My girlfriend wants to buy this device. I was wondering what you think of this model for those who bought
    08-10-09 07:44 AM
    It's more a matter of do you like WM or not.
    08-10-09 05:53 PM
    My husband has the Touch Pro, not the 2. He loves it. I think "papped" is right. It's a matter of whether or not you (or your girlfriend) like Windows Mobile based phones.

If she gets it, just point out that it's not like a regular cell phone. Updates are important, as well as regular battery pulls, etc.
    08-10-09 06:59 PM
    Waiting for this phone to drop. I don't mind having WM devices. As was said TP2 will be the best WM device to drop. Can't wait for WM 6.5 which looks great!

Btw, TP2 was said to release tomorrow but it's not even on the T-Mobile site as in "coming soon" so I guess it's not dropping tomorrow. A few days before release date the phone should of been on the site. Right?

--HeavyC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 10:34 AM
    Between the TP2
    and this one Verizon Touch Diamond 2 XV6975 (HTC Whitestone 10000).
    I did see from the specs that this screen is 3.6in.
    The resolution is higher than any smartphone.
    I had an xv6800 went to the Storm for screen size.
    So I will have no problem switching back to win mo.
    There are so many more 3rd party apps for win mo
    devices. Win Mo 6.5 huh.. whoa
    08-13-09 10:43 AM
    Mine should be here tomorrow. I really thought it was going to come today.
    08-13-09 12:11 PM
    The resolution isn't higher than any smartphone...

WVGA has been around for quite some time
    08-13-09 12:43 PM
    saw this phone today at my local Tmobile. It was nice but no way i would fork out the hig price they are asking. I'll wait until next year when it's half the price.
    08-13-09 06:22 PM
    HeavyComponent, please let us know how it is when you get it! I really am interested in getting this device. It does seem like a good device.

08-13-09 07:14 PM
    Sure no problem lady.
    08-14-09 08:29 AM
    Did you get it yet? I have read the version of win mobile that it comes with isn't that bad. I would also be curious to know if you could install Android on it?
    08-15-09 08:21 AM
    Yeah I have it, I got it yesterday morning. The device came with WM6.1 which isn't bad at all, but everyone is waiting for that WM6.5 that should be dropping soon. The phone operates very smooth and it's pretty fast when opening up programs. Just that, WM6.1 is OLD and it's a down fall on the device...not for long.

I'm sure it could install Android since their are hackers out their that do that.

Very popular site to hack into your WM device is xda-developers.
    Last edited by HeavyComponent; 08-15-09 at 09:04 PM.
    08-15-09 09:01 PM
    I've played with one for a week before giving it back, and I'm going to be 100% honest here. That phone is serious business, and I understand the hype. 6.5, Skyfire, and other hacks would make it even more special. I was second guessing my Storm 2, and I've never did that with a RIM device. Boy do I despise Windows Mobile, but I see plenty of improvement. 6.1 wasn't that bad but compared to 6.5, it's outdated.
    Last edited by Sinternet Jr.; 08-16-09 at 10:58 AM.
    08-16-09 10:49 AM
    HeavyComponent, ru enjoyin it? Is it what you expected? And is it worth all the hype?

08-16-09 03:01 PM
    A friend of mine has it and I've gotten some time with it. Coming from a TP, it is a nice upgrade, BUT it could be better. I've had the leaked versions of 6.5 running on my TP and HTC 6800, and I can say, 6.5 isn't a big enough overhaul from 6.1. But it provides a nice change.

The only real complaint with the TP2 is the media functionality. But this is an area that HTC is known to fall short in.

There'll probably be gripes about the price and the fact that you can get a device that pretty much does all the TP2 can do for less. And of course the size of the device is both a negative and a positive.

The device is beyond nice, but as much as I would like to get one, I'm really loving my BB at the moment. I'll attempt to hold out until WinMo 7, but who knows? lol
    08-17-09 03:36 PM
    Compared to the TP1, the TP2 is barely an upgrade. That's my biggest gripe with it (that and I genuinely don't like HTC).
    08-17-09 03:53 PM
    My friend just got one. It is pretty nice, but it feels kinda cheap to me. That's how I have always felt about HTC devices though. A lot of people will enjoy this phone though, especially if they can deal with WM.
    08-17-09 05:49 PM
    Yeah, all the htc phones feel really cheap (particularly the housing)
    08-17-09 06:09 PM
    Yeah, all the htc phones feel really cheap (particularly the housing)
    Yea that's exactly what I was talking about. I also do not like the fact that HTC (from what I've seen) uses plastic screens for their touch devices. If they are glass, then my bad, but they still feel like garbage.

They do have nice looks, but that doesn't matter if the phone isn't made well.
    08-17-09 06:49 PM
    I really liked my tp 1, only running on 6.1, was waiting for 6.5 but i dropped the phone and it totally destroyed the screen, so yeah ill agree that at least that part seems pretty cheap for getting all scratched, dented, etc, on a tile surface.
    but i loved the phone other than that.
    i personally think they are extremely over priced and the tp 2 looks ugly.
    08-24-09 05:39 PM
    Yeah I have it, I got it yesterday morning. The device came with WM6.1 which isn't bad at all, but everyone is waiting for that WM6.5 that should be dropping soon. The phone operates very smooth and it's pretty fast when opening up programs. Just that, WM6.1 is OLD and it's a down fall on the device...not for long.

I'm sure it could install Android since their are hackers out their that do that.

Very popular site to hack into your WM device is xda-developers.
    go here--->TmoNews Community Forums - Index
    and also here--->PPCGeeks

these are dedicated to the TP2, This phone is sick, a truly smart device work horse, lots of apps and upgrade. I have been on this forum for a while since 07, and one thing i learned here, is no matter what never say anything negative about BB devices, people here will find you and kill you. But go to these sites, my TP2 should get here on tues, and already i have about 50 apps and roms on my pc ready for D/L. and yes did i mention full flash support. kick *** device.
    08-30-09 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD