I am making the switch from my curve to the iphone. I am excited!
    07-02-08 10:20 PM
    I got an iPhone today to play with on the extra line I had on my account and its not that bad...its def not a bb or even close to it. But its a fun toy to play with

I doubt I'll keep it very long but it as worth getting to play with LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 01:11 AM
    Hi--I am new to the forum--I had a treo before and had nothing but trouble with it. I sell real estate and am trying to decide which would be better--iphone or blackberry. I need my emails right away and need quite a bit of talk time. However, having gret internet access is also good--to look up houses. I am on AT&T now. Would appreciate any advice.
    Thanks
    Linda
    07-03-08 04:50 AM
    Hi--I am new to the forum--I had a treo before and had nothing but trouble with it. I sell real estate and am trying to decide which would be better--iphone or blackberry. I need my emails right away and need quite a bit of talk time. However, having gret internet access is also good--to look up houses. I am on AT&T now. Would appreciate any advice.
    Thanks
    Linda
    I am actually getting into the real estate business myself and have came to the conclusion that the iPhone would be the best for my needs. I have a a friend who is into real estate and loves to take pictures and send them by MMS. He once told me that was the reason behind not getting the device, but I then informed him that you can be email. It shows up a lot better on the iPhone (pictures) and sending it to/from my email, I realized I can view it later on my PC. With the iPhone, you are also able to sync the photos using MobileMe. Also another reason which you mentioned is to be able to look/view houses online. With MobileMe, you get push email. If you use Yahoo, it is push as well.

With 3g, I'll be able to be on the phone and still use data features (like surfing the web to view the houses)
    07-03-08 11:02 AM
    Also welcome to crackberry.
    07-03-08 11:03 AM
    I am actually getting into the real estate business myself and have came to the conclusion that the iPhone would be the best for my needs. I have a a friend who is into real estate and loves to take pictures and send them by MMS. He once told me that was the reason behind not getting the device, but I then informed him that you can be email. It shows up a lot better on the iPhone (pictures) and sending it to/from my email, I realized I can view it later on my PC. With the iPhone, you are also able to sync the photos using MobileMe. Also another reason which you mentioned is to be able to look/view houses online. With MobileMe, you get push email. If you use Yahoo, it is push as well.

With 3g, I'll be able to be on the phone and still use data features (like surfing the web to view the houses)
    To add to this, earlier this year my wife and I purchased a timeshare in Vegas and when we were at the office getting "the schpeil", one of the other employees there was using his iPhone to flip through various pictures of the different locations and models. I must admit, it was quite smooth.

There's this location!
    *swipe*
    ... and this location
    *swipe*
    ... and this is the inside...

For a cutting edge media device, it does the trick.
    07-03-08 11:07 AM
    im thinking about moving too, but maybe a first generation iphone. i have tmo!! If the new 3g becomes jail broken ill sell everything. I will not sign a new 2 year contract with at&t unless my mom lets me take over her cell one account (but kinda hard if you have unlimited minutes for 39.99). My last option is adding a new line for a 1 year contract but never use my upgrade. I would save it for a new BB when it comes out and just have data for my iphone usage.
    07-04-08 10:45 AM
    My iPhone sucks, I hope the 3G version is better. Good luck!
    07-04-08 10:53 AM
    there are a lot of applications out there from mms and video messaging. my girlfriend has an iphone 1st gen. I cant remember what the app is called, but she sends me video and pictures via mms not email. As stated before, the pictures that were sent via email were 50 times larger and clearer when you synced them to your computer. I did prefer emailed pictures because they were sent faster than mms though.
    07-04-08 10:55 AM
    there are a lot of applications out there from mms and video messaging. my girlfriend has an iphone 1st gen. I cant remember what the app is called, but she sends me video and pictures via mms not email. As stated before, the pictures that were sent via email were 50 times larger and clearer when you synced them to your computer. I did prefer emailed pictures because they were sent faster than mms though.
    iPhone Video Recorder, SwirlyMMS, iMMESS MMS. With those three, picture/video messaging is awesome.
    07-04-08 12:07 PM
    Just as an FYI, an AIM client has been seen in the AppStore preview (within the 3G iPhone tutorial video).
    07-05-08 09:53 AM
    Just as an FYI, an AIM client has been seen in the AppStore preview (within the 3G iPhone tutorial video).
    That's good news, hopefully it holds to be a real app and not a tease.

Was it iChat? Or some other app?
    07-05-08 10:38 AM
    That's good news, hopefully it holds to be a real app and not a tease.

Was it iChat? Or some other app?
    If you watch it...it seems very much like the AOL logo..
    07-06-08 09:08 AM
    Bye, bye, bye.
    07-06-08 09:36 AM
    If you watch it...it seems very much like the AOL logo..

That would be great. Honestly with 3g, the webapps will be good enough until the actual app arrives.
    07-06-08 09:53 AM
    i agree both bb's and the iphone are great devices.... personally for someone who texts and emails a lot i couldnt stand not having my keyboard. As far as media i already have a couple ipods and not to mention i could load my bb with music on my sd card if i wanted it that bad. But the keyboard is the main thing keeping me with bb.
    07-06-08 10:04 AM
    agreed seipmoney!
    07-06-08 10:08 AM
    I'm with ya sandman, I will probably be switching as soon as I become eligible for an upgrade or selling my 8310 and old Razr I have laying around.
    07-06-08 11:03 AM
    all i know is i left my iphone for a curve cause it didn;t fit my needs, and i was even hacked for third party apps and what not...
    07-06-08 04:56 PM
    MMS is big...will the new one have it?
    07-07-08 05:44 PM
    No MMS client available at the moment, but MMS is possible through email.
    07-07-08 07:08 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD