Okay well before i get into this, before I purchased the Storm when it first came out, i had two previous WM devices, so i kinda knew what i was getting myself into when i bought the TP2 from Verizon. I guess maybe i got so spoiled by what my Storm brings to the table, ie the push email, bb messanger, yahoo messagner, and more..And sure i can setup my email, and there are other CAB files i can use for different things, but ima send this back in the next couple of days. I still have my storm, and will welcome it back, until of course the Storm 2 comes out....
    09-17-09 09:48 AM
    Does the TP2 screen "vibrate" when you push on it to select something?

I hate a vibrating screen feedback.
    09-17-09 11:15 AM
    What are the pros and cons of the device. Why exactly ur gettin rid of it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 11:23 AM
    Does the TP2 screen "vibrate" when you push on it to select something?

I hate a vibrating screen feedback.
    You can enable or disable it.
    09-17-09 01:00 PM
    You can enable or disable it.
    Yeah you can enable and disable it.
    09-17-09 01:15 PM
    So what exactly didn't you like about it?

09-17-09 01:22 PM
    Yea I wanna know too.

09-17-09 01:43 PM
    Yea I wanna know too.

Me too because everything mentioned is available on a windows mobile device...
    09-17-09 02:15 PM
    I didn't like the weather app"only a few locations in chicagoland area", and it just might have been my fat fingers but the TF3D just wasn't finger friendly to my fingers lol..i found my self have to use the stylus a lil to much..no pandora, or iheart radio...ugh!!! Facebook app is super slow..

Things that I like: The build of the phone is solid, texting on it is a breeze, just not on the screen..The speaker phone is very clear...WunderRadio is cool
    Opera runs great on the phone..

May get the Touch Pro 3

PS-If you have had a WM phone you will prolly love this phone, but if you are going from BB to WM the learning curve is a big one...Wish i could run BB OS on this phone, because i love the hardwear..
    09-17-09 03:06 PM
    Me too because everything mentioned is available on a windows mobile device...
    Agreed but its just not as polished as on a BB..Take yahoo mes. its nothing like it is on a BB...The email coming from my yahoo and gmail account i can deal with..I guess my biggest gripe is the Touch Flow 3D on this phone just isn't as responsive as i thought it should be...It just doesn't flow 4 me.
    09-17-09 03:11 PM
    I didn't like the weather app"only a few locations in chicagoland area", and it just might have been my fat fingers but the TF3D just wasn't finger friendly to my fingers lol..i found my self have to use the stylus a lil to much..no pandora, or iheart radio...ugh!!! Facebook app is super slow..

Things that I like: The build of the phone is solid, texting on it is a breeze, just not on the screen..The speaker phone is very clear...WunderRadio is cool
    Opera runs great on the phone..

May get the Touch Pro 3

PS-If you have had a WM phone you will prolly love this phone, but if you are going from BB to WM the learning curve is a big one...Wish i could run BB OS on this phone, because i love the hardwear..
    Let me preface my counterpoint here by saying while I understand brand loyalty I don't relaly get it myself... I guess that's because I own a Windows Mobile phone as my personal device and have a Bold for my corporate job.

Didn't like weather: There are a sh*tload of 3rd party weather apps available.
    No Pandora: All I had to do was google pandora and windows mobile and I got - Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music
    No iHeart radio: That's true, only blackberry and iphone right now.
    Facebook app: Yeah there's only been one release of the Facebook app on Windows mobile so far and its not great. So that leaves you with using the mobile page or the free third party app called Skybook which seems to get good reviews.
    Yahoo Messenger: Again you're going to want to go 3rd party and pick up one of the multi IM products.

Don't like Touch Flow? Turn it off and go with a 3rd party shell like spb mobile shell.

I love my BB and I love my Tilt, but I'd hardly say both are perfect.
    09-17-09 03:49 PM
    When i get home from work today ima try out a couple Mobile Shells to see if i can find one that i like.
    09-17-09 04:03 PM
    SPB Mobile shell > TF3d, and way more customizable with all the 3rd party widgets out there...

Insanely customizable...
    [UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config] - xda-developers
    Last edited by papped; 09-17-09 at 04:29 PM.
    09-17-09 04:21 PM
    The Verizon TP2 just came out on Friday. Are you sure you are giving the TP2 a fair chance?
    09-17-09 07:31 PM
    SPB Mobile shell > TF3d, and way more customizable with all the 3rd party widgets out there...

Insanely customizable...
    [UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config] - xda-developers
    Agreed. SPB Mobile Shell is the best WinMo interface out there IMO.
    09-18-09 07:51 AM
    SPB is the only thing I miss about my Windows Mobile phones.
    09-18-09 08:08 AM
    SPB works great on the TP2, ill give it somemore time...Its better that TF3D..
    09-18-09 08:40 AM
    I'd also recommend trying vito sms chat instead of the default sms app. Faster and better.
    09-18-09 01:24 PM
    Well for me I'm coming from a Strom to a HTC Touch Pro 2 (had the Sprint Mogul and the Vogue so I know about WM) the Storm and the Touch are both good phones but I switch because my Storm has had to many issues and I'm on my 3rd one, and now this one is having a issue with the screen, so i'm kind of done with BB for a while, I will come back (maybe) but for now I'm going to try this phone out.
    09-18-09 09:35 PM
    I am considering the TP2 as my next device also. I am still using my 8320 and it has held up quite well. Of course like all others I was patiently waiting for the next Blackberry to hit TMO but I really like the design and build quality this device has. I only used the device a short amount of time so I am not sure if its worth the $300 to upgrade
    09-22-09 03:36 AM
    The 9700 is gonna be pretty sweet on TMO also
    09-22-09 01:49 PM
    The tp2 is way better than the Storm.... Im lovin it. Hands down the best windows mobile device out. And im not a big fan of windows mobile.

And there is a Pandora app available. I got it on my tpII now.... The only thing I miss from bb is the push email but the email client isnt all that bad. I have it set to pull email every 20 minutes. Plus there are some push application available like gmail and etc.
    09-24-09 12:03 PM
    The tp2 is way better than the Storm.... Im lovin it. Hands down the best windows mobile device out. And im not a big fan of windows mobile.

And there is a Pandora app available. I got it on my tpII now.... The only thing I miss from bb is the push email but the email client isnt all that bad. I have it set to pull email every 20 minutes. Plus there are some push application available like gmail and etc.
    You can use SEVEN BETA to get push email like you had on your blackberry device.
    09-24-09 03:19 PM
    For those running HTC WM phones, you might want to try out this:

[24-09-09]2D/3D Driver Development for MSM720X devices (Driverpack 3 Released!) - xda-developers
    09-24-09 05:31 PM

Are you able to send an email from your email account?
    09-24-09 09:26 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD