checked out the phone today at tmobile and they were sold out, played with it for awhile and think Im going to keep the N1, the hd was alittle big for me, but it seems to be a solid smartphone, not sure if i could get use to windows mobile.

Had iphone 3g jailbroken and loved it, N1 and android is pretty good so far, customized the n1 with Ahome theme and basically the same as my old iphone. Just better battery life and plus a trackball, and alittle faster as well, plus I have get 3g service now,
    04-15-10 09:00 PM
    So it's been out now for a little bit. May have to swap my boyfriend's 8900 and they asked what we would want.

Should we go for the HD2? Hear a lot of freezing problems, but being form a blackberry, am used to battery pulls to restart it and wiping the memory clean- basic maintenance.

Other than that, any serious flaws?
    04-19-10 01:59 PM
    The flaw is the OS. It's an end-of-life OS that isn't really going to see any support and still has all the problems that WM6 has always had.
    04-19-10 02:04 PM
    Sorry, I am not really familiar with windows devices. Just got into blackberry. Can you give an example or two of the major problems for WM6?

II know I read about apps won't be available when WM7 comes out, why would they roll a phone out that can't be supported?
    04-19-10 02:09 PM
    Because it's basically the last WM6 phone that will be released. I think they wager that people that get this phone either will upgrade later to WM7 anyways, or won't care anyways. People buy the phone for the look and size and the HTC skinning, not the OS.

But that's the main problem, you aren't really going to see WM6 apps or support moving forward.

WM6 has several issues that this phone basically tries to hide. One is performance. WM6 generally runs kinda slow, which is why the 1ghz processor on this helps overcome that. WM6 ui's are fairly terrible and often unintuitive, which is why the HTC UI hides that.

In other words this is probably the best WM phone out there, but that's because it does a good job of hiding all the problems and it still won't really be supported because WM6 is already done. So it's a negative and a positive at the same time...

If you aren't the type that cares about the latest apps and support moving forward, then it might not be that much of an issue because HTC's ui hides a lot of the crap that is WM6.
    04-19-10 02:39 PM
    If anyone is thinking about the jump, dont think, JUST DO IT. This phone is bad. Bad in a good way. Since I left blackberry I have not looked back since. I love everything about this phone. I have had 1 lockup thus far. Only thing I miss about bb is the push email and bbm(which I didnt use much). I have my google synced so I get email instantly. Coming from a blackberry you will definitely need a week or 2 to get adjusted to the typing and for the phone to recognize your words.

If you are tired of the same ole boring blackberry dont hesitate to make the jump. I know Windows Mobile is crap. Well actually HTC covered up windows so much you can barely notice its there. So far this is the best phone I have ever used and plan on keeping it a long while.

I have it unlocked to AT&T because T-mobile is horrible in my area.
    04-21-10 09:38 AM
    If anyone is thinking about the jump, dont think, JUST DO IT. This phone is bad. Bad in a good way. Since I left blackberry I have not looked back since. I love everything about this phone. I have had 1 lockup thus far. Only thing I miss about bb is the push email and bbm(which I didnt use much). I have my google synced so I get email instantly. Coming from a blackberry you will definitely need a week or 2 to get adjusted to the typing and for the phone to recognize your words.

If you are tired of the same ole boring blackberry dont hesitate to make the jump. I know Windows Mobile is crap. Well actually HTC covered up windows so much you can barely notice its there. So far this is the best phone I have ever used and plan on keeping it a long while.

Love this phone...it is a media MONSTER
    04-21-10 12:44 PM

Dude, Yes exactly thats what I had been waiting and waiting for (GSM) STORM that RIM never release for long times. RIM has some new devices like slide/ flip, not new touchscreen gsm, they are full craps! I really have thinking about leave RIM BB for the 21 century devices like touchscreen devices are high techs. I want something different techs and learn new things.

Because I know RIM won’t soon be building an another iPhone/Droid killer in future, did you notice?.. Thats why I am ready jump from ship to another ship before RIM's apocalypse to come..
    Last edited by VIDGMER; 04-22-10 at 10:28 AM.
    04-22-10 10:19 AM
    been trying to find my next phone and researched the HD2 and found out that it has problems sending sms texts. phone has to be re-booted sometimes just to send them.
    as posted by gold, rubbish.

My other half has one of these and she is not remotely tech minded and uses it with ease. The only time it needs a reboot is for installations or if i **** up fiddling with it

If you want a windows based touch screen this is definitely a good move. I didn't that's why I got a bold 9700 which has many merits over the HTC HD2 but cant touch it in some areas
    05-16-10 06:24 PM
    Thinking of getting the bold 9700 or hd2. What do you think? How's the typing on the touch screen? FYI my wife and I have the bb pearl flip now. We are looking for a new phones. I think she is sold on the bold. I am on the fence, I love bb. But this phone looks cool. Why won't it get the windows 7 upgrade? Has there been an answer as of why? All ive heard or read is that it won't. 3 don't want to get it and them have a new windows 7 htc come out 6 months later. I do a lot of text and web browsing ( only form of internet I have ) I do everything on my phone. Plear help me figure this out. Any reading material on the phone other than what's listed on the website for T-Mobile? How does it compare to the new incredible?/ looks to be basicly the same phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 08:43 PM
    anyone? present owners of the hd2??? when is the "HD3' coming out(i assume that it will have issues at first too though) any bold 9700 owners want to chime in?
    05-21-10 08:55 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD