I have been waiting since May to be able to buy the Glofiish DX900. It won the Cellphone of the year award in 2008 but it was only available in Taiwan and recently Russia. Finally Expansys in the UK got a hold of 45 of them and I was able to order and recieve one. Wifi with two SIM slots with quad band GSM and tri-band UMTS and HSPDA making it 2G and 3G all over the world plus accelerometer and SIRF GPS. Running WinMob 6.1 Pro it is the ultimate cellphone, only HTC compares and it does not have two active SIMs and two radios.

After all the crude insults I received from you Blackberry Storm nuts when I dared to say that though the Storm was a nice phone, it was not conducive to international traveling with SIM swapping, I now say that I have a phone that is far better than the Storm in every possible way if it had only a one SIM capability (though it has two) and does not require SIM swapping, being a dual SIM phone. Watch RIM lose market share as Glofiish bought by Acer begins to threaten HTC as the number one smartphone manufacturer.
    02-11-09 08:24 PM
    I'm still pretty convinced that Windows Mobile = FAIL, but we'll see if Microsoft can change my mind about that.
    02-11-09 08:27 PM
    lacks SurePress & CDMA support :P
    I need those two oh and Verizon branded, please
    02-11-09 08:31 PM
    AWESOME!!!!!! GREAT BUDDY! But let me ask you a question?

Why are you here "Waaa Waaa-in" about Storms and pushing your device on a Pedistal? Go find forums and webpages that are just for that phone to brag about it. Good luck buddy. Oh yeah......GLO Fish? hahahhahah c'mon man. Take that phone to your local pre-school and let the Todlers rename it for you.
    02-11-09 08:40 PM
    AWESOME!!!!!! GREAT BUDDY! But let me ask you a question?

Why are you here "Waaa Waaa-in" about Storms and pushing your device on a Pedistal? Go find forums and webpages that are just for that phone to brag about it. Good luck buddy. Oh yeah......GLO Fish? hahahhahah c'mon man. Take that phone to your local pre-school and let the Todlers rename it for you.
    lol... Glo fish, If I had that phone, I'd get made fun of just because of the name lol.
    02-11-09 08:44 PM
    yea i pretty much agree i with above poser, cant see any acer/glofish company even coming close to dipping in to RIM's or HTC's market share. but good luck to you with your new "superphone" too bad its winmo
    02-11-09 08:46 PM
    Pics or you never received one.
    02-11-09 08:47 PM
    I have been waiting since May to be able to buy the Glofiish DX900. It won the Cellphone of the year award in 2008 but it was only available in Taiwan and recently Russia. Finally Expansys in the UK got a hold of 45 of them and I was able to order and recieve one. Wifi with two SIM slots with quad band GSM and tri-band UMTS and HSPDA making it 2G and 3G all over the world plus accelerometer and SIRF GPS. Running WinMob 6.1 Pro it is the ultimate cellphone, only HTC compares and it does not have two active SIMs and two radios.

After all the crude insults I received from you Blackberry Storm nuts when I dared to say that though the Storm was a nice phone, it was not conducive to international traveling with SIM swapping, I now say that I have a phone that is far better than the Storm in every possible way if it had only a one SIM capability (though it has two) and does not require SIM swapping, being a dual SIM phone. Watch RIM lose market share as Glofiish bought by Acer begins to threaten HTC as the number one smartphone manufacturer.
    nice nice. Now how about you show and tell instead of just writing about it.

Take a picture, watermark the picture with your name, and time stamp it. Simple if you have a digital camera, hard if you have to fake it. For some reason, I call BS on this one....
    02-11-09 08:47 PM
    haha...i'll gladly stick my Storm
    02-11-09 08:50 PM
    What makes it a BB/iPhone killer?
    02-11-09 08:51 PM
    haha...i'll gladly stick my Storm
    Where ya gonna stick it...
    02-11-09 08:51 PM
    haha! oops! make that "stick WITH my storm" lol
    02-11-09 08:52 PM

Whoopdee doo.
    02-11-09 08:55 PM
    What makes it a BB/iPhone killer?
    maybe because it has 2 sim cards????? LOL
    02-11-09 08:55 PM
    Harald Welte's blog

"It runs Windows Mobile. And it does that in a really bad way. From how sluggish and unresponsive the UI is, you can clearly see that they don't use any of the 2D acceleration functions of the S3C6400 hardware. "
    02-11-09 09:01 PM
    I don't see the appeal. Eh, to each his/her own.
    02-11-09 09:03 PM

Looks like a nice phone, and nice design, but Winmo = Fail
    02-11-09 09:03 PM
    02-11-09 09:08 PM

Wait a minute! Wait a minute! Are you talking about the same Acer that has laptops that sell for 120.00 at bestbuy?? lol If so wow what a terrible company just look it up on google! hahaha might be a nice phone but poor quality + windows = horrible
    02-11-09 09:10 PM
    It is funny to hear someone use the word Acer and quality in the same sentence.
    02-11-09 09:14 PM
    Ya cuz i want a phone thats called Glo Fiish....hahahaha next years model is the new Glow worm
    02-11-09 09:15 PM
    I have been waiting since May to be able to buy the Glofiish DX900. It won the Cellphone of the year award in 2008 but it was only available in Taiwan and recently Russia. Finally Expansys in the UK got a hold of 45 of them and I was able to order and recieve one. Wifi with two SIM slots with quad band GSM and tri-band UMTS and HSPDA making it 2G and 3G all over the world plus accelerometer and SIRF GPS. Running WinMob
    And that is where I lost interest in what you were talking about.
    02-11-09 09:18 PM
    2 Sim cards could be nice if you need that kinda thing, but seeing as I am on verizon and don't go international, it serves me no good. Furthermore it is windows mobile.. i've owned a windows mobile phone not too long ago, and I didn't like it very much.. wasn't horrible.. but.. not my thing..

Blackberry's market share isn't in danger because of the crowd it appeals to.. windows mobile cannot touch the messaging capabilities of the blackberry and until that changes I am not worried.. infact, i'm not worried period because I will go to whatever device fits my needs best, and right now that is the storm.
    02-11-09 09:27 PM
    a windows mobile device would be the iphone and the storm killer ? are you nucking futs ?
    02-11-09 09:33 PM
    I have just switched from XV6800 (Windows Mobile device) to the Storm, enough said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 09:34 PM
83 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD