This phone is coming soon, every carrier will get it. I would definetely get this over the Diamond 2. I mean, look at the screen size.
    I am hoping the width of the screen is comprable to that of
    the Storm. I am strongly considering going back to Win Mo.
    06-14-09 09:57 AM
    I try and like my storm but even with the upgrade it still has its bugs and disappoints me i guess im just used to winmo phones
    06-14-09 11:05 AM
    I don't like how repackaged it is compared to the last one. That's my biggest gripe with the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 06:25 PM
    I don't like how repackaged it is compared to the last one. That's my biggest gripe with the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How "repackaged" it is? What exactly do you mean?

Anyway this phone is definitely intriguing. Especially if WinMo 6.5 is a seriously huge improvement over 6.1.
    06-15-09 12:52 AM
    I try and like my storm but even with the upgrade it still has its bugs and disappoints me i guess im just used to winmo phones
    I like the ease of switching back and forth between apps with my Storm.
    But I miss the ease of changing the backgroung color; dialer skins.
    Also with win mo devices there are a ton of 3rd party apps. Maintenance games.
    I have grown accustomed to the push email of BB. Also another
    selling point of the Storm was having VZ nav.
    I do like the design of the Storm; and the Storm 2 looks like a pretty
    nice piece of equipment. So we shall see; will definitely be looking
    into switching back.
    06-15-09 09:39 AM
    How "repackaged" it is? What exactly do you mean?

Anyway this phone is definitely intriguing. Especially if WinMo 6.5 is a seriously huge improvement over 6.1.
    Very little changed internally on this phone. It's more or less a Touch Pro with a new shell and screen and flash removed.

WM6.5 is not specific to the Touch Pro 2 and is not part of the hardware. Not to mention you can flash WM6.5 on existing WM devices right now, so that is not a reason to get the TP2.

Not saying it's a bad phone, but they are repacking and selling you the same phone with small tweaks far, far worse than the iphone 3gs is compared to the 3g.
    06-15-09 12:38 PM
    Can the HTC Touch Pro (and Pro 2) multi-task like the Storm? So if I'm listening to music via the media player, while I'm also running an app like Google Maps, and I type and send a SMS. Are the Touch Pro phones capable of running many apps concurrently and can you switch back and forth between them?
    06-16-09 12:17 AM
    Just wanted to let anyone know that if you love blackberry push email, you can download blackberry connect to your htc and u will receive your emails at blackberry speed. Example gsm 3g you will receive it in less than a sec while on phone. edge and cdma- email will be waiting when you get off phone for data. Bad thing about the program is it will drain battery alittle bit faster because bb connect will constantly be connected the internet while the phone is idle.
    06-16-09 01:01 AM
    My initial thought is: Are they going to cripple the hardware like their Touch Pro?

I mean, their original TP had less memory, and an underclocked processor compared to all the other Touch Pro's. It doesn't make sense.

Hopefully they don't pull that crap with this one. Regardless I just got hooked up with an Alltel Touch Pro + Palm Pro so I've got new phones to play with.
    06-16-09 03:18 AM
    My initial thought is: Are they going to cripple the hardware like their Touch Pro?

I mean, their original TP had less memory, and an underclocked processor compared to all the other Touch Pro's. It doesn't make sense.

Hopefully they don't pull that crap with this one. Regardless I just got hooked up with an Alltel Touch Pro + Palm Pro so I've got new phones to play with.
    I highly doubt it, mostly because this hardware wasn't really upgraded much in the first place.

So it will probably release the with similar specs.
    06-16-09 12:53 PM
    I highly doubt it, mostly because this hardware wasn't really upgraded much in the first place.

So it will probably release the with similar specs.
    Yeah, but they crippled their version of the Touch Pro compared to all the other carriers. There was no reason too, but they did it anyways.
    06-16-09 11:39 PM
    HTC did change some things with this phone. Accelerometer & TouchFlo 3D both have been fixed to work fast. Look at the size of the screen, it's huge. The speakerphone, I know all business users would love that feature.
    06-30-09 05:53 PM
    In case no one has seen this, PocketNow did a pretty in-depth review. What's not to like.

HTC Touch Pro2 - Review
    06-30-09 09:30 PM
    that all those show ATT as the network on the phone so my question is what will verizon cripple in this phone either way i might be leaving verizon this september
    06-30-09 10:25 PM
    that all those show ATT as the network on the phone so my question is what will verizon cripple in this phone either way i might be leaving verizon this september
    Verizon was the first provider to get a hold of this phone, but TMo will most likely release it first.
    07-01-09 01:07 AM
    In case no one has seen this, PocketNow did a pretty in-depth review. What's not to like.

HTC Touch Pro2 - Review

This definitely may make me go back to win mo.
    Kinda want to see if the iphone comes to VZW as well.
    07-01-09 01:25 PM
    This definitely may make me go back to win mo.
    Kinda want to see if the iphone comes to VZW as well.
    +1, I was gonna pick up a tour when it comes out but I think I'll just hold off till winter to see what all is out on verizon by then. Plus that way we should know if there are any bugs on the tour and touch pro 2... I think I learned my lesson with the storm, no more impulse buys lol
    07-01-09 07:00 PM
    +1, I was gonna pick up a tour when it comes out but I think I'll just hold off till winter to see what all is out on verizon by then. Plus that way we should know if there are any bugs on the tour and touch pro 2... I think I learned my lesson with the storm, no more impulse buys lol
    you and me both brotha
    07-01-09 07:13 PM
    Don't flame me now. I think it would be less risky if one were to jump
    on an HTC touch screen device. As this is not their first attempt
    at a touch screen device; where as the Storm was Rim's first attempt.
    Also; now don't flame. I want to see if the iphone will be coming
    to VZW in 2010. It will be hard holding off because I tend to get bored
    with my device especially when I see something nice new n shiny
    07-02-09 11:05 AM
    Don't flame me now. I think it would be less risky if one were to jump
    on an HTC touch screen device. As this is not their first attempt
    at a touch screen device; where as the Storm was Rim's first attempt.
    Also; now don't flame. I want to see if the iphone will be coming
    to VZW in 2010. It will be hard holding off because I tend to get bored
    with my device especially when I see something nice new n shiny
    i agree with you people tend call me a tech whor because i like getting the new phones as soon as i can. so im hoping either for that pink project from microsoft zune or the iphone on verizon or im jumping ship come this may.
    07-02-09 06:45 PM
    No offense but people were more than warned about the Storm flaws before it was released. I mean..... Every single review that I read trashed it but people still insisted on buying that POS. Im not even going to lie. I was in line when it first released even after reading all the horrible reviews. But atleast I decided to go and try the demo before buying it which turned me off....

Atleast all of the reviews are pretty good for the Touch Pro II....
    07-03-09 10:49 AM
    Good points everyone! You guys are selling me even more on this phone lol...any clue when it might be coming out?
    07-04-09 07:27 PM
    No official word from Verizon but most likely by fall.
    07-04-09 08:10 PM
    Not sure when it comes out but they've been doing beta testing on it now. Usually it comes out about 3-4 months after that sadly they cut the ram in half just like the touch pro but its faster and heavier but feels solid
    07-17-09 06:22 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD