so i painted my curve the other day & my gf sent some pics of it to a friend, but she never replied. when she called back later my gf asked her if she got the pics she says no, her iphone doesnt receive mms. holy crap!! is that ture or does she just not know how to use her phone.
    08-28-08 11:20 AM
    Yep that's true. You could send it in an email

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 11:21 AM
    It's true. Isn't that sad?
    08-28-08 11:22 AM
    omg!! what a waste!! who wuld want a phone that culdnt receive mms?? my crappy lg shine can do that
    08-28-08 11:24 AM
    omg!! what a waste!! who wuld want a phone that culdnt receive mms?? my crappy lg shine can do that
    I am not an iPhone fan but why bother with MMS if it does email? A sender can always send the MMS to her email address and she can always send a email to an MMS address - - so who cares about MMS ???
    08-28-08 11:32 AM
    apparently you dont
    08-28-08 11:35 AM
    Sprint smartphones don't do MMS either as they don't want to pay for the MMS licensing. I lean more towards the "who cares for MMS" side of things because i'd rather send one email with multiple images than multiple MMS.
    08-28-08 03:33 PM
    Although I agree on not caring for MMS - there are people who "gasp" don't have email. . . .
    08-28-08 04:09 PM
    you can put ya boots in the oven but that don't make 'em biscuits!
    Top 10 Reasons Why the iPhone is STILL NO BlackBerry! | CrackBerry.com
    08-28-08 04:12 PM
    I am not an iPhone fan but why bother with MMS if it does email? A sender can always send the MMS to her email address and she can always send a email to an MMS address - - so who cares about MMS ???
    Believe it or not there are people that have regular phones that do MMS but don't have a data plan to send email. Just the other day my friend sent me a MMS of a pic from her RAZR and asked me to email it to our friend that has an iPhone. The best part is when the iPhone friend got the message, it gave her a username/password and instructed her to go to AT&T's "viewmypics" web site (I remember having to do that with my 8700). She rushed home to get on the computer and the username/password wouldn't work! Ha!

I'm thinking...well why rush home? You have a internet access on your phone right? Just go to the web site, enter the info and wallah (that's what I did on my 8700)....so I just pinged her and here's the conversation:

me: question
    when you get a MMS and it says go to viewmypics..
    can't you go there on your phone?
    versus having to go on the computer?

her: yes, but since there is no copy & paste
    it sucks
    because the user name is like kf8099juix77
    you can't remember that crap

LMAO!
    08-28-08 04:25 PM
    Believe it or not there are people that have regular phones that do MMS but don't have a data plan to send email. Just the other day my friend sent me a MMS of a pic from her RAZR and asked me to email it to our friend that has an iPhone. The best part is when the iPhone friend got the message, it gave her a username/password and instructed her to go to AT&T's "viewmypics" web site (I remember having to do that with my 8700). She rushed home to get on the computer and the username/password wouldn't work! Ha!

I'm thinking...well why rush home? You have a internet access on your phone right? Just go to the web site, enter the info and wallah (that's what I did on my 8700)....so I just pinged her and here's the conversation:

me: question
    when you get a MMS and it says go to viewmypics..
    can't you go there on your phone?
    versus having to go on the computer?

her: yes, but since there is no copy & paste
    it sucks
    because the user name is like kf8099juix77
    you can't remember that crap

LMAO!
    You can use a regular phone like a RAZR and just simply send the MMS directly to the person's email address
    08-29-08 01:20 AM
    You can use a regular phone like a RAZR and just simply send the MMS directly to the person's email address
    My friend with the RAZR doesn't have a data plan for that. She can only send SMS and MMS (to phone numbers not email adresses). No browser, no checking pop email, no sending to an email address, no IM applications, etc.
    08-29-08 06:15 PM
    My friend with the RAZR doesn't have a data plan for that. She can only send SMS and MMS (to phone numbers not email adresses). No browser, no checking pop email, no sending to an email address, no IM applications, etc.
    It will send MMS to email address as oppossed to mobile phone number - she just doesn't know how to do it.
    08-29-08 09:10 PM
    i dont think so ...
    09-23-08 08:57 AM
    Although I agree on not caring for MMS - there are people who "gasp" don't have email. . . .
    I concur, I don't care much for it either...BUT a lot of people don't have smart phones...so they can't go check their email instantly when you send it...Everyone in the world doesnt have an iphone or blackberry and the like. Plus I enjoy taking a quick picture and being able to MMS it to a person in my contact list. I don't usually waste time typing people's email addresses into my contact list; especially if it's a person I just met or something like that. MMS is a lot more convenient. But then again the iPhone has a "work around" for a lot of issues...
    Last edited by dredayholiday; 10-14-08 at 01:48 PM.
    10-14-08 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD