09-04-09 12:32 PM
    wonder if that's a move to get some of the Pre/potential Hero users away from Sprint. Seems like a great price compared to Sprint and T-Mo.

Would that drop the first gen touch pro down then? I'm not sure what the price is for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 01:05 PM
    I'm not sure if that's VZW's plan...but I know $350 for TP2 on Sprint and T-Mo is highway robbery.

09-04-09 01:08 PM
    wonder if that's a move to get some of the Pre/potential Hero users away from Sprint. Seems like a great price compared to Sprint and T-Mo.

Would that drop the first gen touch pro down then? I'm not sure what the price is for that.

I don't think they are doing this to necessarily take away Pre/Hero users. More like a target at Sprints/Tmobiles potential TP2 users.

$150 extra isn't that big of a deal though when you factor in your Sprint/Tmobile monthly payments compared to Verizon which has higher prices.
    09-04-09 01:17 PM
    Crap, I'm torn. Should I get this, or wait for a Storm 2? Up until I read this I was set on waiting until mid-October for the S2 but I'm not so sure anymore, the Touch Pro2 is looking very attractive now. If it'll run WinMo 6.5 that might be the dealbreaker for me.

I liked my Storm while I had it for three-four months but there were issues (mainly with the software) that stopped me from loving it completely. From what I've seen Windows Mobile 6.5 is looking to a pretty good OS.
    09-04-09 05:36 PM
    Crap, I'm torn. Should I get this, or wait for a Storm 2? Up until I read this I was set on waiting until mid-October for the S2 but I'm not so sure anymore, the Touch Pro2 is looking very attractive now. If it'll run WinMo 6.5 that might be the dealbreaker for me.

I liked my Storm while I had it for three-four months but there were issues (mainly with the software) that stopped me from loving it completely. From what I've seen Windows Mobile 6.5 is looking to a pretty good OS.
    I believe it'll run WM 6.1 @ release, but should be able to move up to 6.5 on or after 10/6.

I'm in a similar boat. My first choice is to stay with BB, but hey, I'm a free agent as far as phone upgrades go. I don't know if I'll roll with the S2, but I want it to be good...at least functional out of the box lol
    09-04-09 05:59 PM
    Doesn't really matter if it includes WM6.5 stock or not.

This is a WM phone we're talking about... You'll be able to run WM6.5 regardless. But don't think for a second that WM is void of issues here and there...

You could easily end up with the same problem.
    09-04-09 06:02 PM
    I had the TP2 (tmobile) for a few days and it sucked! not the phone but winmobile sucked 6.1 and 6.5
    unless your a winmobile fan I wouldn't suggest this phone.
    09-05-09 09:03 PM
    I had the TP2 (tmobile) for a few days and it sucked! not the phone but winmobile sucked 6.1 and 6.5
    unless your a winmobile fan I wouldn't suggest this phone.
    Would you mind giving some specifics? Never used WM before. How does it compare to BB?

Last edited by mensahdemary; 09-05-09 at 09:09 PM.
    09-05-09 09:07 PM
    I found it difficult to navigate,not user friendly (at least to me)
    it felt like I was using an old version of Windows 3.1
    Then I upgraded to winmobile 6.5 and that wasn't any better.
    The phone would be kick *** if it had android on it. Like I said unless your a diehard winmobile user I don't think this phone is winner.
    09-05-09 09:16 PM
    I found it difficult to navigate,not user friendly (at least to me)
    Then I upgraded to winmobile 6.5 and that wasn't any better.
    The phone would be kick *** if it had android on it. Like I said unless your a diehard winmobile user I don't think this phone is winner.
    Okay, that seems more in line with some of the comments I've heard about WM. I'm still going to try before I buy. I like the Storm these days...maybe I have an acquired taste lol

09-05-09 09:30 PM
    Okay, that seems more in line with some of the comments I've heard about WM. I'm still going to try before I buy. I like the Storm these days...maybe I have an acquired taste lol

Absolutely try before you buy, Take it from me the TP2 doesn't have much of a resale value.
    09-05-09 09:33 PM
    Haha! That's how I felt when using the BB OS. After having used the iPhone, G1, and actually owning a Pre and the fabulous WebOS, it feels like I'm suffocating w/ BB or WinMO.

The keyboard looks nice, the resolution's fantastic, but damn it to **** if I use a stylus. Motorola Sholes or bust!
    09-07-09 05:38 PM
    Haha! That's how I felt when using the BB OS. After having used the iPhone, G1, and actually owning a Pre and the fabulous WebOS, it feels like I'm suffocating w/ BB or WinMO.

The keyboard looks nice, the resolution's fantastic, but damn it to **** if I use a stylus. Motorola Sholes or bust!
    +1 on the keyboard it really is nice. believe it or not as much as I hate the idea of using a stylus for that type of touch screen the stylus actually helps.
    09-07-09 05:40 PM
    how did you folks upgrade to winmo 6.5??? any links on where to download that from i have found nothing....
    09-07-09 08:09 PM
    how did you folks upgrade to winmo 6.5??? any links on where to download that from i have found nothing....
    I got it from xda-developers.com Just make sure you download the appropriate Rom for your device. I'm not lying WinMobile SUCKS! 6.5 isn't much better.
    09-07-09 08:11 PM
    Use an entire replacement UI shell and WM is pretty decent.

I use SPB Mobile Shell. You don't really have to use a stylus either.
    09-08-09 02:36 PM
    papped, how do you like your xperia? is it the tits or what?
    09-08-09 10:07 PM
    Like it a lot
    09-09-09 11:02 AM
    Looks great.. but definitely no iPhone.

I'll stick with my Tour for now.
    09-09-09 02:58 PM
    Looks great.. but definitely no iPhone.

I'll stick with my Tour for now.

+1

It seems like Windows mobile just complicates things. I would love to see if someone could port Android over to the TP2.
    09-09-09 03:01 PM
    WM works pretty well if you use alternate interfaces for stuff.

Vito SMS Chat, SPB Mobile Shell, TF3d, etc.
    09-09-09 05:47 PM
    And people who complain that wm sucks at least it doesn't have a laggy trackball, loose battery door, or screen ripple and does NOT take 4 mins for the phone to turn on...

09-09-09 08:20 PM
    And people who complain that wm sucks at least it doesn't have a laggy trackball, loose battery door, or screen ripple and does NOT take 4 mins for the phone to turn on...

I would take all of those over windows mobile, in fact I did that phone is way overpriced at $350 even WM 6.5 isn't any better.
    09-09-09 08:23 PM
    I would take all of those over windows mobile, in fact I did that phone is way overpriced at $350 even WM 6.5 isn't any better.
    Isn't any better in what regard? I've used several WM6.5 builds.

Also are you including WM6.5.1 builds?
    09-09-09 08:30 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD