Since you are geniuses with more than BBs, I came here for some help regarding this thread.

My HTC Touch Pro developed the newton ring and of course htc is calling it user abuse, so here's my story----->

HTC Phones Overheating Defect - PPCGeeks

If you don't have an account to post there, just reply here since I use crackberry too (I do have a 8120 and had the 8220!)

Thanks guys!

(I would've posted this in the "other smartphone" section, but I really need some immediate help/advice as I only have 8 days before I have to pay the $35 to have it sent back or pay the full price for the repair, and of course I just want it repaired under warranty because if you read the thread, you know it's not my fault!)

I saw that my title was edited, but please keep it in this section if you can I'm desperate!

or not lol
    Last edited by andrewopolis; 05-18-09 at 02:42 PM.
    05-17-09 02:27 AM
    Fixed thread title and moved to Other Smartphones Forum
    05-17-09 02:32 AM
    Since you are geniuses with more than BBs, I came here for some help regarding this thread.

My HTC Touch Pro developed the newton ring and of course htc is calling it user abuse, so here's my story----->

HTC Phones Overheating Defect - PPCGeeks

If you don't have an account to post there, just reply here since I use crackberry too (I do have a 8120 and had the 8220!)

Thanks guys!

(I would've posted this in the "other smartphone" section, but I really need some immediate help/advice as I only have 8 days before I have to pay the $35 to have it sent back or pay the full price for the repair, and of course I just want it repaired under warranty because if you read the thread, you know it's not my fault!)

I saw that my title was edited, but please keep it in this section if you can I'm desperate!

or not lol
    I've never been pleased with any of the HTC phones. Other than sending the phone back, I don't know what would fix your problem.......well, getting rid of the phone would help tremendously; but you might not want to hear that.
    05-17-09 02:39 AM
    I enjoyed it a lot.. got the 8120 in the meantime.. it's hard not having a touch screen though..

And yeah.. don't really want to scrap it since I paid so much for it! Especially if they will just repair it under warranty like they should instead of saying it's my fault, like they did.

8 days remaining to call them back!
    Last edited by andrewopolis; 05-17-09 at 02:44 AM.
    05-17-09 02:41 AM
    I enjoyed it a lot.. got the 8120 in the meantime.. it's hard not having a touch screen though..

And yeah.. don't really want to scrap it since I paid so much for it! Especially if they will just repair it under warranty like they should instead of saying it's my fault, like they did.

8 days remaining to call them back!
    Not sure what "so much" money is. If they claim it's your fault that you've developed the Newton ring, then what exactly are they supposed to be repairing?

While I'm at it...what is a Newton Ring?
    05-17-09 02:51 AM
    did ya read the link in the top post, I know it's a book, but it will explain EVERYTHING (it's not my fault)

and so much is $250. and then having to pay $202 for them to repair it, I don't think so. It's under warranty because it's a defect and they know it
    05-17-09 02:53 AM
    did ya read the link in the top post, I know it's a book, but it will explain EVERYTHING (it's not my fault)

and so much is $250. and then having to pay $202 for them to repair it, I don't think so. It's under warranty because it's a defect and they know it
    Yes, I clicked on your link but damn it's 4 a.m ......no way am I reading all of that now. You could just give me the very short version of it.
    05-17-09 02:57 AM
    I can't, every detail is critical and very important, otherwise you'll have more questions LOL, just read it later on if you prefer. I'd appreciate that just as much

by the way, I heard that the Storms and Samsung touch phones have the same newton ring defect. not gonna bother looking for any threads on either of those, but yeah, keep that in mind crackberreyers, you aren't safe either!
    Last edited by andrewopolis; 05-17-09 at 03:08 AM.
    05-17-09 03:06 AM
    (keep in mind there was some liquid that snuck under the right side of the screen, BUT MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE THE HEAT MELTED THE SEAL that protects the screen from getting things like rain underneath it).

Ok I called and got this answer:

Pressure point in the middle of the screen caused the rectangle, the liquid on the right side of the screen voids the warranty anyway, we have no way to determine which event happened first.

The tech says that it was clearly caused by a pressure point and was not a battery issue (apparently she did or didn't bring up the overheating battery BEFORE i even mentioned when I called them today, I doubt she did).

Ok so your battery overheats, well I suggest you get a new battery when you get your phone back. (because it's definintely not defective and definitely wouldn't be the reason that 1. the phone warped from the extreme overheating causing the said "pressure point." 2. the overheating may have melted whatever seal that protects the lcd from outside factors like RAIN, thus allowing some liquid to enter the screen)

Many customers read blogs, BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE BLOGS SAY because we work on a case by case basis.

Thanks I'm going to have to call you back.

----------------------------------------------------

Oh **** no.
    05-18-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD