I am eligible for an upgrade next week and I am strongly leaning towards jumping ship to the HTC HD2 after reading a number of reviews on it.

One heck of a specification and I have yet to read anything negative about it!

Anyone have any opinions on it?
    12-10-09 01:30 PM
    i have a free upgrade coming in january - im torn between the HD2 - a few friends have it and love it, or the G2 - pretty torn at the moment.
    12-10-09 01:33 PM
    I am very much thinking to go to the HD2, its one heck of a phone!!
    12-10-09 01:35 PM
    i see you are in sunny wales as well!
    12-10-09 04:44 PM
    Indeed yes and today we actually did see some sun LOL!
    12-10-09 04:48 PM
    been trying to find my next phone and researched the HD2 and found out that it has problems sending sms texts. phone has to be re-booted sometimes just to send them.
    01-10-10 01:58 PM
    been trying to find my next phone and researched the HD2 and found out that it has problems sending sms texts. phone has to be re-booted sometimes just to send them.
    Lol nonsense, This phone is a beast in every way.
    03-17-10 09:50 PM
    Sounds like it is going to be outdated before it is even sold in the United States. I would wait for something else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 07:07 PM
    Weel, I walked into a T-Mobile store today to play with an HD2. I must say... this thing is quick! Not only was the phone sexy, but everything ran real smooth. The screen is HUGE, and yes the phone is bigger than what it seems on the net.

I ran a few tests as well...

Making calls was as clear as day.

Text messaging was quick! As soon as I hit send after writing a message, my phone would recieve it. Only thing that was odd was trying to type on it. With the phone so large I felt the need to strech out my thumbs just to reach some letters. Oh, and I have large hands. I can see how it may annoy someone with small hands.

Web Surfing was smooth (Opera Mini) It was just as fast as my iPhone 3GS.

Movies never looked better! I ran Transformers (Pre-loaded on 16gb SD along with Tranformers 2) It was a real joy seeing how nice the screen really is.

MobiTV was nice with no lag.

Email was on point

Volume seemed to be a bit on the low side. My iphone would kill this in the sound department!

All in all, I was very happy with phone. So much so that I even pre-paid for one, and I'll be able to pick it up on the 24th. As odd as it may seem... I'm walking away from AT&T, and my iPhone just to pick this bad boy up.

Can't wait!
    03-20-10 07:19 PM
    I got one. Its an excellent piece of hardware. The battery is pretty bad, other than that its a joy for media, browsing, rss, limited flash support through skyfire and certain versions of opera mobile, the screen, the speed of the device plus loads more

Its not an iphone. That's one thing I will say, I did own an iphone for a while and got rid of it but the app selection is quite limited through the marketplace, hopefully that will change when america gets up and running with the HD2 but be warned, out of the box the app selection is limited.
    Call quality is awesome, speakerphone is quiet

03-20-10 07:31 PM
    I got one. Its an excellent piece of hardware. The battery is pretty bad, other than that its a joy for media, browsing, rss, limited flash support through skyfire and certain versions of opera mobile, the screen, the speed of the device plus loads more

Its not an iphone. That's one thing I will say, I did own an iphone for a while and got rid of it but the app selection is quite limited through the marketplace, hopefully that will change when america gets up and running with the HD2 but be warned, out of the box the app selection is limited.
    Call quality is awesome, speakerphone is quiet

How would you compare it to some of the popular touchscreen devices on other platforms?

03-22-10 01:01 PM
    I just bought it
    03-24-10 11:31 AM
    The Xperia X10 is looking like a pretty good option too if Tmobile US gets it. Then once they roll out HSPA+, you'll have 4g-ish network speeds also.

That would probably get me to ditch Sprint, especially since Tmobile is cheaper.
    03-24-10 01:29 PM
    i must say i am SO GLAD i am not using my blackberry bold 9700 anymore. the HD2 is a MUCH better phone is extremely fast. i love everything about it and the swype texting method is incredible. touch screen is great, screen resolution is incredible and it comes preloaded with transformers part 1 and part 2 the full movies on a 16gb memory card. and also might i add i get MUCH!!! more service on this phone than my bold 9700 i get 3g coverage in places where i was on SOS on my 9700
    03-25-10 01:45 PM
    So you like texting on HD2 better then 9700? Can you go into more detail on difference? Thinking about making the switch. Thanks

03-25-10 01:49 PM
    HTC showed off what seemed to be one of the few Windows Mobile devices capable of generating honest enthusiasm. The massive, full touchscreen device boasts impressive specs: a 1GHz Snapdragon CPU, a generous 4.3-inch, 800 x 480 capacitive WVGA touchscreen display, a 5 megapixel camera, GPS, and lots of other bells and whistles.
    03-30-10 06:55 AM
    I have the hd2 and man it is one bad mofo
    03-30-10 09:42 PM
    This maybe a real crazy question but I am hearing rumors that it is bbm capable. I am saying it cant be but I am hearing it in the air
    04-07-10 10:19 AM
    I just got one for my wife a week ago and it is a sweet sweet phone. It's a freakin media monster, after I was done checking it out a little while this weekend I picked up my 9700 and it felt really dull compared to the HD2....
    Last edited by LuJuCa; 04-07-10 at 10:48 AM.
    04-07-10 10:45 AM
    i love mine. way better than my storm 2

04-11-10 01:08 PM
    Poor battery life, but an outstanding phone all the way around. I use mine occasionally as something to play around with, but if there aren't any major updates and innovations with RIM and their OS then towards the end of the year my BB's will remain my business/work phones and I'll switch over fully to the HTC HD3.

(Specs on the HTC HD3 are crazy - they make the HD2 look pretty dated... I'm not entirely convinced that I like the Windows Mobile 7 interface though)
    04-11-10 06:09 PM
    i recently bought the HD2 great screen, AMAZING videos, SUPER easy to use web surfing. The down side is that texting is a pain in the ***!

The swipe mode is fancy and cool but doesnt always work right. Also I did have to reboot once already, phone just locked up on me! and one more thing, since the phone only uses a 3G signal, it drains the battery. My BB 9700 would last days without a charge!

Damn it, forgot another point. As of yet, not many programs work with HD2 such as Google Sync, which is exactly what i need to transfer over my phone numbers which I have a lot of!!

If anyone has some ideas please let me know!
    04-12-10 05:59 PM
    i recently bought the HD2 great screen, AMAZING videos, SUPER easy to use web surfing. The down side is that texting is a pain in the ***!

The swipe mode is fancy and cool but doesnt always work right. Also I did have to reboot once already, phone just locked up on me! and one more thing, since the phone only uses a 3G signal, it drains the battery. My BB 9700 would last days without a charge!

Damn it, forgot another point. As of yet, not many programs work with HD2 such as Google Sync, which is exactly what i need to transfer over my phone numbers which I have a lot of!!

If anyone has some ideas please let me know!
    Google sync works with windows mobile.. just need to set it up as your exchange account on the phone. Setting Up Your Windows Mobile Phone for Google Sync : Google Sync - Google Mobile Help
    04-12-10 07:23 PM
    Thinking of trading my n1 for the phone, need to unlock it though, how easy would that be
    04-12-10 07:45 PM
    my wife got one a week ago and it is a badass phone. only thing is like everyone said is the battery really sucks..and also BBM.. ..other then that..the browser..the function..the GUI..everything spanks the blackberry..
    04-13-10 11:33 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD