HTC's CEO confirmed that there will be a US version coming out in 1st quarter 2010 HTC HD2 gets official: Hands-on Video - SlashGear wow this phone is IT. Finally found one that can hold me over. Check out the video and specs.
    10-06-09 02:10 PM
    Are u serious; man I am holding out then...
    I have been waiting for this one; come to papa.
    If HTC follows suit all carriers will be getting this one
    Thanks
    Last edited by TrendyProfessional1; 10-06-09 at 03:38 PM.
    10-06-09 03:33 PM
    The only thing stopping me from holding out for this one is WinMobile.
    10-06-09 03:48 PM
    Break out the $1000 credit cards.
    10-06-09 04:03 PM
    The only thing stopping me from holding out for this one is WinMobile.
    A 4" screen geeks will be all over this one...........
    You're crazeeeee
    10-06-09 04:03 PM
    I'll sign a three year contract for this one
    10-06-09 04:04 PM
    Break out the $1000 credit cards.
    Man o Man i think i just might have to, i hope other companies realize that they cant compete with this and decide to ante up and start giving us better phones. As of now this is the phone to judge others by. Lets see how long that lasts for though. I'm still drooling.

I'll sign a three year contract for this one
    LMAO
    10-06-09 05:59 PM
    Man o Man i think i just might have to, i hope other companies realize that they cant compete with this and decide to ante up and start giving us better phones. As of now this is the phone to judge others by. Lets see how long that lasts for though. I'm still drooling.

LMAO
    I dunno, I think a few samsung phones do compete with this already. Even still with this coming to the US, most carriers probably won't pick it up since they just launched other HTC phones.

So I wouldn't really expect this thing to be very mainstream.
    10-06-09 06:55 PM
    I dunno, I think a few samsung phones do compete with this already. Even still with this coming to the US, most carriers probably won't pick it up since they just launched other HTC phones.

So I wouldn't really expect this thing to be very mainstream.
    About the US carriers not carrying it because of the newly released HTC phones, i was thinking the same thing until i found out that Verizon and ATT are the only ones that picked up the Imagio (Diamond 2). Could Sprint have held off of it because they are trying to secure this hmm.... i sure hope they were thinking along these lines.
    10-06-09 07:07 PM
    About the US carriers not carrying it because of the newly released HTC phones, i was thinking the same thing until i found out that Verizon and ATT are the only ones that picked up the Imagio (Diamond 2). Could Sprint have held off of it because they are trying to secure this hmm.... i sure hope they were thinking along these lines.
    That's the two largest carriers though...
    10-06-09 09:08 PM
    That's the two largest carriers though...
    Agreed but Verizon doesn't get a lot of devices that come out anyway. Currently they don't even have an Android phone just made a deal with google to get them in so i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't pick this up. Sprint on the other hand has a long time relationship with HTC and were the first ones in the US with the HTC diamond, so i was real surprised to see them not going that route this time as it was a good seller for them. So i'm hoping the Leo is the reason why they decided not to get the Imagio this go around, wouldn't make sense to have the Imagio and the Leo along with the TP2. Its a slim chance they might get this. If they were smart this would be their exclusive as Verizon has the Storm and ATT has the Iphone. Yeah i know keep dreaming lol but i have to man. That phone is def IT. 4.3 Capacitative screen +Tegra = OMG lol.
    Last edited by championart; 10-06-09 at 09:31 PM.
    10-06-09 09:29 PM
    I think the Nokia N900 blows this phone out of the water.

I'll pick up my Hero Friday and wait out the news on the Nokia N900. I still have an upgrade available on my 2nd line.
    10-06-09 09:29 PM
    I will sell my storm to help buy the Leo !!
    10-06-09 10:32 PM
    I think the Nokia N900 blows this phone out of the water.

I'll pick up my Hero Friday and wait out the news on the Nokia N900. I still have an upgrade available on my 2nd line.
    I don't really think Maemo is gonna tear into WM's market any time soon though, especially since a lot of people get WM just due to 3rd party support + hacking and customization...
    10-06-09 11:03 PM
    4.3-inch WVGA capacitive touchscreen, a 1GHz Snapdragon processor, 448MB RAM, but reviews of winMO 6.5 are not promising. It might be one of the first phones to run winMO 7.
    10-06-09 11:44 PM
    4.3-inch WVGA capacitive touchscreen, a 1GHz Snapdragon processor, 448MB RAM, but reviews of winMO 6.5 are not promising. It might be one of the first phones to run winMO 7.
    Correct, but with TF3d running on it winmo 6.5 is virtually non existent unless you decide to turn it off. The n900 does have a slightly better camera though i'll give them that. Think they are using a Carl Zeiss 5mp camera. But the processor on there is not messing with a 1 ghz snapdragon processor. Theirs i believe is running on a 600 mhz processor. Also the capacitive screen is going to be better on the Leo as it allows better touch screen functions, true multi touch, pinch zoom like on the iphone. The N900 is still using a resistive screen, 3.5 at that. This beast is a 4.3 cap screen. I'd put my money on the Leo.
    Last edited by championart; 10-07-09 at 12:05 AM.
    10-07-09 12:02 AM
    Don't really see what's that bad about WM 6.5 or 6.5.1. Yeah it's not a complete remake, but no one should have expected that this soon or with WM7 already in the works.

Tons of people having been using it for quite a while now.

And the 6.5 touch friendly components + TF3D or SPB MS 3.5, you're set. Unlike most of these other OSes (and it doesn't really matter which one you are talking about) almost everything can be changed....
    10-07-09 12:50 AM
    I will sell my storm to help buy the Leo !!
    I will go one better I will sell my arse.....................
    10-07-09 06:53 AM
    Well if it goes to Sprint VZW is sure to follow. But Sprint doesen't have the juice to carry this. I wanted the Imagio from VZW. But I have to try and hold out for this or maybe pay the ETF when it comes and switch
    10-07-09 06:57 AM
    Is to figure out whos getting this thing.
    Also Sony Ericson has one that will give this thing a
    run for the money.
    I did read where Vodaphone was gonna be releasing it
    in the UK. Voda is VZW and if thats the case well
    maybe things are promising for VZW in the US.
    But like I said before HTC spreads the love.
    Iphone kiss my grits
    10-07-09 07:00 AM
    Here is one for u. Seeing how google and vzw just signed a new pact.
    Rumor: HTC Touch HD2 to run Android | Google Android Blog
    10-07-09 09:26 AM
    Well if it goes to Sprint VZW is sure to follow. But Sprint doesen't have the juice to carry this. I wanted the Imagio from VZW. But I have to try and hold out for this or maybe pay the ETF when it comes and switch
    My money is on Tmobile.
    10-07-09 12:57 PM
    My money is on Tmobile.
    Your bet would be correct; I found and article sorry I didn't link it
    but AT&T/Tmobile. But eventually it will come to VZW..........
    I will have to deal with a 3.63" instead of an 3.83"
    Whoa is me; with the google vzw agreement.
    VZW will have too much juice for them not to
    be able to get something comparable
    10-07-09 01:02 PM
    GSM carriers are always the safe bet =P
    10-07-09 01:10 PM
    Depends on the date, id be really torn between the HD2 or the Xperia X3 and would have to be GSM.

I hope it drops on T-Mo so id have 3G, but i think the biggest thing is that this UI while it has 6.5 underpinnings is completely modded and can go to WinMo7 when released, meaning this phone will have some longevity to it. I figure if i buy a new phone its going to be packing some spectacular hardware to last atleast until a full two years without upgrading.
    10-07-09 01:15 PM
141 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD