This morning Fox News in Chicago reported that the new IPhone 2.0 is being released today for $199.00. I was surprise to see that this made news but I guess more people would be interested, plus that price seems good, if it is only $199.00 I might have to get one. Mobile internet hands down is better than BB, but I love my berry anyway.
    06-09-08 06:11 AM
    it doesn't matter to me one way or the other...but if they did, they're the only one in the country so far..
    06-09-08 07:35 AM
    I saw that on the news this morning. An "iPod Touch" that makes phone calls! So what's different about V2... does it finally have cut 'n paste?
    06-09-08 07:41 AM
    I saw it abt 10 mins ago on the news . LOL
    06-09-08 07:47 AM
    LOL....i dunno..i thnk all the apple users are going crazy because of the video chat thingy....
    06-09-08 07:47 AM
    Am I the only one tired of seeing the word "IPhone" in the new post list every time I log in here?
    Never have figured out why this forum category even exists. I mean there have to be a ton of Apple product forums out there.
    Even CB members who DON'T hate the IPhone have to admit it seems silly to constantly talk about it here...right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-08 07:53 AM
    Am I the only one tired of seeing the word "IPhone" in the new post list every time I log in here?
    Never have figured out why this forum category even exists. I mean there have to be a ton of Apple product forums out there.
    Even CB members who DON'T hate the IPhone have to admit it seems silly to constantly talk about it here...right?

You might not be the only one tired; yet at the same time, you made the conscious decision to click on the link to read AND comment; so how tired are you really?

Talking about the iPhone here is no different than other site that talk about phones that are not directly linked to what the site is about. Stop clicking links you're so tired of.
    06-09-08 07:58 AM
    wheres the link to the new iphone..cant seem to find it anywhere :P
    06-09-08 08:03 AM
    yeah, everyone on tv is saying that they are going to "show" the new iphone today..i havent seen anybody say it's being "released" today
    06-09-08 08:06 AM
    Mr. Jobs is going to announce it at 1:00pm EST. I might just go back to the Iphone. I mean 3g, better looking emails, real internet, push email, visual voice mail and at $199.99 you can't go wrong. If they add spell check, cut and paste, jivetalk via download, I am sold.

How long should we have to wait untill OS 4.3/4.5 is out for the GSM Curve's! Too long!
    06-09-08 08:22 AM
    My iPhone is nothing more than a toy, and paperweight. My wife uses it more than I do, but she loves her berry. I have seen it on our desk collecting dust for at least a month. I should power it on just to make sure it works.

06-09-08 08:30 AM

I did add this thread in the other smartphone group. Just because this is a crack/blackberry site doesn't mean that we can't learn about new devices. I am all for knowing, I think having an IPhone is more of a toy then a blackberry for me. I use my BB for work and believe if the price is true at $199.00, then I will get the IPhone instead of another BB for persoanl use.
    06-09-08 08:50 AM
    First of all, this is the OTHER smartphone category...

Second of all, it hasn't been released yet, but is being announced today. Nobody knows what the actual release date is for sure, and while it could be today, it could also be weeks from now.

Firmware 2.0 is also due out this month that adds the ability to natively install third party apps. This means things like JiveTalk are a real possibility, as well as hundreds of other types of apps. Don't forget about the full Exchange support that includes push mail, push contacts, push calendar, and remote device wipe; amongst other things.

It is on the news because it is obviously one of the most anticipated mobile technology releases of the year... Not everyone lives in a Berry only world people. Even some of us Berry fans are open minded enough to recognize how big of a deal this thing is.

Lastly, it is the 2nd generation effort. Everything that will be what included won't be known until 10am Pacific/1pm Eastern. It is guaranteed to be 3G though, and GPS is highly likely. Numerous other additions are widely speculated on as well.

You can "Berry" (I know it is spelled bury...) your head in the sand all you want, but this release could be the very thing that catapults the iPhone even higher in the smartphone usage charts. Also, nobody forced you to look at the link. Like I said, this is the OTHER smartphone board, and you didn't have to come in here and read it if you are tired of seeing it. The same thing applies if you saw it on the "new post notifier" at the top of the screen.
    06-09-08 10:04 AM

Following the gossip on the iphone is like watching the paparazzi follow Britney Spears around...she shaves her head, making you scratch your head. The iphone gets killer games, making it a better business tool? Again more head scratching...
    06-09-08 10:40 AM
    Apple is gearing up their site for sumtin' good...

06-09-08 10:46 AM
    Both the Blackberry and Iphone are great pda's. If you have never used an IPhone you really shouldn't down the Iphone. After I had an Iphone for a couple of months it made we wonder why Rim/Blackberry have not found a way to step up their game after being in the pda game for so long. The emails look amazing on the Iphone and so does the internet. Being someone who owns his own small business and website, I find more use in an Iphone then my Blackberry. But we all are different, I just think people should try an Iphone before they down them.
    06-09-08 10:50 AM
    The only new stuff is going to be 3G, longer battery life, vedio ichat and that's gonna be it.... Oh wow what a great phone!! Lmao...enough already

06-09-08 10:51 AM
    If it was released today, I'm suprised nothing on At&t's website.
    06-09-08 11:04 AM
    The only new stuff is going to be 3G, longer battery life, vedio ichat and that's gonna be it.... Oh wow what a great phone!! Lmao...enough already

Thank you for that amazingly insightful take that you masterfully backed up with insurmountable evidence... I find it amazing how nobody else in the tech world, outside of Apple, knows exactly what is coming to the 2nd gen iPhone, yet you do.

98% of you need to get your heads out of this fantasy world where anything not called "BlackBerry" is a children's toy not worth the material it is made out of. If you are diluted enough to think that the only things coming to the iPhone are games, you really need to open your eyes and read some of the news that has been spewing forth from every major tech publication and blog for the past 6 months.

Yes, this is a BlackBerry fansite, but you are in the dedicated OTHER smartphone section of said site. Do you understand what that means? It is the area designated for conversation about the smartphones not "fortunate" enough to be branded BlackBerry, hence the OTHER designation. If you don't want to read about the iPhone on this site, stop coming to this section. If iPhone talk pops up in other sections, just don't read it. I would imagine that since most of you are "business users," you would have the necessary intelligence to do these simple things.

I am no iPhone fanboy. I don't own one, and I am only cautiously entertaining the idea about buying the 2nd generation release. That said, I pray to all that is holy that the 2nd generation stomps all other smartphones into the ground just to give you all a nice, fat serving of "humble pie." Lord knows many of you need it... Actually, even if it did happen, the majority of you will still probably bash on it with unfounded comments while you hold hands and skip through the flowery fields of this fantasy world where BlackBerry is the end all, be all device...
    06-09-08 11:29 AM
    06-09-08 01:37 PM
    Thank you for that amazingly insightful take that you masterfully backed up with insurmountable evidence... I find it amazing how nobody else in the tech world, outside of Apple, knows exactly what is coming to the 2nd gen iPhone, yet you do.

98% of you need to get your heads out of this fantasy world where anything not called "BlackBerry" is a children's toy not worth the material it is made out of. If you are diluted enough to think that the only things coming to the iPhone are games, you really need to open your eyes and read some of the news that has been spewing forth from every major tech publication and blog for the past 6 months.

Yes, this is a BlackBerry fansite, but you are in the dedicated OTHER smartphone section of said site. Do you understand what that means? It is the area designated for conversation about the smartphones not "fortunate" enough to be branded BlackBerry, hence the OTHER designation. If you don't want to read about the iPhone on this site, stop coming to this section. If iPhone talk pops up in other sections, just don't read it. I would imagine that since most of you are "business users," you would have the necessary intelligence to do these simple things.

I am no iPhone fanboy. I don't own one, and I am only cautiously entertaining the idea about buying the 2nd generation release. That said, I pray to all that is holy that the 2nd generation stomps all other smartphones into the ground just to give you all a nice, fat serving of "humble pie." Lord knows many of you need it... Actually, even if it did happen, the majority of you will still probably bash on it with unfounded comments while you hold hands and skip through the flowery fields of this fantasy world where BlackBerry is the end all, be all device...
    Thank you for your insightful information. I to don't own an IPhone and I am also thinking about getting one as well. I have used one in the past (friend's) and Apple did do their homework and it is an amazing phone. Please let me know if I am wrong here, people were lying up for days to get the new IPhone when it was released, I don't remember anyone standing outside of carriers doors that carry the blackberry. It is sad that there are some people that don't have an open mind regarding the IPhone. It wasn't to long ago that Apple is on the brink of going under, until the IPod came out and honestly I love my IPod, for me it is the best and easiest mp3 player around. All in all, the IPhone is something to at least check out even if you don't plan on buying one.
    06-09-08 02:24 PM
    Thank you for your insightful information. I to don't own an IPhone and I am also thinking about getting one as well. I have used one in the past (friend's) and Apple did do their homework and it is an amazing phone. Please let me know if I am wrong here, people were lying up for days to get the new IPhone when it was released, I don't remember anyone standing outside of carriers doors that carry the blackberry. It is sad that there are some people that don't have an open mind regarding the IPhone. It wasn't to long ago that Apple is on the brink of going under, until the IPod came out and honestly I love my IPod, for me it is the best and easiest mp3 player around. All in all, the IPhone is something to at least check out even if you don't plan on buying one.
    The lines were in fact true. They were lining up for days and the original release cost $499 for a 4gig and $599 for an 8gig. Now, it will be $199 for an 8gig and $299 for a 16gig. During the initial release, the lines weren't necessary to get one as it took the entire weekend for Apple to sell out, but that was at a far higher price point. This time around, things may change quite a bit.

The iPhone still may not be for everyone, but damn if it didn't just raise the bar significantly. Especially with the accompanying MobileMe service that gives ALL PERSONAL users push mail, push calendar, push contacts, and a "push-like" way to share photos. MobileMe will be a separate item that runs $99 a year, but if you break it down to the month to month, and add it to the iPhone data plan, you are paying $28.25, which is cheaper than At&t's peronal BIS plan, and it will have more user features than At&t's BIS plan.

There are still missing features, but there is nothing that rules them out of future firmware upgrades (especially considering that Apple is not a company that releases everything at once, in order to keep customers interested in sticking around). Not to mention that the missing feature list has just become very small, and in light of the new additions, very insignificant. There is also the fact that considering the iPhone will be able to install 3rd party apps now, some of the missing features may be made completely obsolete by 3rd party developers...

The only really unfortunate thing about todays announcement were the release dates. 2.0 firmware is set to drop in the beginning of July, as is the MobileMe service. The actual second gen iPhone is being released on July 11th.
    Last edited by CrazEtooN; 06-09-08 at 03:00 PM.
    06-09-08 02:41 PM
    OK so i am in love with the white iphone...Sayonara pink pearl...

I already ordered my IS for the 3g IPhone(they offer 20% off if you preorder it)...i am planning on buying it then selling my ipod touch and my pearl*which is 2 months old*

Darn i wish they had preorder...im not a waiting in line type of person!!

***im getting excitedddd*** finally my mac will have a BEST friend hehe...

If you want to order an Invisible Shield...So that your new baby will be covered out of the box...I got full IPhone 3g shield for 15.97!!! IS is offering 20% off bringing the price down to 19.95 but if you use promo code "pcworld20" at checkout, you get another 20 off so it comes to 15.97!! WOOHOO!
    06-09-08 03:01 PM

Have you been to http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/? I think crackberry is more than fare about giving props to the other brands of smartphones in the marketplace. With that said, just because their is a section on this board for other smartphones, doesn't mean that you won't have people defending their choice of phone as the blackberry.

I am relatively new to blackberry (Jan 08), but I am not new to the world of "fanboyism" where if someone dislikes, or is indifferent to an apple product, they are considered to be "picking on the little guy" or " It wasn't to long ago that Apple is on the brink of going under"

Apple is neither "on the brink" nor "the little guy" anymore, so I think that they are fair game as far as being susceptible to the same praise or lamentation that fanboys treat Blackberry with.

In the blogs on crackberry, Kevin even hooked theiphoneblog.com up with the prerelease Bold to review where they end most sentences with "not as good as an iphone."

I can say that I am the proud non-owner of an iphone, and will avoid getting one as long as I can. I tried getting every mp3 player out there before conceding that the ipod was the best, and I hope that the iphone doesn't provide the same fate to the blackberry.
    06-09-08 04:18 PM
    Good stuff... I love I.S. and rather use I.S. over BSE.

I will probably order two or three tonight.

OK so i am in love with the white iphone...Sayonara pink pearl...

I already ordered my IS for the 3g IPhone(they offer 20% off if you preorder it)...i am planning on buying it then selling my ipod touch and my pearl*which is 2 months old*

Darn i wish they had preorder...im not a waiting in line type of person!!

***im getting excitedddd*** finally my mac will have a BEST friend hehe...

If you want to order an Invisible Shield...So that your new baby will be covered out of the box...I got full IPhone 3g shield for 15.97!!! IS is offering 20% off bringing the price down to 19.95 but if you use promo code "pcworld20" at checkout, you get another 20 off so it comes to 15.97!! WOOHOO!
    06-09-08 05:54 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD