I'm looking to get my first smartphone. My choices are now down to the samsung i780 or the blackberry bold.

Samsung has a camera for video calls (I'm surprised the Bold doesn't have one), and is touchscreen.

The Blackberry, however, is pretty good-looking, the keypad seems easier to use, and the display looks like it might blow me away.

Any thoughts? Maybe there'll be a blackberry with a video calling feature soon?
    08-04-08 11:10 AM
    BlackBerry has a reputation for outstanding stability and reliability. Not so sure about Samsung smartphones. Are video calls something you would regularly do?
    08-04-08 11:22 AM
    I probably won't be video calling often. I guess it's one of those better-to have-it-and-not need-it situations. Maybe there'll be a blackberry with video calling soon? So I can get the best of both worlds?
    08-04-08 11:40 AM
    I have no idea if BB will have that feature in a future phone. If I had to guess - yes. It's one of those "wow" features that separates it from the crowd. All I know is you really can't wrong with a BB!
    08-04-08 11:55 AM
    The i780 is a pretty nice phone, as mentioned here how often are you going to utilise the video calling feature? the WM6.1 running on the i780 is stable but its not a BlackBerry. At the end the choice is up to you to on what you require.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-08 12:04 PM
    If you really wanted a phone with a camera on the front, you'd be much, much, MUCH better waiting for the HTC Diamond or Touch Pro.
    08-05-08 04:07 AM
    Ok, here's what I'll primarily be using my phone for:

#1 - Calling and texting (of course)
    #2 - Checking items on ebay, sniping bids, and checking my yahoo mail.
    #3 - Organizing my life.

My concerns:
    #1 - There must be a nice keypad.
    #2 - Battery life must be good. (This is my main concern with the Diamond, Touchpro, and heck why not - the Experia)
    #3 - Very personlizable. I want to be able to pick what shows up on my home screen, like reminders and the sort.
    #3 - I can live without a camera in front, but if I can wait for one with, then why not.

So guys, what do you think?
    08-05-08 09:18 PM
    Either one would work for your needs. I would stay open-minded and research your possibilities!!
    08-05-08 09:30 PM
    Both seem like they would work for you.

BBs have a higher customer satisfication rate. I rarely ever see a BB being returned unless it's for another berry or an iPhone.
    08-06-08 12:02 AM
    Samsung vs Blackberry? You've got to be kidding. RIM - hands down. Enjoy your new Bold !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 12:31 AM
    I just read the Blackberry 101. It was very informative, and I have to say...I'm converted. Thanks for all your replies. My next step is to figure out how to get one.
    08-06-08 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD