OK... So I would say I'm still fairly new to BBs..... Had mine since Oct/Nov 07. I have never really been partial to any phone, but now ... it seems like nothing can compare to my beloved berry.

Today at work I had the Motorola Q9 on my desk when I returned from lunch. I get to play with it over the weekend.... So I didn't even put my SIM in it yet... (ewww Q cooties)... but it doesn't seem that amazing. Yes it has UMTS and ms office editing (which i do wish my 8310 had...) ... but I totally forgot how awfully cumbersome windows mobile is. (i used to have the TILT before my Berry)

So I'm trying to keep an open mind... Moto Q users... what is it that you love about this phone? I can only assume browser is better than on berrys.... but what else?

Just curious..... don't worry addicts, I'm not venturing to the dark (non-berry) side!!
    02-22-08 03:46 PM
    I used to be a huge Windows Mobile fan that hated BlackBerries yet since starting work for AT&T I had to learn about them so I could sell them to customers and be able to answer any of their questions. Long story short I took a demo 8300 and used it as my primary phone for a few days and shortly after bought the 8310 to replace my Tilt. But before and even after I had my 8310 I played around with the Q9 with high expectations and it delivered. If you look past the width of the phone and the fact it runs on Windows Mobile it truely is one of the greatest smartphones on the market and has if not the most well designed keyboard ever.

If I had to choose between a Q9 and a 8310 before I had my own BlackBerry I would of chosen the Q9. And after? Definantly the 8310 though if I had the money in my pocket at the time I would of bought both and alternated between the two. The Q9 has the best keyboard and the 8310 has an amazing OS. Only if I could put BlackBerry on a Q9...

A close race but the 8310 makes a mad dash to the finish line ahead of the Q9.
    02-23-08 02:22 AM
    I've owned and used both simultaneously, actually on two different occasions. I wanted to love the Q9, I really did. The 3G speeds are great, and the keyboard is very good.
    In the end, however, the Q9 went to the bay - both times. There is a quality about the berry; hard to describe, but speed, utility for the desired job, and a sexy package all rolled into one.....made the decision a piece of cake.
    Good luck with your evaluation, and let us know how it goes!

-Eric

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-08 05:09 AM
    I�ve got a Motorola Q9 now. I love the keyboard and the media capabilities. But, it cannot beat the Blackberry for battery life and stability. Frankly the Q9 and the Blackberry are not that different. I�m just waiting for Blackberries to get better media players (ones that bookmark and handle Audible.com and download podcasts more smoothly) and better third party support in general. Then, I�ll make the switch.
    02-28-08 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD