I was leaning towards the touch pro 2 but only if i can get 6.5 on it? I think you can get it on a rom or something but how long until vzw will officially give 6.5 to the touch pro 2? any input would be appreciated on making my decision because i want to order one or the other ASAP

thanks
    10-08-09 04:51 PM
    Just seems like a question of hardware keyboard or not...
    10-08-09 05:24 PM
    but if 6.5 isnt going to be official anytime soon than i dont want to be stuck with 6.1? i dont know much about ROMs and all that. Anyone.. timefrane on touch pro 2 6.5.. i the the at&t version is supposed to have it.
    10-08-09 05:35 PM
    10-08-09 05:42 PM
    TP2 is supposed to get a 6.5 upgrade by end of 09 from what ive been reading about, released by carrier. (at least officially anyways)

ive also read that TP2 camera sucks, and its a moderatly sluggish device and has poor battery life. ive read better reviews for the imagio. sadly, i would like a physical keyboard but the imagio seems to have better reviews
    10-08-09 07:17 PM
    i can try the touch pro 2 for 30 days and if im not happy i can swap to the imagio, correct? and not to be a pain.. but if i didnt like the imagio either i could return that and just keep using my tour until something i liked better came out and still not have used the upgrade that is left on my account?
    10-08-09 08:47 PM
    I don't think you can keep doing the 30 day return multiple times...
    10-08-09 08:49 PM
    TP2 no longer carried in stores or by customer service, you can only get it online... Makes me think they're not going to be selling it very long.
    10-09-09 08:47 AM
    The TP2 and the Imagio should be in stores on the 20th. I just don't think they expected the demand for the TP2.
    Bot devices are pretty much a mirror image of the other. TP2 has family locater; where as Imagio offers TV.
    The Imagio cam has more mega pixels
    than the TP2. It is all gonna boil down to wether u want a keyboard or not. As for myself I look at what a phone can do then it is a matter of asthetics as well.
    Imo the Imagio is a sweet looking device.
    But then again there is so much coming.
    Decisions decisions; I may just go with the Imagio and see what develops this coming year with the android os....
    10-09-09 09:06 AM
    Trendy, How did you hear the Touch Pro 2 would be available again on the 20th? I ordered mine through Verizon 9/22 and am sooo ticked off it hasn't shipped yet and they can't tell me an ETA.
    10-09-09 04:26 PM
    Yeah, I have not seen anything that gives any ETA. No word from Verizon or HTC.
    10-09-09 06:23 PM
    store manager just said they may never carry either of them because sometimes the htc phones dont come to the stores. idk if i agree.
    10-09-09 06:27 PM
    I'd say the TP2. The TP2 is really the imagio with a keyboard, has a 3.2 mega pixel camera instead of the 5 for the Imagio but thats the only thing the Imagio has over it really.
    10-09-09 07:41 PM
    just ordered my imagio. figured, if I dont like it, Ill switch to the TP2 or maybe back to bb which would be a storm2. Hope I like it! I do miss some of my apps and docs I would sync with my PC.
    10-12-09 04:32 PM
    I had to pull the plug on my Imagio order. Decided to just wait for a new replacement to my defected TP2. I just could not see my self with out a qwerty keyboard. Besides is almost the same besides I didn't see any difference on picture quality between both and I new I was never going to use the verizon's TV thing. I even like my TP2 more after I installed Spb mobile shell which looks nicer, works better and frees up memory.
    10-12-09 08:40 PM
    Thanks for the info.
    10-13-09 09:43 AM
    Got my TP2 yesterday. THe Imagio is going back. This is a sweet phone, well actually, they both are, but I prefer the physical KB. The 6.5 update should be out soon. Im really enjoying this phone. TH web browser is awesome. Didnt realize how bad it was on the storm till I got this phone. The responsiveness is great as well! Actually, the TP2 is more responsive than the Imagio. DOnt underdtand why since theyre pretty mcuh the same phone. Anyways, just thought Id drop in again now that i got it.
    10-17-09 11:52 PM
    Got my TP2 yesterday. THe Imagio is going back. This is a sweet phone, well actually, they both are, but I prefer the physical KB. The 6.5 update should be out soon. Im really enjoying this phone. TH web browser is awesome. Didnt realize how bad it was on the storm till I got this phone. The responsiveness is great as well! Actually, the TP2 is more responsive than the Imagio. DOnt underdtand why since theyre pretty mcuh the same phone. Anyways, just thought Id drop in again now that i got it.
    WOW hod did you pick one up? I cant even get a replacement for my defective TP2 for the last 3 weeks.

I did go into verizon store today to give the Imagio another try and I saw the slower response you stated. I just keep my defective TP2 until more are released. By the way I was inform today that the low stock of the TP2 was not cause of wm6.5 but for a large recalled by HTC which involved my defective TP2 (lose housing around keyboard area)
    10-20-09 08:12 PM
    WOW hod did you pick one up? I cant even get a replacement for my defective TP2 for the last 3 weeks.

I did go into verizon store today to give the Imagio another try and I saw the slower response you stated. I just keep my defective TP2 until more are released. By the way I was inform today that the low stock of the TP2 was not cause of wm6.5 but for a large recalled by HTC which involved my defective TP2 (lose housing around keyboard area)
    Looked online the day it was available again and ordered it. That same day, I looked and it was out of stock.. Got lucky.
    10-21-09 10:58 AM
    AT&T's Tilt 2 (TP2) has 6.5 on it. I'm thinking of leaving BB for the Tilt 2 after seeing several YouTube video reviews of it. Wow can't believe I'm considering going to Windows Mobile, but the phone looks badass and does stuff that BB's can't do.
    10-21-09 11:31 PM
    Plus also you could see the complete sires not just mobil site
    10-28-09 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD