I keep in touch with development news a lot as a software engineer and it occurs to me Apple mad a huge mistake, they brought the iPad to market first.

Let's look at it this way, the first one at anything is the benchmark and everyone who comes after is compared to them. And that is almost always a bad thing.

There are a lot of iPad "killers" in the works, but the biggest competition comes from China. Enter the Teso iPad clone running Windows 7. Yes, all animosity aside, it's a contender. It has a camera! And is wide screen! And a host of other features.

Ok, clone is not correct but it's a contender in the iPad arena. Apple had better step up and offer what people want otherwise they will find themselves left behind.

And I don't say this as an Apple hater,I am going to China again soon and a lot of people at my workplace are asking me to source this when I go there. The iPad was the talk of the town for about 2 weeks until it was discovered it lacked even the basic functionality of the common netbook and now this is the product everyone talks about. I am not sold though, when I get my hands on a Teso until I will write a full review.
    03-10-10 01:23 AM
    So why is this in Blackberry general discussion...?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 02:26 AM
    I want an HP Slate.
    03-10-10 04:19 AM
    I think the idea of the iPad, and the devices like it are going to be a fad for the short term, and will not be a market dominant force.

I suspect products like this one the "Roll Top Computer"
    YouTube - Future Designer laptop - ROLLTOP //Diploma Thesis// will emerge before the iPad, and its competition can perfect what the market needs.

I'm not saying the rolltop is what is the answer, but the idea is pretty neat, and if technology allows it, there could be some fantastic idea's based on foldable displays,
    03-10-10 05:41 AM
    I think the real ipad killer is going to be the ipad. I'm sure it will sell decent when it first comes out but eventually like said before will just die down and kill itself off.

03-10-10 05:46 AM
    I suspect products like this one the "Roll Top Computer"
    YouTube - Future Designer laptop - ROLLTOP //Diploma Thesis// will emerge before the iPad, and its competition can perfect what the market needs.
    Oh my....... I've never been more excited by a long, cylindrical object before.
    03-10-10 05:48 AM
    im gettin the ipad the day it comes out!!
    03-10-10 09:35 AM
    So why is this in Blackberry general discussion...?

Because its interesting

I had a good look at Iphones before I chose bberry. In the UK they are the most over rated over priced gadget going. My wifes HTC HD2 performs better on the media front using windows mobile. Guy at work has an iphone and looking up calendar or contacts on that vs bold is like watching a crippled daffodil trying to beat a cheetah in a 100m sprint

Even looking back the way my lads Creative Zen had a far more rounded sound to it and a better battery life than the tinny ipod shuffle I had and cost less

I reckon apple gizmos (leaving aside the computers) are decent gadgets but massively overmarketed fashion accesories.

Just my thoughts
    05-16-10 06:35 PM
    Too hard to kill a product that has a userbase dedicated to buying that company's products, pretty much at whatever asking price and whether they suck or not...

You just can't really win with logic like that.
    05-17-10 06:03 PM
    Youve got a good point there
    05-18-10 07:00 AM
    There probably wont be an iPad killer, same as there probably will never be an iPhone killer. As was said above, Apple has a customer base that is rabid about their products, myself included. I would never buy a Windows based computer, My iPhone rules the roost compared to my other devices. It's just the way it is.

Since the launch of the iPhone, Apple has grown their customer base greatly. People that bought an iPhone are now looking at other Apple devices. I hear it everyday, "I bought an iPhone, now all I buy is Apple products"
    05-18-10 01:17 PM
    My iPhone rules the roost compared to my other devices.
    ahh now we see the attitude of an apple customer (genuinely no offence meant )

I looked at all sorts inc iphones before going for the bberry. The bberry stuffed the iphone backwards up down and all around for what i wanted.......and it was cheaper though price wasnt a constraint.

It's just the way it is.
    05-18-10 01:22 PM
    It's a cult, not a product line.
    05-18-10 01:26 PM
    It's a cult, not a product line.

lmao
    05-18-10 01:37 PM
    I'm serious, just wait till one year a couple million people die all at the same time drinking from punch bowls wearing black robes with apple logos on them =P
    05-18-10 01:41 PM
    And see, email is useless to me. That being RIM's main thing, I need more. I need HQ video and Audio playback, A LOT of browsing, apps. RIM just can't deliver currently on those fronts for me.

I'll admit it, I'll buy a lot of what Apple puts out. I want an iPad. Now stuff like AppleTV, not really itching to get one unless they can start streaming TV networks like they we're talking about. Like a pay by station deal, I'd only have the discovery networks anyway lol
    05-18-10 03:12 PM
    Too hard to kill a product that has a userbase dedicated to buying that company's products, pretty much at whatever asking price and whether they suck or not...

You just can't really win with logic like that.
    I smell a troll.
    05-18-10 08:51 PM
    Yeah i'm trolling apple products in the "other smartphones" section rather than the iphone section, because that makes lots of sense...

Nothing says troll like stirring up a lack-of-controversy on one of the most un-visited sections of this forum...
    05-18-10 08:57 PM
    Yeah i'm trolling apple products in the "other smartphones" section rather than the iphone section, because that makes lots of sense...

Nothing says troll like stirring up a lack-of-controversy on one of the most un-visited sections of this forum...
    Ok, maybe you're just making a joke. I don't know you or your sense of humor, so to me it looks like your just talking ****.
    05-18-10 09:08 PM
    I smell a troll.
    Nahh........... I think you may need some sinex

Actually a very good point made in a humorous way

One of several people I know who have iphones when asked "why? what makes it best?" said

"errrrrrrrrrrrr................................... ....well..........................errr............ ..its an iphone" lmao

I know not everyone is like that but a far more balanced opinion came from another friend who'd bought an apple laptop and described it as fast, neat, reliable....more so than his pld xp based one BUT said he was having great problems settin up bluetooth and it seemed crap for that.

We all know no product is perfect so when you get a more balanced view like that you give it more credability

Now back to the Iphone cult, what colour robes do they wear? Apple green maybe
    05-21-10 06:16 AM
    The robes are white. On the back is a life size picture of a naked and 'excited' Steve Jobs, with a caption that reads "Who's your daddy?"
    05-21-10 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD