I recently bought a Blackberry 8900 thinking the Wi-Fi connection would allow me to use all the apps (except BB email stuff). I quickly learned how wrong I was... even At&T's little "family unlimited data" plan is virtually useless ($10/month/phone with messaging unlimited... my SIM was originally in a RAZR).

I find it quite unfortunate because I am quite fond of the BlackBerry hardware but I'm not willing to pay for some expensive data plan when I'm constantly surrounded by Wi-Fi that I'm paying for more often than not (Home/Office).

My question is this... can I use a Windows Mobile phone (eyeing the HTC touch pro 2 at the moment) and get most of the online functionality while connected to the net via wi-fi? The only "problems" I've found so far are weather updates, email notifications and the like... and maybe the little data add on AT&T offers would fix that.
    02-26-10 01:32 AM
    I've had several Windows Mobile phones, and they are all WiFi friendly. Meaning you can use most applications with WiFi. The tomtom gps app uses preloaded maps, too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 11:06 PM
    Don't forget that if you buy a new WinMo phone you will still be required to purchase a data plan with it (minimum of $30/month), just like a BlackBerry. All new smartphone purchases require data plans, regardless if you already have a standard dumbphone internet/messaging plan.
    03-01-10 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD