Just curious after having seen the videos about this. What do you think about this new way to text called Swype?

I think it looks very interesting but not sure how well I would be able to adjust. I guess like anything it takes time to get used to. I sure have grown fond of my Storm 2 full keyboard and the SureType keyboard layouts.

I wouldn't mind giving it a try possibly at a Verizon store just to see how it works and for fun but I don't think I would ever be able to give up my Blackberry for anything but another Blackberry. I have grown to love it too much to give it up.

Just wondering what other think about it,
    -Russ03
    03-25-10 11:22 PM
    I actually grabbed it tonight for my Eris, just like you said it may take some time getting used to. It's actually a cool feature, I just have to configure my settings correctly.
    03-25-10 11:35 PM
    I also tried it tonite. Was kinda wierd. You really need to know the key board well to do it fast. I still prefer a real key board. It doesn't seem very one hand friendly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 01:15 AM
    Any updates guys after a couple more days of using swype on the storm?
    03-29-10 05:23 PM
    is it available for the storm2?
    03-29-10 06:02 PM
    is it available for the storm2?
    Is it click/swype, or swype/click?
    03-29-10 06:08 PM
    I actually grabbed it tonight for my Eris, just like you said it may take some time getting used to. It's actually a cool feature, I just have to configure my settings correctly.
    How accurate is the technology? I have seen videos of people using it and it seems to be blazing fast potentially, but I worry about accuracy.

05-31-10 12:12 AM
    How accurate is the technology? I have seen videos of people using it and it seems to be blazing fast potentially, but I worry about accuracy.

Accuracy is nearly flawless. Surprisingly accurate. It's the only keyboard that I use.
    05-31-10 12:17 AM
    Accuracy is nearly flawless. Surprisingly accurate. It's the only keyboard that I use.
    That's something. I would like to try it out.

05-31-10 03:03 AM
    I loved swype on my omina ll. It was AMAZING!! So fast and so accurate. When I get the EVO I will be downloading it for that. I can't wait. It is the best way to messege!
    06-01-10 08:20 PM
    If I wanted to try it out on my S1 does anyone know where I would find it?
    06-02-10 08:31 AM
    I hear everyone talking about Swype, which isn�t even out yet when I�ve been using SlideIT for a while now and LOVE it. I�ve used the Swype beta and I gotta say, SlideIT just works better. Its dictionary is better, it�s word prediction is better and it�s way of choosing alternate words is better. Instead of forcing you to choose from a popup menu, it makes its best guess then gives you an unobtrusive menu of alternate words to choose from in case it got it wrong. Please, try SlideIT, it�s a superior keyboad and it�s already available.
    07-11-10 06:30 AM
    I have been using swype now for about three weeks and I have to say that it is really cool and I like using it. But I don't think that I will be using it anymore. It is very afirst, but I can't swype as fast as I can type. And The options on the keyboard aren't as fluid as on the stock EVO keyboard. plus, I like using the compact qwerty keyboard better. I am a lot faster and just as accurate with the compact qwerty. But I will still recommend the swype keyboard to anyone. If you haven't tried it, you should. It is really fool. And some people are able to type a lot faster on it. It just isn't me.
    08-21-10 03:18 AM
    At first I found Swype to be very frustrating to learn. It is the same as any other keyboard but sliding my thumb around seems weird. However, I am now finding that I am usually quicker and have fewer mistakes using Swype on my HD2 than the default keyboard. It is a better keyboard for touchscreen phones.

Forgot to add, most posts I make on this forum are from my phone using Swype...including this one.
    Last edited by JNM; 08-25-10 at 12:18 AM.
    08-25-10 12:15 AM
    It's slower than punch/tap texting, simply because you can only use one hand, and I just loathe it in general even if it were faster, it annoys me. With Swype your hands cover up the letters that you're both coming from and going to... it's truly the worst way to type.
    08-25-10 01:48 AM
    Swype sounds good, looks good, is accurate. My friend demonstrated it to me and I was "wow-ed".

But it does not make sense to me. I want to type and press something when I do that.
    08-26-10 12:37 AM
    Swype works great for me. It is extremely fast if you know how to use it properly.
    08-26-10 01:08 AM
    I've used swype when i had the touch pro 2 and because of it completely ditched the hardware keyboard. I'm now using it on the evo and its the fastest keyboard ive ever used. As far as accuracy, its really accurate but i wouldn't give it the nod over a hardware keyboard in that department. But it is much more accurate than a touchscreen keyboard and very very easy to correct your words. Due to swype i don't miss my BB hardware keyboard. It will take some time getting used to but once you do get used to it, its easily the best touchscreen keyboard.

There's another keyboard that hasn't hit the market yet, that i am waiting to test, its called blindetype. It should give swype a run for its money here is a video of it
    08-29-10 12:05 AM
    I've used swype when i had the touch pro 2 and because of it completely ditched the hardware keyboard. I'm now using it on the evo and its the fastest keyboard ive ever used. As far as accuracy, its really accurate but i wouldn't give it the nod over a hardware keyboard in that department. But it is much more accurate than a touchscreen keyboard and very very easy to correct your words. Due to swype i don't miss my BB hardware keyboard. It will take some time getting used to but once you do get used to it, its easily the best touchscreen keyboard.

There's another keyboard that hasn't hit the market yet, that i am waiting to test, its called blindetype. It should give swype a run for its money here is a video of it
    Wow that keyboard looks awesome. That is extremely impressive. It's that accurate without even using a visible keyboard. This is definitely going to be a big competitor for Swype.
    08-29-10 01:59 PM
    Wow that keyboard looks awesome. That is extremely impressive. It's that accurate without even using a visible keyboard. This is definitely going to be a big competitor for Swype.
    If it really performs like it does on that video for the average user, look out smartphone world. Big game changer.
    09-03-10 05:47 PM
    If it really performs like it does on that video for the average user, look out smartphone world. Big game changer.
    the technology is advance...and it's nice
    BUT as long as we are using the regular keyboards for our laptops, desktops.. it's going to be hard to do away with the old reliable QWERTY.
    09-04-10 11:09 PM
    The physical keyboards are still better in my opinion. I think that I could never be as accurate as I can with a physical keyboard. Now that I have a Bold 9000, I really enjoy typing again. The typing experience on the virtual keyboard has improved but still isn't there. That's probably why BlackBerry still sells a lot of phones.

09-24-10 09:11 PM
    Google bought it. The stock Android keyboard is about to get a whole lot better.
    10-02-10 01:40 AM
    Google bought it. The stock Android keyboard is about to get a whole lot better.
    So it seems. Something I was hoping to see on RIM touchscreen, or any touchscreen device to be honest other than just being held by one company in particular (guess its better than being stuck on an apple only device) as that really would have made typing on a screen for me so much better than say using swype.
    10-02-10 08:08 PM
    Did they really? Thats awesome news. I have to look this up. Thanks haven't been keeping up with it lately.
    10-06-10 01:26 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD