Okay im kinda torn between TP2 or Storm 2..Right now i have a BB Storm and before then i had a Samsung i760. I like my storm, but have had 4 of them since they came out. Things that i used on my storm everyday..yahoo messenger, blackberry messenger, yahoo and gmail email, pandora, weather bug, and texting...what will i really loose going to TP2?
    09-08-09 08:43 PM
    You will lose BBM but other then that, it depends on what you want, WinMo or BB OS. SOme prefer BB OS and some like WinMo.
    09-10-09 12:02 AM
    You will def loose bbm. I just ordered the touch pro 2 yesterday and it will be here on monday. I am excited. I know I will be back to bb's though a few months after the storm 2 is out.
    09-12-09 07:22 PM
    You'll lose pandora too
    09-12-09 08:20 PM
    HTC Touch Pro2, no doubt. They win on adding keyboard alone, IMO. BBM is cool, but not a dealbreaker for a user like me. Give me Skype, that's all I need!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 08:35 PM
    I was in the same predicament and went with the TP2. I'm gonna end up getting a front qwerty keyboard BB as my number 2 phone though and use both phones. BB's are very reliable phones but too limited to be my number 1 phone. The Storm 2, hardware wise is an upgrade from the storm 1 but in terms of OS, it's the same limited OS in a different hardware phone. Still like BB's though and will get another.
    09-12-09 10:52 PM
    STORM 2 FTW.

09-26-09 02:17 PM
    i have the tp2 now and you can still get pandora on it!!
    09-26-09 06:01 PM
    TP2 offers the best screen resolution on any device, best keyboard on any device, flash player, caller id through BT, (call from jane doe) or (call from 5551212) all media through blue tooth, all system alerts through bt. It reads your tect through BT. It reads your email headers through BT. this phone is sick in every way, it is not a TP1, it is much improved, and its only going to get better w win 6.5 update coming in Oct. So dont Come to a BB forum asking what should i get, the obvious answer is a BB. I have owned almost every BB phone for the Past 7 yrs, The disater they released called the Storm was enough for me to see what else is out there and available, Oh also i have no issues getting any emails, Gmail, hotmail, yahoo, all flawless, as hotmail and gmail are pushed just like the BB. so if you want to continue beta testing and battery pulls and the card board behind battery door for better typing, then yes stick w BB
    09-27-09 12:10 PM
    Even though I do like my Storm quite a bit, and have enjoyed it even more after I went with the .167 OS, I am about ready to leap to the TP2 once the WM 6.5 OS comes out on Oct 6. The only complaint I have had with the Storm is the limited app memory and I continue to delete old apps so I can get new apps. Should not have to be this way.
    09-27-09 02:55 PM
    Even though I do like my Storm quite a bit, and have enjoyed it even more after I went with the .167 OS, I am about ready to leap to the TP2 once the WM 6.5 OS comes out on Oct 6. The only complaint I have had with the Storm is the limited app memory and I continue to delete old apps so I can get new apps. Should not have to be this way.
    No point in waiting for the official WM 6.5 really, there's probably a bunch of TP2 WM6.5 roms out already.
    09-27-09 03:26 PM
    No point in waiting for the official WM 6.5 really, there's probably a bunch of TP2 WM6.5 roms out already.
    This is true, XDA forums has tons of 6.5 cooked roms, plus all cabs can be d/l to sd card, no mem issues with this phone. If BB ever builts a device that comes close to this I will get it, I will always be a BB fan, but as it stands TP2 is the best phone out now.
    09-27-09 03:40 PM
    Not to mention I like WM6.1 skinned better. It's a lot faster and uses a lot less battery.
    09-27-09 04:45 PM
    I wanna see what the HTC Whitestone
    brings to the table. Thinking seriously of going back to HTC win mo
    09-27-09 11:59 PM
    I wanna see what the HTC Whitestone
    brings to the table. Thinking seriously of going back to HTC win mo
    Check this link on an update of the Whitestone.

New Verizon HTC Imagio Pics Leaked
    09-28-09 10:52 PM
    Thanks very much
    09-29-09 11:05 AM
    If push comes to shove, and you can afford it keep your Storm and get the TP2.
    09-29-09 12:32 PM
    If push comes to shove, and you can afford it keep your Storm and get the TP2.
    Are u kidding I got a teenager...............
    09-29-09 01:29 PM
    TP2 offers the best screen resolution on any device, best keyboard on any device, flash player, caller id through BT, (call from jane doe) or (call from 5551212) all media through blue tooth, all system alerts through bt. It reads your tect through BT. It reads your email headers through BT. this phone is sick in every way, it is not a TP1, it is much improved, and its only going to get better w win 6.5 update coming in Oct. So dont Come to a BB forum asking what should i get, the obvious answer is a BB. I have owned almost every BB phone for the Past 7 yrs, The disater they released called the Storm was enough for me to see what else is out there and available, Oh also i have no issues getting any emails, Gmail, hotmail, yahoo, all flawless, as hotmail and gmail are pushed just like the BB. so if you want to continue beta testing and battery pulls and the card board behind battery door for better typing, then yes stick w BB
    Does it support stereo bluetooth?
    09-29-09 01:31 PM
    Are u kidding I got a teenager...............
    Lol I can understand that. Heck just use the 30 day grace period. Try one phone out and if that doesn't work then just take it back and get the other.
    09-30-09 09:24 AM
    3 reasons why tp2 is better in my eyes, 1st it has video out so you can do the web listen to music and watch your movies and play your games on your tv,2nd it has flash ,3rd it plays emulators so you can play like all the nintendo games for free ,yah beet that storm not even close the only thing storm has on the tp2 or any wm device is its instant email and it doesnt drain your batt wm is push email so you have to set intervals to check it and it kills your batt. thats my 2 cents.
    09-30-09 08:05 PM
    Storm also has push api's in general, which the TP2 obviously doesn't. This means push apps (IM clients, facebook notifications, etc). Also the BB email client and sms client are a lot more responsive speed-wise than pocket outlook.

TP2 can get push email though, using the Seven beta. Or you can use a 3rd party email client + imap idle.
    09-30-09 08:14 PM
    Wouldn't telling the TP2 Winmo to check every minute for emails essentially be the same as push email? I'm trying to understand why another email service would be required.
    09-30-09 11:29 PM
    Wouldn't telling the TP2 Winmo to check every minute for emails essentially be the same as push email? I'm trying to understand why another email service would be required.
    No push mail basically allows your email to come to your phone in real time (as soon as they arrive @ your email address) and is less taxing on your battery. What you are thinking of is having your phone check every 15, 20, 30 minutes whether or not an email has arrived @ your email address which results in your battery consumption being higher as a result because you are constantly polling and using the connection to check at those intervals even if you don't have a new email arriving in your account. With push mail that connection is only used when you actually receive a new email. So with the addition of SEVEN Beta you are able to get your email pushed to you as soon as they arrive in your email account just like you do on a BB. Like Papped stated, BB's have this function built in and have the Api's natively to support it along with other services like facebook.
    09-30-09 11:53 PM
    Ok, thanks, makes sense. I will have to do some research on Seven Beta.
    09-30-09 11:56 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD