What's so special about them? I see one has a 8MP camera and one has a 600 processor. What's. It look like in comparisson to the s2?
    05-06-10 06:54 PM
    Microsoft is pushing them as I believe as a sub-smartphone. They will require the same data plans as Smartphones, cost about the same, and initial reviews haven't been too warm. that said, I don't think they will exactly be on the top of everybody's wishlist...
    05-06-10 08:50 PM
    Yeah..and for a 299 asking price with a new 2? Idk....
    05-06-10 08:57 PM
    Yeah I recently watch owner's kin unboxing on youtube. WP has nice OS, but loathe phone's design.. kin two actually remind me of almost look like MYLO (Sony)..
    05-07-10 05:43 AM
    Also just realized it has NO APP STORE whatsoever, neat design...but cheap, very cheap... programming is overkill for what the phone is capable of.
    05-08-10 10:12 PM
    I also saw somewhere that it doesn't have a calendar either. It seems like something that teenagers would be into.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 10:41 PM
    One potato Two potato
    05-11-10 09:49 AM
    The kin reviews have been pretty bad...
    05-11-10 12:49 PM
    Yeah..and for a 299 asking price with a new 2? Idk....
    The ads I seen have the at: $49 for the KIN 1 and $99 for the KIN 2 both require the 2 year deal.
    05-12-10 08:09 AM
    I also saw somewhere that it doesn't have a calendar either. It seems like something that teenagers would be into.

You're correct. Microsoft is actually marketing these to the teen set since they've pretty much gotten rid of Sidekicks (MS bought Danger, the company that made Sidekicks). BUT...at least Sidekicks had an app store & organizer! Since they're so watered down, one would think the price would be a lot lower.
    05-12-10 12:25 PM
    Sucks what they did to sidekicks... They used to be a really nice feature phones that offered some things that other phones still don't.
    05-12-10 01:33 PM
    It feels like these phones aren't even a serious effort. MS must have been scrounging the Danger warehouses and found bits and pieces of different old prototype phones, hobbled them together, and tossed on a limited beta build of Windows 7 Phone OS.

Do they really think that a teenager who needs a cell phone and is willing to (have their parents) pay for a data plan is going to prefer one of these over an iPhone? An 8GB iPhone is $99.
    05-12-10 04:11 PM
    Here is some information on the KIN that i found.
    05-16-10 08:44 AM
    They actually seem like social networking devices. I can see the appeal to younger people. The UI looks cool, but very busy. But without an app store I don't see them selling many of them. And the absence of PIM functions is baffling. Dumbphones have calendars and task lists. Again, it seems like a social media device rather than a smartphone. They shoukd offer both devices for kin one = free; and kin two = $49.99 with a two year contract, with a data plain that is $15. Maybe then they will be able to sell a lot of these. Like the previous poster said, anything more than in price, why would they choose this over an iPhone? Now the 3GS is less than $100. No reason to get the kins then.

05-31-10 12:05 AM
    Kin is this the phone that auto uploads onto account
    for pics and such? If so i've seen it and wondered if this
    would make a good phone. Does anyone have inept seen it in action?
    06-06-10 08:45 PM
    This looks like a nice phone I'd like to try someday.
    07-19-10 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD