Ok so.. i am getting a PDA phone this sunday and i am stuck between the Tilt,Curve, and th iPhone 3G. I like each one lol but i don't know which to get!! please help. BTW i am only 18 and i'm going to college next month if that helps you any. thanks
    07-26-08 01:43 AM
    Considering that you're about to start college I'd say go with the iPhone. You probably have a bunch of music and multimedia. The iPhone being a more media-centric device would be a great fit for your situation.
    07-26-08 02:23 AM
    Well bb is a great asset for exams !!! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 04:57 AM
    Considering that you're about to start college I'd say go with the iPhone. You probably have a bunch of music and multimedia. The iPhone being a more media-centric device would be a great fit for your situation.
    Thee only thing about that is AT&T is sold out of them here and won't get any for a while but i want the phone now! lol
    07-26-08 10:41 AM
    My wife has the TILT and I am definately not a fan of it. Its not easy to navigate plus its windows mobile which I don't like as well. If you don't want a Berry, I would go with the iphone.
    07-26-08 11:22 AM
    BB can be used as a media device also. Its just personal prefence. Do you like the touch keyboard or a qwerty keyboard. There are pros and cons with each phone. From personal experience I would not get a palm/treo/windows mobile. I can't tell you how many times I have had to reset or wipe one of those phones.
    Just do your reasearch on this forum for the pros and cons. Good luck! Either phone is a great device.

07-26-08 11:25 AM
    BB can be used as a media device also. Its just personal prefence. Do you like the touch keyboard or a qwerty keyboard. There are pros and cons with each phone. From personal experience I would not get a palm/treo/windows mobile. I can't tell you how many times I have had to reset or wipe one of those phones.
    Just do your reasearch on this forum for the pros and cons. Good luck! Either phone is a great device.

My friend has a HTC phone for us cellular and he says it freezes a lot and he has to take out the battery. he also says it gets really hot sometime. i like the iphone but i text a lot and it may be really hard to do so with it (i also text alot while driving, which i don't advise) i like the curve but idk there is just something about it that tells me not to get it, but i really like it
    07-26-08 11:41 AM
    DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT get the tilt. It may look relatively nice...but it's still running on Windows-Mobile OS (I.e. Suckage). And to the person that said to get the iPhone just beacuse you fit one of their niche categories (I.e. Student)..that's ********. The Curve is just as much a 'student-friendly' phone as an iPhone is. Marketing is amazing huh? The things it does to the human psyche man.

Point: Don't get the tilt, go for either the iPhone or Curve...but don't just automatically favor the iPhone because marketing says so.

07-26-08 01:46 PM
    i had the same choices i was stuck between the tilt, the pearl, the curve, and the iphone. The iphone is more of a fun phone than a business or texting phone, the tilt was a big pain in the **** and to me, the pearl is just to girly so i stuck with curve and am loving it.
    07-26-08 01:49 PM
    Blackberry is the obvious choice, especially because you say you're going to college next month. It will definitely keep you up to date on everything you need
    07-26-08 01:51 PM
    Im trying to trade the tilt now so you can give me the curve and I will give you the tilt its the worse.
    07-26-08 01:52 PM
    Thee only thing about that is AT&T is sold out of them here and won't get any for a while but i want the phone now! lol
    That should tell you something... lol.

Honestly, I like the iPhone + MobileMe. There are a couple of reasons why as well. I will address you situation (college) in my example...

You have a PC at home, mac at the college and iPhone... You can update any of the devices with appointments, tests and contact info and have them pushed to each device. If you meet friends in class, you update their contact info and it's on all your devices. No worry about not being able to sync without your PC/Mac.

Below is a statement I made in another thread...

Below are some example...

Text/SMS... Great threaded messaging, even better than the treo.

Email... This is what true HTML should be.

Voicemail... On my BB, I used to have the box full as most of the times I know who sent me a message and what they said. On the iPhone, usually under 3 or 4 as I am able to just delete right from the voicemail app. I also love the fact that I don't have to go in the order that they came in.

Browser... As this article proves, worlds ahead, just a bit closer now with the Bold's browser. I also love having tabbed browsing like Firefox/Safari.

MobileMe... 20 times better than what BIS offers. I take a pic, I upload it to my MobileMe account (20 gigs of storage) and delete. Contacts/Calendar push... forgot about it. I have a friend who is helping me look up appointments for apartments. She would just add it to my calendar on my MobileMe account and it's instantly on my iPhone while I travel with the address that I can hit and locate in the Maps application.

App store... Wow. Applications are just coming in left and right.

Games? Wow multiplied by 2. All touch and has great games.

Storage?... Not just 16GB of storage for media/files, but also for applications. I've already download over 25 apps and no slow downs what so ever. On my BB, I kept about three 3rd party apps due to precious space. (Opera Mini, Twitterberry & Telenav) Even after a while I took Telenav off.

iPod... Although I don't use this portion... for those who love watching movies or listening to music, this is awesome.

Tons more stuff, not enough time. Even after all of this, I'm not saying either device is better than the other, but for me, it's as perfect of a device as it's going to get. Once again, not perfect, but the most for my needs/wants.
    07-26-08 03:21 PM
    If it's not going to be an iPhone, the next one up IMO would be the Curve. I've had all 3 devices and have USED (keyword) all 3... I like the iPhone the best. Last night I was testing out my typing and I went so fast that a co-worker of mine stated "You're sick" typing that fast. I have big fingers, but I learned to trust the touch screen. A lot of people also dislike touch screen because there Treos and tilts did not do so good, but the touchscreen on the iPhone is worlds ahead of these devices and can't compare.
    07-26-08 03:24 PM
    Thanks all.. as i can see the tilt.. suck?? lol and jayden i know you are getting sick of me asking all these questions! lol
    07-26-08 06:55 PM
    Thanks all.. as i can see the tilt.. suck?? lol and jayden i know you are getting sick of me asking all these questions! lol
    Trust me I don't... I love answering questions or attempting to find the answers when I'm unsure or don't know.
    07-26-08 07:28 PM
    A few of my co-workers have the Tilt; and they wish they didnt!
    07-26-08 07:30 PM
    I just traded mt Curve for a Tilt and I actually like the Tilt a lot more. I guess it's all about personal preference, since I like hacking my phones and the BB was unhackable.
    07-31-08 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD