Discuss?
    09-23-08 02:00 PM
    I cant put Links yet cause im just a crackberry lurker

But take a look at their website.

Greatness.
    Discuss?
    Here are some more photos of it:
    T-Mobile G1 Pictures | Android Phone Fans

I like it but won't switch from my blackberry! The only thing I'm not sure about is when the screen is flipped open, how comfortable it will be typing
    Last edited by srd05c; 09-23-08 at 03:09 PM.
    09-23-08 03:07 PM
    I could switch easily if it's a better product.
    09-23-08 05:25 PM
    i want this so bad! i cant decide between this and the javelin
    09-23-08 05:38 PM
    meh, looks stoopid

i expected a better looking device, not saying the OS will suck, im pretty sure it will rock, just wish a bit more effort went into the design, no need for an akward stump at the end.
    09-23-08 05:44 PM
    meh, looks stoopid

i expected a better looking device, not saying the OS will suck, im pretty sure it will rock, just wish a bit more effort went into the design, no need for an akward stump at the end.
    agreed.

but in the end, it's about the OS, as it's hardware agnostic. there will be more hardware in the future with different designs but utilizing the android OS that may appeal to a different set of people.

i'm torn as to whether i should buy it or not as i'm really interested in playing with the OS and developing apps for it. the only issue is the lack of corporate email solutions right now, but i can run it alongside my blackberry until an exchange client is released for android, which shouldnt be more than 60 days away.

and considering i wouldnt get the device until october 22nd, that's not a very long wait.
    09-23-08 10:39 PM
    I acutally like the design and I am thinking I my buy this as a second phone

I am really torn between that and the Javlin but I am looking at this and think I will be buying it.

God I am in love with the OS
    09-24-08 02:10 AM
    ack. i preordered one.

my phone fetish got the best of me. keeping the blackberry for now, but to give it a fair chance, the G1 will be my primary phone and i will just forward my business mail to my gmail account.

and just like everyone else on the internets, i'll do up a nice unboxing and basic feature walkthrough just for the crackberry crowd.

is it a blackberry killer? nope. wasnt designed to be. it was designed to trounce every other phone's internet capability, though, and i think it will do that eventually... once the software matures.
    09-24-08 06:47 AM
    i am really considering it b/c i have been waiting for t-mobile 3G for two years now. i think this will hold me until we have a 3G blackberry. i really love the price of the phone.
    09-24-08 07:49 AM
    I dont know how I would like the slide part of it. I had a tilt and it was ok. It is something I would like to try though and see if I like it.
    09-24-08 07:53 AM
    I was fortunate enough to have a play with a G1 for 10 minutes today, it certainly looks like Google have a good OS on this.

It also has some really good applications on it, I particularly like the way Google maps works.

It doesnt have push email so I dont think it can compete with Blackberry or iPhone in that arena, but it's possible there will be an application made available to give push functionality.

Great product!
    09-24-08 08:12 AM
    Not getting that! Bold is beautfiful
    09-24-08 08:40 AM
    I think for the first android, it should look better (hardware) and that phone is terribly ugly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 09:24 AM
    I think for the first android, it should look better (hardware) and that phone is terribly ugly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    agreed. that stupid curve on the end ruins it. shouldve kept it flat. but im still gonna get it. ive always wanted google to make an OS. and the google maps with the compass feature is amazing
    09-24-08 12:04 PM
    The maps and compass feature was really cool today when I had a play around with it, especially on street view.
    09-24-08 01:30 PM
    I've been wanting a touch screen phone for a while, but wasn't too happy about the touch key pad. I know the wing for tmobile had it but i hated the os. Everything about this phone looks great, except the little curve at the end. I can't wait till October 22 or 23 to receive this bad boy at my doorstep.
    09-24-08 02:35 PM
    Meh-

Looks like a glorified sidekick with a touchscreen. it looks too unbalanced and I think it would take a while to get used to typing on the keyboard since its off center....

The keys also seem to flush...

More work could have gone into the hardware....
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 09-24-08 at 04:20 PM.
    09-24-08 04:15 PM
    i am excited for this phone, i won't pre-order one, i'll just walk in and pick up a retail one since i'm not able to get a discount with me being in mid-contract. i might get a 1-yr discount mid-october so by the time is available in retail i might luck-out
    Last edited by rwohlhueter; 09-26-08 at 04:10 AM.
    09-24-08 07:41 PM
    That thing is gonna have so many freakin problems.......I absolutely will NOT be among the frustrated folk who suffer the consequences of burning their longevity discount purchasing the first generation of Google phones.
    09-25-08 12:58 PM
    I wouldn't even call it a glorified sidekick. The Sidekick LX looks better imo (by a lot) and I am pretty sure the sidekick Danger server backend is going to work a lot more smoothly than this first gen device.
    09-25-08 06:37 PM
    I was fortunate enough to have a play with a G1 for 10 minutes today, it certainly looks like Google have a good OS on this.

It also has some really good applications on it, I particularly like the way Google maps works.

It doesnt have push email so I dont think it can compete with Blackberry or iPhone in that arena, but it's possible there will be an application made available to give push functionality.

Great product!
    i have seen a few reviews state that it can push email.
    09-26-08 04:08 AM
    I'd like to have a play with it just to see how much I would like it looks pretty impressive though. Maybe the design won't appeal to many with the iphone but then again if they hate the on screen keyboard maybe it will.
    09-26-08 02:03 PM
    i have seen a few reviews state that it can push email.
    Unless I'm mistaken, it only push's Gmail.
    09-26-08 02:54 PM
    I ordered one to. not sure that ill get ride of my crackberry at first. but the thing looks great. I cant wait. I should get my tracking number as soon as they are released. I already paid for it!!!!!!
    09-26-08 03:03 PM
    That thing is gonna have so many freakin problems.......I absolutely will NOT be among the frustrated folk who suffer the consequences of burning their longevity discount purchasing the first generation of Google phones.
    this is why I am going to have to resist ordering one with my full upgrade! haha
    09-30-08 04:04 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD