Hey guys, well most of know that I just received my first blackberry a couple of days ago.

But, TmoNews just announced a possible release date for the Sidekick Blade. I have read some of the "rumored specs" and it sounds very promising.

I don't know if I should take my BlackBerry 8900 back in a week and wait till May and get the Sidekick Blade. Or just stay out with the 8900.

AH. HELP!

I have been a Sidekick Fan for about 2 years. :Xi
    04-06-09 08:23 PM
    blackberry nothing else even matters
    04-07-09 11:15 AM
    Not a very smart question on a BB website!
    04-07-09 11:17 AM
    Silly Sidekick, how do I loathe thee, let me count the ways.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 11:44 AM
    Umm... what do you like about the sidekick that you are thinking of switching back. What is promising that the Blackberry can not provide?
    04-07-09 12:24 PM
    Stick with the 8900 and wait until T-Mo releases some other phones (they are getting the Touch Pro 2 I have read). Sidekick is cute and is a great messenging phone (their IM client is the best out of all phones out the box), but if you are a big ringtone person like I am and want some useful apps that you'll probably find in smartphones than sidekicks, you might want to hold off on that switch. Sidekicks only let you get ringtones from their store which can run from 2 to 4 dollars per ring tone. You cannot use myxer.com or other free ringtone sites. With my Centro, I am able to use Word To Go and a lot of other apps that I couldn't use on my sidekick. But it's really up to you. I know I ended up regretting my purchase for my previous Slide because the phone was so locked down (and T-Mo's plans are outrageous but that's another story).
    04-07-09 12:58 PM
    And some of y'all are rude
    04-07-09 12:58 PM
    If there is one thing I love about sidekicks...

It's the real time instant messaging.

No other phone does it as well as a sidekick out of the box.

Sorry, but it's the truth.
    04-07-09 04:42 PM
    Umm... what do you like about the sidekick that you are thinking of switching back. What is promising that the Blackberry can not provide?
    Just the 3G. LOL, basically everything else the BB has.
    If there is one thing I love about sidekicks...

It's the real time instant messaging.

No other phone does it as well as a sidekick out of the box.

Sorry, but it's the truth.

Mhmm.
    04-07-09 06:06 PM
    blackberry with aim is fine.. lol stick with ur bb its such a better phone
    04-08-09 10:26 PM
    I left Sidekick for the 8900 and I haven't looked back.

I too have seen the specs for the Blade and I don't see what the big deal is...The Blade is basically what the Sidekick SHOULD have gotten a year or so ago, and BB has already.

With the Blade, yeah you'll have 3G but you'll still have that crappy Danger OS that won't let you install your own apps, paid apps and ringtones, no tethering, etc. Yes, the Blade will have a Twitter and Facebook client for it, but so does BB, so what's the big deal?

I think money-wise, you're getting more for your money with the BB. T-Mobile charges the same for Sidekick data as it does for BB only you can't do as much with the Sidekick and you can't install your own apps. What good is that?

Trust me, I'd stick with the 8900 until something better comes out.
    04-09-09 01:40 AM
    Definitely stick with the 8900. The Sidekick really doesn't match up to a BB.

04-09-09 01:59 AM
    Once you go black you never go back!

04-09-09 02:36 AM
    I left Sidekick for the 8900 and I haven't looked back.

I too have seen the specs for the Blade and I don't see what the big deal is...The Blade is basically what the Sidekick SHOULD have gotten a year or so ago, and BB has already.

With the Blade, yeah you'll have 3G but you'll still have that crappy Danger OS that won't let you install your own apps, paid apps and ringtones, no tethering, etc. Yes, the Blade will have a Twitter and Facebook client for it, but so does BB, so what's the big deal?

I think money-wise, you're getting more for your money with the BB. T-Mobile charges the same for Sidekick data as it does for BB only you can't do as much with the Sidekick and you can't install your own apps. What good is that?

Trust me, I'd stick with the 8900 until something better comes out.
    Ah, I believe you were on the PBD Forums as well. (Off-Topic). Anyways, I am not sure. I mean I am so use to the Danger OS. =/ I LOVE the 8900, its just I feel like I might like the Sidekick more. (I have no clue why.)

Once you go black you never go back!

This just cracked me up. LOL

Definitely stick with the 8900. The Sidekick really doesn't match up to a BB.

In a way your right, but each device line is different. BlackBerry is a whole another device compared to the Sidekick. Vice Versus.
    04-09-09 07:08 PM
    Screw the sidekick, go with the 8900.

I've been a sidekick user since like 2005 or 2006, I must say, it's an epic fail.
    It's so bulky, and unattractive.
    There's no customization allowed with it.
    Service isn't a pleasant thing either, you lose service easily, and after making a phone call you have to wait at least 30 seconds to a few minutes for your service to come back on.
    The sidekick reps at T-Mo have no idea what they are talking about most of the time, assuming every issue can be solved by a soft/hard reset. No there are hardware glitches that just can't be solved with that, like I used my sidekick 3 for about 12 hours since my mom broke my sidekick 08, well for the entire 12 hours that it was alive, the damned thing spazzed out, I was convinced that it was possessed by the devil, pressing random buttons, calling random people, deleting all my words as I was typing -.-, well... I put it out of it's misery later that night.

I say it's more a child's phone if anything, not a smart phone.

8900 ftw <3
    04-12-09 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD