@others

At the moment, I'm customizing a q8, and having a great time with it.

Here's a link with loads of themes that would make your Q, or any other winmo smartphone for that matter, look more up to date.

Free smartphone themes ,homescreens .
    Will those themes work for a Windows Mobile Standard Phone?
    07-25-09 08:31 AM
    I was reading this thread and had to put in my two cents worth here.

I first got a Motorola Q and loved it but couldn't upgrade the OS from WM5 to WM6. I then upgraded to a Motorola Q9C and was able to upgrade to WM6.1. Loved it too. The only problem that I had with both of the Motorola phones is that I had to try and keep the clutter out to keep it running efficiently for my liking. Usually had to do a hard reset and reinstall software that I liked for my phone when it seemed like the battery life was very bad. (e.g. Phone would have a 100% charge when I got it off of my computer and after lunch the charge would be between 25% and 50%. On those days, I normally didn't use the phone that much so it was disheartening when I saw the battery charge that low during the day.)

I upgraded my phone to the Blackberry Curve 8330 last month and I'm very glad that I did. I haven't found anything at all that I don't like about the Blackberry phones.

For all those who still have a Motorola Q style phones, I have a site where all of the homescreens that I have created for this phone on display. The URL is listed under my name in my signature at the bottom. These homescreens will work on Windows Mobile 5 as well as Windows Mobile 6 and 6.1 and are a free download for any who would like to use them.
    Last edited by cindylike24; 07-30-09 at 09:45 PM.
    07-30-09 09:39 PM
    I use to have a MotoQ and while my first one worked fine until I dropped it in water but insurance covered it so that was ok.
    The bad thing was I never ever got a replacement that worked it would reboot on its on,freeze and lock up (while I was unaware until I tried to text or make a call).The only way to get it to unfreeze was battery pull , once in a while you could hold the power down button in and would shut off.I went tho several attempts to get a phone whiched worked like my first but got tried of this so I just struggled though with the best one that I got it (it had its good days and its bad days kinda tripped and freaked me out)
    .....anyhoo HAPPY DAYS again when my upgrade came back around and I ditched that POS Now I have the curve(8330) and life's good again LOL
    Last edited by DavidNC; 08-10-09 at 07:47 AM.
    08-10-09 07:42 AM
    I loved my q9m.....it rocked....wish BB had some of the features that wm had and also the other way around...
    09-08-09 12:33 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD