Why are u deciding to switch from BB to other smartphones.
    Thanks
    09-30-09 10:09 AM
    I have had my Storm since February and I do like it now more than ever. I have had my eye on the TP2 ever since it started to appear on the Internet. I have nothing against the Storm, and would certainly recommend it to anyone. I believe the two most important parts on a phone are the screen and the keyboard because you are using them constantly, and the TP2 beats the Storm on both. The Touchflo overlay appears to also be a nice finishing touch. I also like that the TP2 provides TVout. The TP2 also has a lot more app memory, and this is probably my only complaint about the Storm.

I still have not decided to jump to the TP2 because I like my Storm so much with all apps that I use constantly on a daily basis, but I am leaning to the TP2 and will probably jump within the next week or so when Verizon gets them back in stock.

I view it as going from better to best.
    09-30-09 11:36 PM
    I'm just a phone nerd. I'm planning on using a Hero or Sholes on Verizon once they are released but of course ill keep my Curve cuz somehoe I always end up coming back to blackberry. You know what they say...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 10:44 PM
    I'm not.
    10-06-09 10:47 PM
    I'm dropping my Blackberry for the Hero because I'm not happy with the Tour number 1 and number 2 RIM's quality control has fallen in the old porcelain pony and is swirling around the rim.

I'm on Tour #4, bad trackball & radio on number 1, 2. bad trackball, screen ripple and muffled sounding to callers., 3. bad trackball & screen freezes, 4. screen freezes and constant self rebooting.

Not willing to try number 5 and being a big Google user the Hero makes more sense to me being a Google centric phone.
    10-06-09 10:55 PM
    I might switch back to BB after the 9700. I left BB because of the data plan prices. Couldn't really justify paying $20 more a month for data + sms for no reason...
    10-06-09 11:02 PM
    I like my phones like i like my women, two at a time lol j/k so i won't completely leave blackberries alone as they are good and stable phones. I just get bored with them after a while as they are very limited in customizing, storing apps to card, apps, no wifi router etc causing the need to switch it up. But a blackberry will always be in my rotation though. Its a good back up phone and i can't leave BBM alone. I think of a blackberry as that girl thats well rounded, stable, excellent communicator, not too flashy and you can toss to the side and come back to later.
    10-06-09 11:55 PM
    I came to blackberry for its innovation and features that none had at the time (or could not do as well) specifically: web / mail / push access, wireless, full keyboard, camera, high quality screen, EDGE access using an OS that can be upgraded.

Over the past two years everyone else has been upping their specs by leaps and bounds whereas all RIM has given is:

1.a 1mp improvement to 3mp on the camera (compared t 5mp for others),
    2. moved up to 380x460 from the 320x240 (where others are moving to 480x800)
    3. application memory upped from 64 to 256 (whereas others have gone from 32mb or lower to up to 32gb)
    4. Little if any difference in the OS or its UI where some companies have innovated and produced a whole line of fresh,clean usable OS. I still do the same battery pulls I did 2 yrs ago, same memory leaks and this is on 3 different devices.
    5. One soon to be two 3G GSM phones where most carriers are talking 4G/LTE and have a complete lineup of 3G phones (no comment on cdma plz- I'm talking about GSM)
    6. Decreased build quality. From the bold and on, each device has gotten worse in the quality dept. Look at returns, replacements, etc. Compare this to the solid build quality of Nokia, HTC, even Moto,

10-07-09 08:08 AM
    I came to blackberry for its innovation and features that none had at the time (or could not do as well) specifically: web / mail / push access, wireless, full keyboard, camera, high quality screen, EDGE access using an OS that can be upgraded.

Over the past two years everyone else has been upping their specs by leaps and bounds whereas all RIM has given is:

1.a 1mp improvement to 3mp on the camera (compared t 5mp for others),
    2. moved up to 380x460 from the 320x240 (where others are moving to 480x800)
    3. application memory upped from 64 to 256 (whereas others have gone from 32mb or lower to up to 32gb)
    4. Little if any difference in the OS or its UI where some companies have innovated and produced a whole line of fresh,clean usable OS. I still do the same battery pulls I did 2 yrs ago, same memory leaks and this is on 3 different devices.
    5. One soon to be two 3G GSM phones where most carriers are talking 4G/LTE and have a complete lineup of 3G phones (no comment on cdma plz- I'm talking about GSM)
    6. Decreased build quality. From the bold and on, each device has gotten worse in the quality dept. Look at returns, replacements, etc. Compare this to the solid build quality of Nokia, HTC, even Moto,

Wow.........
    10-07-09 08:53 AM
    I think of a blackberry as that girl thats well rounded, stable, excellent communicator, not too flashy and you can toss to the side and come back to later.
    U know u will never be able to PM a chick from this site and get lucky
    after that post right.
    Unless you're a bad boy type chicks love bad boys.
    But nah I doubt it cause bad boys don't use smart phones
    10-07-09 08:55 AM
    Wow.........
    It's so true though. Look at the next big phone, the Nokia N900.
    • ARM 8 600MHz processor (same as iPhone, Palm Pre)
    • 3d accelerated graphics
    • 3.5 touchscreen
    • 800x480 resolution
    • 5MP camera with Dual LED flash
    • Slide out keyboard
    • FM tuner/transmitter
    • Assisted GPS
    • 256 RAM 768 Virtual memory (total of 1GB memory)
    • 32GB internal storage + Micro SD up to 16GB
    • DVIX/AVI video support

And to top it all off, the thing runs a full version of Linux (they ditched Symbian and are running Maemo 5 for this phone) with a Mozilla based browser that has Flash 9.4 and full Ajax support.

I don't see RIM innovating anything even close to this. RIM seems to be stuck in time back when they were the kings (well technically Nokia has always dominated the smartphone market). I had a blackberry pearl and loved it until I started seeing other smartphone OS's catch up and surpass it. I ended up getting a G1 and love it. Now helping my parents do something on their BB Curves is agonizing, the menu system and OS is just out of date.
    10-07-09 12:35 PM
    It's so true though. Look at the next big phone, the Nokia N900.
    • ARM 8 600MHz processor (same as iPhone, Palm Pre)
    • 3d accelerated graphics
    • 3.5 touchscreen
    • 800x480 resolution
    • 5MP camera with Dual LED flash
    • Slide out keyboard
    • FM tuner/transmitter
    • Assisted GPS
    • 256 RAM 768 Virtual memory (total of 1GB memory)
    • 32GB internal storage + Micro SD up to 16GB
    • DVIX/AVI video support

And to top it all off, the thing runs a full version of Linux (they ditched Symbian and are running Maemo 5 for this phone) with a Mozilla based browser that has Flash 9.4 and full Ajax support.

I don't see RIM innovating anything even close to this. RIM seems to be stuck in time back when they were the kings (well technically Nokia has always dominated the smartphone market). I had a blackberry pearl and loved it until I started seeing other smartphone OS's catch up and surpass it. I ended up getting a G1 and love it. Now helping my parents do something on their BB Curves is agonizing, the menu system and OS is just out of date.
    All I can say again is wow..............
    10-07-09 12:52 PM
    I'm switching because of what everyone has said in this thread...RIM is not making any groundbreaking devices! all of there devices are pretty much the same and somewhat lackluster compared to the competition...I mean, RIM is good for the business sector but in all honesty I don't need a BB for my work...I need more of a consumer friendly phone and RIM is just not cutting it for me.
    10-07-09 04:03 PM
    U know u will never be able to PM a chick from this site and get lucky
    after that post right.
    Unless you're a bad boy type chicks love bad boys.
    But nah I doubt it cause bad boys don't use smart phones
    Lmao!!!

damn there goes my BBM love time to change my screen name lol. But chicks dig the long ball lol.
    10-07-09 04:33 PM
    I'm ditching the BB because the Android operating system looks amazing. It has the smooth, user friendly looks similar to the iphone, the freedom to download/install apps without being required to use the store, like the BB, and freedom for even more people to create apps by being open source. In addition to that, if I end up loving Android but not necessarily liking my phone, I can get a phone made by someone else, with the same OS! I wouldn't have left my BB for a WinMo and the Palm needs a lot more development before I'd move to that, but Android has me drooling. I can't wait to get my Sholes/Tao/Droid.

I've also been unhappy with the quality of RIM lately, both hardware and software wise. The Storm was crap when it came out. Slowly its improved and now is kinda usable but the OS still has bugs and hardware can't be changed (requiring something in the battery door to click correctly for example). The software releases tend to fix things while breaking other things. After the Storm failure, the next phone was the Tour which I gave up on quickly due to all the problems that were had with them.

Plus, I like Google and I've always wanted an Android, I just loved Verizon too much. Now they are meeting in the middle and I'm excited.
    10-09-09 04:57 PM
    I think I have found my love for the next year, the Omnia 2.
    But that could change..........
    Oh fickle me
    10-09-09 05:18 PM
    Maybe you need to see additional reviews.
    10-09-09 06:19 PM
    Man, if the BB 9700 actually hits Rogers on Oct 26th, might have to get one and unlock it for AT&T....
    10-09-09 06:32 PM
    Man, if the BB 9700 actually hits Rogers on Oct 26th, might have to get one and unlock it for AT&T....
    Lol thats the geek in you talking, BBM was callingme so picked up a Tour yesterday. Different packaged berry, same ish . But it does what i need it to do.
    10-09-09 07:37 PM
    Yeah, the 9700 basically plugs most of the holes that the Bold had though...
    -Better looking screen
    -Better camera
    -Trackpad
    -Less wasted bulk in the design
    -Upped app memory
    10-09-09 08:03 PM
    agreed, i'm hearing good things on android phones coming to VZW....i won't be switching away, i'll be looking long and hard at both of the new VZW android offerings though...
    10-09-09 10:35 PM
    I'm focusing more on the Sholes instead of the Hero because of the keyboard and the difference in power (from the little info that has been leaked). The Hero looks like an amazing device also but I want a keyboard again haha
    10-10-09 01:29 PM
    OP....you are asking why storm owners are leaving??? what kinda dumb question is that????
    LMAO, im kidding. honestly, the storm did me in with the berry for a while. dont kid me now, ill probably go back to a berry next year but anything is possible i may go to andriod, or stick with winmo, etc. for now im berried out because of the POS storm.
    10-10-09 09:41 PM
    Wow the Storm 2 is looking nice...

Maybe I'll drop AT&T for VZ after all.
    Last edited by papped; 10-12-09 at 03:45 PM.
    10-12-09 03:26 PM
    Wow the Storm 2 is looking nice...

Maybe I'll drop AT&T for VZ after all.
    You're going to loose your rollover
    10-12-09 04:01 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD