Okay, so I gave up the iPhone a couple of months ago to wait for the 3g iPhone as I only lost $10 off what I paid for the device. (Invisible Shield is awesome) I then went into the at&t store to pick up a couple of Jawbone IIs and started playing around with the iPhone and realized how awesome this device is.

I love texting on it 10Xs more than any device as the dictionary is amazing. I could type "soolr" and it will know I wanted to type "apple" The UI is smooth and super fast. Holding the device is just a pleasure.

Anyone else give up an iPhone and miss it?

I still love berries and will always have one, but who else is waiting for the 3g iPhone coming out in a couple of weeks? NYC already received the HSDPA upgrade and reports (according to The Boy Genius) going from an average download speed of 500-800 kbps to 1400-1500 kbps in NYC.
    05-30-08 09:38 PM
    I might get one for my g/f. She's been bugging me about it. lol Her birthday is coming up anyway. Might as well wait for that 3G version to come out.
    05-30-08 09:53 PM
    I have an iPhone. In not nearly as excited about it as you are. It is an ok phone, its more of a toy than anything. My BB is a business tool and I would not trade it for the iPhone any day. My wife uses it more than me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-08 10:02 PM
    oh i hate the iphone. probably because of it's unrealized potential.

it could be so much better. like my buddy handed me his at work and i clicked on the weather icon, and waited... i counted to 6 or 7 and then EDGE brought it up. ugh!

one could go on and on about this things potential but that gets old when you just want to get busy.

i got tired of waiting for iphone 2 and recently bought my first smartphone, a pearl. it is so great i don't think i will be tempted to give it up.

who knows, new phones are fun?
    05-30-08 10:23 PM
    as we speak i'm switching over from my iphone to the blackberry 8820...i have the curve from work and i love blackberry's...if the iphone had a physical keyboard..mms..and an LED flash for the camera, the iphone would be awesome (i don't see the iphone having a physical keyboard, but wishful thinking)
    05-30-08 11:08 PM
    Everyone complains about what it doesn't do, but fail to see what it does and how well it does it.

The fast response of the OS is a big plus for me. The easy multitasking abilities is another plus.

With 3g being added, there will be no stopping the browser. It's already IMO the best browser out there.

The camera is already an amazing one. Crystal clear pictures!

05-30-08 11:22 PM
    There are a lot of great things about the iphone, but I really feel like it was a good first effort as opposed to a fully functional device. There are still many places where it has a long way to go. For instance, for me to want to use one, it wouldn't have to know what I was trying to type b/c I'd be able to get all the keys and get what I wanted first try like on the curve or the treo (or any other good QWERTY). It would have fully functional tasks, not just memos. And it would have a lot more options for customization.

Hopefully their sophomore effort will handle these things better, but I doubt it - Apple as a whole has an ego the size of Siberia. This is quite possibly the biggest flaw of the company as a whole. They can't see when they can improve b/c they always think their product is better than everything else. It's a shame - they could learn a lot from Nokia, Palm and RIM. And if they did, it might really be the greatest device out there.
    05-30-08 11:27 PM
    I'm sure the 3G iphone will be a great device but its just not what I need. I'm sold on the BOLD!
    05-30-08 11:34 PM
    I miss mine occasionally as well. I was in the Apple store playing with one the other day and I forgot how silky smooth and sexy the OS is to use. It felt good to hold again, and I will most likely end up getting the 2nd Gen come mid/late June. The guaranteed additions I have heard about are nice, but I am still waiting to see what we haven't heard about to make my final decision.
    05-31-08 12:31 AM
    I miss mine occasionally as well. I was in the Apple store playing with one the other day and I forgot how silky smooth and sexy the OS is to use. It felt good to hold again, and I will most likely end up getting the 2nd Gen come mid/late June. The guaranteed additions I have heard about are nice, but I am still waiting to see what we haven't heard about to make my final decision.
    Omg... that was me last night at the at&t store. The OS is seriously the smoothest OS I've ever played with. The phone itself feels awesome in my hand (something I miss as I had the Invisible Shield on) and a lot of the gripes everyone is having will be obsolete as there is going to be a lot of 3rd party support. All the developers realize making a app for the iPhone will be a great thing for business.

I am going to get it, but I was seriously tempted to buy it last night. I miss my iPhone :-(

Don't get me wrong though, BB 4 Life, but for play, it's the iPhone all the way. For getting down to business, it Berry baby!
    05-31-08 10:00 PM
    Just sold my iPhone on ebay. Good riddance. The gadgets were great, but the phone sucked. No signal at my house where my 3 year old RAZR gets full bars. Just waiting patiently to join the BB family when the 9000 comes out.
    05-31-08 11:30 PM
    BlackBerry 4 Eva.

05-31-08 11:51 PM
    Everyone complains about what it doesn't do, but fail to see what it does and how well it does it.

The fast response of the OS is a big plus for me. The easy multitasking abilities is another plus.

With 3g being added, there will be no stopping the browser. It's already IMO the best browser out there.

The camera is already an amazing one. Crystal clear pictures!

I want an IPhone...My bf bought me the IPod Touch when it came out lol...he preordered it and everything, and i see myself grabbing it to surf the web and IM my friends more than my BB. I was thinking of doing the switch to att when the 3G iphone comes. I have one question though. Most times in my car i use my IPT to listen to my tunes...if i get a call or a text...what happens...does the music cut out and it rings...can i answer the text while its plugged into my car?! LOL

But i prefer the on screen keyboard as i love it on the touch. I love having thousands of pictures on it and being able to flip through them with the flick of a finger. I can care less about push email lol, as long as i cn configure my email to come to the IPhone, and also i think the iphone would sync better with my Mac

Maybe with selling my month old pearl*that has a BSE on it* and my IPT (16gb perfect screen, slight scratches on the metal due to the ipod sock), it may come out to be at least half of the cost of the iphone...
    06-01-08 12:04 PM
    I want an IPhone...My bf bought me the IPod Touch when it came out lol...he preordered it and everything, and i see myself grabbing it to surf the web and IM my friends more than my BB. I was thinking of doing the switch to att when the 3G iphone comes. I have one question though. Most times in my car i use my IPT to listen to my tunes...if i get a call or a text...what happens...does the music cut out and it rings...can i answer the text while its plugged into my car?! LOL

But i prefer the on screen keyboard as i love it on the touch. I love having thousands of pictures on it and being able to flip through them with the flick of a finger. I can care less about push email lol, as long as i cn configure my email to come to the IPhone, and also i think the iphone would sync better with my Mac

Maybe with selling my month old pearl*that has a BSE on it* and my IPT (16gb perfect screen, slight scratches on the metal due to the ipod sock), it may come out to be at least half of the cost of the iphone...
    I highly doubt the new iPhone will be much more, if any, than the existing iPhone. Your 16gig iTouch sells for $399 brand new, and the Pearl is like $170 after rebates and such, but is probably closer to $400 retail. You should be able to sell the iTouch for $250-300 because Apple products retain value, and the Pearl for $150-200. I would list both on your local Craigslist for $300 and $200 respectively, and see what kinds of offers you get. As long as you stay relatively firm on your pricing, I don't see you getting any less than $400 for the two of them.

The 3G iPhone is likely to cost $399 and $499 respectively, so you will be well more than halfway there. Even if it costs $499 and $599, you will still be more than halfway there. I doubt it will cost $499 and $599 because of the negative reaction Apple got to such a high cost the first time around though.
    Last edited by CrazEtooN; 06-01-08 at 05:45 PM.
    06-01-08 12:21 PM
    I highly doubt the new iPhone will be much more, if any, than the existing iPhone. Your 16gig iTouch sells for $399 brand new, and the Pearl is like $170 after rebates and such, but is probably closer to $400 retail. You should be able to sell the iTouch for $250-300 because Apple products retain value, and the Pearl for $150-200. I would list both on your local Craigslist for $300 and $200 respectively, and see what kinds of offers you get. As long as you stay relatively firm on your pricing, I don't see you getting any less than $400 for the two of them.

The 4G iPhone is likely to cost $399 and $499 respectively, so you will be well more than halfway there. Even if it costs $499 and $599, you will still be more than halfway there. I doubt it will cost $499 and $599 because of the negative reaction Apple got to such a high cost the first time around though.
    You make a very good point! Then all ill incur is possibly a portion or the price and the term fee from vzw, which hopefully is prorated(??) we shall see! i have to check att coverage in my area
    06-01-08 02:37 PM
    So long ShortStop51001, it was nice knowin' ya!
    06-01-08 02:46 PM
    the iPhone isn't that great. I can't stand the touch keypad. I too thought it was great but I quickly learned to NOT like it. The way it handles learning new words is terrible. Sure it looks great but looks isn't everything. And I NEED copy and paste.

06-01-08 07:51 PM
    You make a very good point! Then all ill incur is possibly a portion or the price and the term fee from vzw, which hopefully is prorated(??) we shall see! i have to check att coverage in my area
    Welcome 2 the dark side (as everyone on CB calls it) This phone is great as well as BBs. I actually switched to my g/fs iPhone until the BOLD and iPhone 2.0 come out. I love this phone!
    06-06-08 02:15 PM
    Welcome 2 the dark side (as everyone on CB calls it) This phone is great as well as BBs. I actually switched to my g/fs iPhone until the BOLD and iPhone 2.0 come out. I love this phone!
    How do you live with the 1MP camera and without MMS and no removable memory? Did the last update allow you to send SMS to more than one person at a time?
    06-06-08 02:26 PM
    Monday, 10 am Pacific, 1pm Eastern. The "big show." After having my eyes opened a couple of months ago, and my recent crusades for iPhone acceptance, I only hope Jobs doesn't let me down!

How do you live with the 1MP camera and without MMS and no removable memory? Did the last update allow you to send SMS to more than one person at a time?
    2 MP, same as the Curve. MMS can be accomplished via email. With 8 or 16 gigs (rumored to be 16 or 32 on the new release) of onboard memory, removable memory is hardly a concern. Yes, you can send SMS to multiple people and have been able to since January.
    06-06-08 02:31 PM
    It's actually a 2MP camera and is better than my Curve's 2MP. The only difference is when night comes and I have no flash, but at that time I'll use my Curve's video light for that.

I send MMS by email anyways and I know all the carrier mms emails to send it to the phones.

No one has 16GB card in their BB and if the iPhone comes out with 32GB, no competition there.
    Last edited by Jayden0606; 06-06-08 at 02:36 PM.
    06-06-08 02:33 PM
    No flash? Really?

Email to MMS doesnt work for all carriers - at least for me.

So can you use it as a hard drive if you wanted to store files on it and acces them later?
    06-06-08 02:36 PM
    No flash? Really?

So can you use it as a hard drive if you wanted to store files on it and acces them later?
    We will be able to store them hopefully, but then again I don't need this either... Lol. I actually tried to leave Docs2Go out as I really don't store files on my phone.

I don't even send MMS like that so I've never ran into the MMS issue, but that should be resolved as well very shortly with great 3rd party apps that already exist.

This device will be good for me, not all... GoDJ, you know you want to give it a try
    06-06-08 02:41 PM
    No flash? Really?

I have never actually had a probably with MMS as email, I guess it is subjective.

The flash thing is a true pitfall, but it is far from the only phone that doesn't have a flash with its camera.

You can't store files on a BlackBerry either. Docs to Go is the first real attempt at fixing this, but look how long it has taken to come to fruition. Being the business-centric device that BlackBerry is, I can't understand how it took them so long to allow for a document management solution to come about. By the by, the strong rumor is that DataViz (Docs to Go creator) will be developing a suite for the iPhone as well.

For every Berry user not running OS 4.5, it can only store the same file types as the iPhone; meaning music, movies, and pictures.
    06-06-08 02:51 PM
    My concern is living without mms and removable media. If the device isnt flash-based, doesnt that mean you're only limited to using iTunes to add/delete media from the device?

Ooops, I forgot the disclaimer! I am very interested in iPhone 2.0 and will for sure try it out when it hits! The UI, touch, threaded sms, etc is calling me.
    06-06-08 02:51 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD