I've owned the 4s and nexus 4. 4s wasn't that bad but the battery was horrible. I would turn it off just so I can preserve it for later.

Nexus 4 (like mmost androids), had an overheating problem on hot days (definitely in socal). And random resets from too much ram being used (inevitable with so many unnecessary apps running in the background)

But this was huuuuuuuge problem when I we would go to LA and had to use the GPS. My friend would tell me that my nexus wouldn't compare to his galaxy. And after my overheating problem, his galaxy s3 started too. These are 2 high end phones not low end phones at the time.

And last of all, just touchscreens. What do you dislike the most when u used either?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 05:37 PM
    Has to be the UI, doesn't make sense on Android; those buttons in the bottom look like kids shape toys from 30 years ago and the rest of it is just awful.

IOS is similar, and way too in your face Animations and bright

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    BerryRipe likes this.
    12-05-15 05:43 PM
    Too many icons and apps. Yes I said it! Waaay too much going for a communication device IMO. Phone, Email, Calendar and Text still run my world.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    12-05-15 06:04 PM
    Android is a maze, it has no flow. Apple is better in terms of arrangement but a lot of clicks to get where you want to go.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 06:35 PM
    iOS is too proprietary, no file manager and just too much in and out with that home button. However, it is intuitive for the most part.

Android is a bit of a mess. It doesn't flow as nicely as BB10.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 08:16 PM
    iOS treats you like you have no idea what you're doing and you don't need to see any details or camera quality settings. Limited camera adjustments
    Lack of home screen customization
    Makes you turn on bluetooth yourself if an app tells you that you have it off
    You can't get into settings from any screen other than from the home screen
    Ugly quick settings design which is also non customizable
    Animations cannot be disabled
    No battery life details
    File management is not an option
    You cannot set default apps for example a link in an app will always open in safari and you cannot change it to chrome or firefox etc. A map location will always open in apple maps and not google maps
    What you can download is restricted
    Only certain apps can run in the background
    What you can share to is restricted

Basically iOS wants you to do things in one way which is Apple's way only because choice is apparently too confusing...

Android is pretty much like a portable computer, you have a lot of freedom to do whatever.
    Last edited by StutterStep; 12-06-15 at 03:11 PM.
    BB Fightclub and mnc76 like this.
    12-05-15 08:28 PM
    The iPhone button
    12-05-15 09:38 PM
    Ios. I hate I tunes. Hate hate hate it. The os for the most part is OK I hated having to re sync my phone every time I wanted to add any music to my phone. No SD card 16g fills up fast. To name a few. Every thing is 2 locked down.

Android. Is a complete mess. It's all over the place. Like previous posters said. No flow Have you ever tried to jump out of an app to look for something and then go back to said app? Night mare.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 10:26 AM
    They are both just different ways of doing the same things.
    iOS keeps things tight but works extremely well. Android offers customization so it's hard to say if anything is wrong with it since you can make it perform however you please.
    Tre Lawrence and MikeX74 like this.
    12-06-15 10:51 AM
    Ios. I hate I tunes. Hate hate hate it. The os for the most part is OK I hated having to re sync my phone every time I wanted to add any music to my phone. No SD card 16g fills up fast. To name a few. Every thing is 2 locked down.

Android. Is a complete mess. It's all over the place. Like previous posters said. No flow Have you ever tried to jump out of an app to look for something and then go back to said app? Night mare.

Posted via CB10
    There's an app for that!

iOS - bbaaaaaa...

Android - I use on my tablet (find myself swiping up to close apps, otherwise it's ok)

Flow = everything is awesome!!

Z10STL100-2/10.3.2.2639
    12-06-15 11:45 AM
    Ones too basic, the other is a dogs breakfast. Both have limitations when it comes to email communication.

12-06-15 12:03 PM
    Too many icons and apps. Yes I said it! Waaay too much going for a communication device IMO. Phone, Email, Calendar and Text still run my world.
    Too many OPTIONAL items? Interesting.
    12-06-15 12:17 PM
    They are both just different ways of doing the same things.
    iOS keeps things tight but works extremely well. Android offers customization so it's hard to say if anything is wrong with it since you can make it perform however you please.
    You're being far too sensible about things. Stop it!!
    12-06-15 12:27 PM
    You're being far too sensible about things. Stop it!!
    I keep forgetting, thanks for reminding me.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    12-06-15 12:29 PM
    My last Android (Motorola Atrix 4G) was slow, it froze, had too many crappy apps to wade through, too many ads, subpar keyboard, poor UI, bloatware, spyware, few critical updates or bug fixes that were really needed (AT&T), connectivity issues, and it had terrible battery life. Other than that, it was just great.

Eventually I had to root the &%@# thing to make it something I could even use.
    12-06-15 01:04 PM
    They aren't BB10!

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 01:21 PM
    My last Android (Motorola Atrix 4G) was slow, it froze, had too many crappy apps to wade through, too many ads, subpar keyboard, poor UI, bloatware, spyware, few critical updates or bug fixes that were really needed (AT&T), connectivity issues, and it had terrible battery life. Other than that, it was just great.

That's like judging BB10 by using the Blackberry Storm.
    12-06-15 01:23 PM
    That's like judging BB10 by using the Blackberry Storm.
    LOL That may well be. Fortunately, I wasn't one of the "lucky ones" who bought a Storm, which may well have been Atrix's evil twin!

I have, however, used other people's Android devices and have tried a few out at carrier kiosks and, although none I have handled has been as bad as my Atrix, I haven't seen anything that could hold a candle to my BB10 Z30 or Passport.

Posted via CB10 with my awsome Passport
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-06-15 01:59 PM

Ads? From where?
    12-06-15 03:00 PM
    Android vs. BB10

I actually don't mind Android at all, but here are the main issues I have with it given my BB10 background.

1. As far as stock Android goes, it's got to be task switching. It takes too long to switch between apps with the carousel compared to BB10's extremely fast gestures and active frames.

(For best performance on Android, you are not supposed to close apps in the carousel -- you are supposed to allow Android to do its own memory management and close apps for you when it needs more RAM. (Closing apps is typically a bad idea since it takes more battery power and time for Android to reload an app from the SSD than it does to simply switch to an app already in RAM)).

However, this often leads to a case where there may be 20 or so apps in there, so finding the app you want to switch to can become tedious.

2. Android notifications are a mess. If you don't want to act on a notification immediately you have to just leave it there taking up space or Swipe it away permanently (and then possibly forget about it completely before you can address it). Also, sometimes a new app downloads a file and presents a notification you can click to open it. But then it's often difficult/tedious to find that file again later since you don't know what folder it was saved to and the notification is now permanently deleted.

I prefer the Hub where I never lose notifications, and -- if things are getting cluttered -- I can pinch-filter to temporarily remove all my read notifications, or fully delete them when I'm ready to do so.

3. BlackBerry virtual keyboard : I REALLY miss the ability to Swipe to access alt keys.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 03:07 PM
    Had to put WPA password into bosses iPhone, and I would hold down on letter expecting it to capitalize, nope. That was annoying.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 03:09 PM
    I am not an OS purist. I probably line up with TgeekB in that I thoroughly enjoy each OS, and have come to appreciate them for their differences.

Now, I do despise desktop companion software though... Link, iTunes, etc irritate me to no end. I refuse to use them.
    12-06-15 03:12 PM
    Android is a maze, it has no flow. Apple is better in terms of arrangement but a lot of clicks to get where you want to go.

Posted via CB10
    UI is substandard on both... compared to what we know... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    12-06-15 03:16 PM
    iOS treats you like you have no idea what you're doing and you don't need to see any details or camera quality settings. Limited camera adjustments
    Lack of home screen customization
    Makes you turn on bluetooth yourself if an app tells you that you have it off
    You can't get into settings from any screen other than from the home screen
    Ugly quick settings design which is also non customizable
    Animations cannot be disabled
    No battery life details
    File management is not an option
    You cannot set default apps for example a link in an app will always open in safari and you cannot change it to chrome or firefox etc. A map location will always open in apple maps and not google maps
    What you can download is restricted
    Only certain apps can run in the background
    What you can share to is restricted

Basically iOS wants you to do things in one way which is Apple's way only because choice is apparently too confusing...

Android is pretty much like a portable computer, you have a lot of freedom to do whatever.
    That is very annoying. And also can't change what wifi network you're on from quick settings. That quick settings menu is very limited, if not downright useless...

A shortcut from quick settings to full settings (like the way BB10 has a toggle setting and access full settings choice for every item) would really help... looks like Apple will (have to) invent that soon... ;-P

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    12-06-15 03:20 PM
    Thread's moved...
    12-06-15 04:19 PM
27 12