I just gave my G1 to my brother. I hated it, it was too big and heavy, and would always freeze. Piece of junk in my eyes. I got back out the Curve and I'm loving every second of it!
    04-21-09 07:28 PM
    I just gave my G1 to my brother. I hated it, it was too big and heavy, and would always freeze. Piece of junk in my eyes. I got back out the Curve and I'm loving every second of it!
    It seems that the G1 looses its appeal really quick.
    04-21-09 07:32 PM
    It seems that the G1 looses its appeal really quick.
    I bought a G1 the first day it came out, it was cool for a day until I found out it was not reliable.
    it froze daily, wouldnt read the memory card for more then 10 minutes after a reboot, which made the camera and my ringtones useless.
    I tried 2 G1's even received OTA O/S upgrade, still no change.
    I returned it and got another Curve, ahhh. Much better now.
    I just hope they worked all those issues out. Actually I dont care.
    Blackberry is the way for me, now I have a 8900. The only problem i have with it is the screen is weak.
    Thanks
    Mike
    04-22-09 12:21 PM
    Mike, check out the Storm forums and you may find some answers about your weak screen.
    04-22-09 06:14 PM
    I got my first BB in December and at first I loved it because there was SO much to do on it. After being out of the states and without a cell phone for a year I was ecstatic to have a BB. That quickly wore off when after only 1 month of having it, my curve sh*t the bed so to say. Sent it in 'under warranty' no problem, got a replacement, worked much better, until the original got sent back. To shorten this up, the curves were so backordered there was no way I was getting another.. so I was sent the 8800 World Edition. Hate it. Im fed up and frustrated with BB to no end. Was thinking of switching to the G1 but after reading this I think Ill hold off and suck it up with my BB for a while.
    04-25-09 12:57 PM
    Can the G1 run background applications? I user google talk, google latitude and msn live always on my Curve, that is a plus for me to switch.
    06-14-09 04:40 PM
    i have the g1 iphone 3g and bold and curve,(ima junkie) and i have to say the g1 is a bif toy jus like the sidekick its a decent phone at best, they should have named it the gkick or some **** cause thats all its is the camera sucks unless your in the perfect lighting and battery life sucks but i still think it has all the older model bb killed anything before like 07 or 08 cant compete with it jus my opinion

and like scandalex siad it looses appeal after 2 or 3 days then u realize how much of a toy it really is,lol
    Last edited by Big-Jae; 06-14-09 at 11:05 PM.
    06-14-09 11:03 PM
    That is funny considering a lot of companies are having their managers use iPhones instead of BBs.
    With minimal encryption/security and much less efficient data usage I wonder why companies would adopt the iphone over the BB?

The Iphone is simply more costly to operate...something that is no mentioned often here.

I think its a perceived bonus thing for the managers.
    06-21-09 12:12 AM
    The G1 is cool but I don't like it because its ugly. lol
    06-22-09 01:12 AM
    Not a big fan of the G1 but only because of its cosmetics.
    06-24-09 02:28 AM
    I hated my G1. It is too big and bulky for me. I did love the android system I have to admit. But as for the phone I think you have WAYYYYY over stated it's speed. My husband still has his and he loves it. But he has had problems with it. It crashed a few weeks ago and T-Mobile had to replace it after Android did some kind of "upgrade". It does not record or play video. So I guess to each his own... enjoy your G1 and I will keep enjoying my Curve!!
    06-24-09 04:55 AM
    I'm writing this from my g1 right now loool absolutely adore this phone I've had the 8900 and the bold and I've got to say g1 sheets on them both, as for it being ugly I used to think the same but imagine an ugly person with a kick *** personality, the things this phone can do will make u grow to love its appearance definitely, I love my g1
    07-01-09 01:47 PM
87 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD