Well.... More than likely, it's coming late June... I'm definitely getting it... Who else is getting this bad boy?

I'll keep the Curve as my work phone and the iPhone as my play phone.

Leaked AT&T memo points to 3G iPhone release in late June? - Engadget Mobile

Next-gen iPhone spotted in the wild? - Engadget Mobile
    Last edited by Jayden0606; 07-24-08 at 12:50 AM.
    05-07-08 10:10 PM
    I'm not interested
    05-07-08 10:33 PM
    I can't put my berry down to sleep. No way I could change phones. (Unless it is another berry, of course. )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 10:49 PM
    I'm too much of a device freak not to get it. Whether I keep it or not is another story.

My only gripe with RIM/BB is not being able to go into my personal folders on BIS. On my iPhone, I was able to go into each email account and go to each personal folder, whether it was my Yahoo or AOL.
    05-10-08 07:49 PM
    I really dislike iphone very much.. BOLD is my very interesting!
    05-15-08 09:33 PM
    I dont think I will need a second iPhone.
    05-15-08 09:36 PM
    I love Apple products, but the iPhone is one thing I could care less. To me, it's an ipod touch with cell capabilities. The missing keyboard is the main issue for me. People are going nuts about 3G iPhone's and it's ridiculous.

I can't wait until it arrives so people can stop talking about it. But in reality, people will be talking about something else like 4G iphones that call the police once you get mugged. It's always something with iphone fanboys. Can't believe someone started an iphone thread at Crackberry!
    05-15-08 10:01 PM
    Who else is getting this bad boy?
    Been there- done that. The first iPhone was enough for me; besides, I already have the iPod Touch.
    05-15-08 10:10 PM
    Exactly. The ipod touch is thinner and does pretty much everything. I'm sure it will carry on in the next version too.
    05-15-08 10:13 PM
    no way i love my bb and wont own anything else, dont get me wrong i love all gadgets but im not an iphone person i pretty much hate it
    05-15-08 10:34 PM
    short answer: no iphone 2.0 for me

long answer:
    LOL. I just got my Curve today (first BB) and I switched from an iphone.. after a couple of months the iphone lost its wow factor for me, and it was no more than a glorified ipod with a nice browser.. not to mention I couldnt use the ipod function half the time since I would forget/misplace the headphone adapter.. recessed headphone jack for the loss..

the phone is also missing some extremely basic functions that make it unnecessarily difficult to use for anything but fooling around.

I've been playing with my BB non-stop today and I L-O-V-E the full qwerty keyboard. It's my first phone with a full keyboard and I'm already real comfortable with it and typing pretty fast as well.
    05-15-08 10:42 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry my friend.
    05-15-08 11:02 PM
    Apple makes some great things, eg Comps and OS's for the comps, but I think the iphone is a great device for a High School kid, but not for your everyday "business/for fun" user. If you are only a "for fun" then get an iphone and I am sure you will be satisfied. But if you need more functionality from your device, then there is nothing that is gonna touch a BB. Hands down you will feel the difference in the two, the only thing the BB needs to improve is the internet, its rather unpleasant to view.

Here is a scenerio I recently ran into. I met an Apple fan boy through a friend. This guy was an absolute child and swore up and down that the iphone is the greatest thing ever. Then let him use my BB for a few hours while watching some TV and he returned it and said "Rubbish!" Just found out today he scraped his iphone for a Curve... Point being, once you see the actually 1 million and 1 uses for a BB, and you have a business, you will switch. Even Apple fanboys DO!
    05-15-08 11:04 PM
    Eh, don't hate on the iphone too much, fellas.

It is a really nifty piece of hardware. The main issue is no keyboard... Okay, for me at&t has zero cell reception in my town so that counts as well, but apple did something pretty nice with the iohone. And that's that

05-15-08 11:05 PM
    I'm not saying that the iphone is a poorly made device I'm just saying that, in terms of what I need to do on a mobile (email, IM, and scheduling) it doesn't come close to the BB. With that said, it all depends on what you need to use it for. If you were going to pick up a BB and expect to watch videos and browse the web as smoothly as with an iphone, then I would suggest picking up an iphone because they are great for that :P
    05-15-08 11:09 PM
    Hardware keyboard ftmfw. I can't stand the iphone and never will want one. I think it *looks* sexy but I can pretty much find ways to do everything it is so vaunted for being able to do on nearly every halfway decent smartphone out there. And I have, or figured out how to.

05-15-08 11:49 PM
    I might get this one, depending on the price and the new functions of the phone.

Just curious, but why does everyone want the iPhone to have an actualy "physical" keyboard? What's the difference? Is it more accurate or what? What's wrong with iPhone's touchscreen keyboard?
    05-31-08 03:33 PM
    I might get this one, depending on the price and the new functions of the phone.

Just curious, but why does everyone want the iPhone to have an actualy "physical" keyboard? What's the difference? Is it more accurate or what? What's wrong with iPhone's touchscreen keyboard?
    Perception.

Many people perceive the iPhone's virtual keyboard as a boon, and they refuse to give it a fair shake. A good number of people convince themselves they hate it before they use it; then they use it for the first time and since they have already convinced themselves they hate it, it turns into an exercise in futility.

The virtual keyboard is, truthfully, not as accurate as a hardware keyboard � it is just the nature of the beast. That doesn't prevent people from being quick and efficient with it. If you can actually get over the fact that it is virtual and trust in the auto correct feature, you will find yourself typing plenty fast for a mobile device.

Another common gripe is the limited one-handed typing ability that goes with it. I, personally, can't type worth a damn one handed on a hardware keyboard either, so... To be quite honest, I can type one handed at pretty much the same rate on the iPhone keyboard as I can on my Curve's keyboard, and it isn't fast for either, so I just don't do it. I feel that if I can't devote two hands to typing an email or SMS, the email or SMS can wait. The only reason I can't type with two hands is because I am doing something that takes one of my hands, driving, or whatever... If any of those are the case, the reply can just wait.

Some people really do give it a good, honest try and still can't adjust. Most, however, just assume it sucks, convince themselves it sucks, and are completely unable to give it a fair, open minded effort as a result.
    05-31-08 03:54 PM
    Thanks for the response, xD

Wait, so does the Blackberry not have a dictionary or auto-correct thing on the phone?
    05-31-08 06:39 PM
    BB has autotext which changes commonly misspelled words.

It's different from the iPhone's. I agree with CrazEtooN on the first point about not giving it a fair shake. I for one find it easier and more efficient to type on the iPhone then my Curve. The dictionary is awesome and always corrects my spelling.
    05-31-08 09:55 PM
    Well, one more week until this thing is released
    06-02-08 07:01 PM
    ...And another week of reviews, bs, and hopefully it dies after that.
    06-02-08 07:09 PM
    Dunno I gave the ipod touch a fair shake and the keyboard is not as functionable as my BB. Not terrible, used it for a week on vacation, and was not used to it in 7 days... =/ thats enough time to adapt to it and I could not with great success. Correct me if I am wrong but the ipod Touch has the same Virtual Keyboard as the iphone? TY
    06-05-08 11:59 PM
    From the way the rumors on the Iphone 2 are shaking out, it looks like it will be much the same phone, but with 3G, 3rd party software, GPS...

WWDC is a developers conference, so I think if they had a new form factor, or even a new size, that they would have launched it before it is released. There have been photos going around, but not as many as you would expect.

I am sure they will sell a lot of them, but I think they need a second, different style phone to be considered a contender in the market. I would expect next years macworld to launch an iphone nano, a little smaller than the pearl, that is what the current I phone is functionally.
    06-06-08 10:55 AM
    I don't know too many people that are in their careers that use the music portion of any smart phone more than 10% of the time. When I need to listen to music I'm using my nano or shuffle at gym or home on the stereo. I wouldn't want to take my 500 dollar I phone to the gym and sweat or drop it. Plus, I couldn't wanting to drain my battery by listening to music and surf CB at the same time. Conservation is in effect here.

06-06-08 11:13 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD