What would I have to do if I purchased a Nokia E71 (say from tigerdirect.com?) to get it to work 100% PROPERLY on AT&T?

Like is it as easy as popping in my SIM card and then it's all good, or what?
    09-02-08 05:12 PM
    Yep!That simple! Need to set up your wifi of course, but everything else
    Was set up correctly on mine. Check the Bold forum for more info on the E71. There
    Was a discussion there a few days ago about the E71.
    No Blackberry Connect though!!! The reason I left it and went BOLD.

Todd

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 05:51 PM
    Thanks! What's blackberry connect?

And how's the email on the E71 work?

09-02-08 05:56 PM
    Blackberry Connect is a program that allows you to use over phones with Blackberry email services. This was available for the Nokia E61 and E51. Nokia decided not to release this for the E71 or E66 (Big mistake!).

Email is standard pop3 or imap email.
    Nokia has the new beta for push email as well (see the thread in the Bold forum).

Email works good but it takes forever to send with imap (at least in my case). Nokia push email was much better.

Todd
    09-04-08 08:07 AM
    Thanks but I can't find the thread in the bold forum. Can anyone post a link? Thanks!

09-04-08 08:32 PM
    I was working right out of the box with my E71 and AT&T. However if I wanted to tether I had to register my phone with AT&T but that could have been related to other issues.

If you want push email the only service I know of is the beta email app I mentioned to you in another thread (email.nokia.com). It's not as good as blackberry. I'm still trying to figure out how to sync my contacts in Yahoo with the E71. I'll probably have to sync them to Outlook and sync the E71 to Outlook.
    09-05-08 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD