I like the feel and layout of this phone, but I'm not liking the reviews for it. I wouldn't be running all sorts of programs on it, just internet, txting, and IM. Should I try it or just play it safe with the Blackberry Curve 8320?
    07-07-08 03:03 PM
    If you currently have the 8320 Curve, then what is the advantage of the Wing??

The Wing is a nice device, I will be open-minded and admit that. The touch screen and slide-out QWERTY is slick. The device runs WinMo, so decide if you like BBOS or WinMo...

And the 8320 has WiFi... the Wing does not. Personal choice...

I would wait for the Javelin to upgrade devices... and stick tight with your Curve!!
    07-07-08 03:07 PM
    I would HIGHLY recommend not using a Wing. This is comming from a M$ Fanboy. Windows Mobile is developed as a generic OS that M$ dishes out out to manufactures which take a very unstable OS and just makes it barely usable. I had to restart it several times a day. Hardware design is beyond flawed. Drop it once and that battery cover is ruined. There are driver issues with serveral HTC devices, the company that makes the Wing. The only way to get a semi stable device is to download a custom ROM but that usually wont have the right radios for you to use the device properly with TMO network. TMO will not support other ROM then what they sell with device.

As far as email, txting and internet, I have found the 4.5 os to be more superior to WinMo 6.1. The browser on BB is 10 times better than Explorer Mobile. Opera Mini is still the top out there IMO.

RIM has much more support for there devices. M$ leaves upgrades to the manufactors, who in turn leave it up to the providers to put out the upgrades to the consumers.

Over all my 4 weeks with a BB has been 10 times better than my last 3 years with Windows Mobile.
    07-07-08 03:37 PM
    Microsoft OS on a phone has proven itself not be very reliable
    07-07-08 05:38 PM
    Thanks guys. I do not currently own either phone but my plan is up and I was shopping around. Probably go with the BB curve then.
    07-07-08 06:53 PM
    Thanks guys. I do not currently own either phone but my plan is up and I was shopping around. Probably go with the BB curve then.
    Good Idea I would wait but I have a 8320 and love it. Very nice device.
    07-07-08 06:56 PM
    I have a couple of co-workers that had the wing and they now have different devices. One with a Cureve and the other a sidekick. Although I do not like the sidekick either, the common reason I'm hearing it's better than the dash is due to less restarts.
    07-07-08 07:11 PM
    Some of you said I should wait...wait for what? Are they releasing a newer version of the Wing or something? Just curious, thanks!
    07-07-08 10:09 PM
    i bought the wing...sold it in a few days...couldnt stand the freezing it drove me nuts i came back to my curve FAST
    07-08-08 01:13 AM
    Some of you said I should wait...wait for what? Are they releasing a newer version of the Wing or something? Just curious, thanks!

They were saying to wait for the Javelin.... It is said to be the "Successor" of the Curve series.
    07-08-08 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD