searching for info. I just signed up for Consumer Cellular and put their AT&T version sim in my Classic (SQC100-4). LTE, MMS, everything works and I didn't have to change any settings. Previously I was using Red Pocket and could not get MMS with my Classic.
    03-20-17 11:53 AM
    True, Consumer Cellular uses both AT&T and T-Mobile systems but as I had clarified with their customer service (the best cell CS I have ever experienced) they send out two different SIMS. One works on AT&T and the other on T-Mo. Your phone won't be switching back and forth.
    What if you get a dual sim phone and install both?
    03-26-17 10:13 AM
31 12