The rumored phone currently called the "dragon" maybe the phone to beat. Also rumors the VZ could get a hero version with some minor upgrades. Again rumor but we will see soon enough based on the commercials.
    10-19-09 10:31 PM
    Went and looked at the Hero today. Not impressed.

Very laggy when switching between programs and between portrait and landscape.

The virtual keyboard sucks.

Didn't get much past that. Only played with it for a couple minutes and knew it wasn't worth losing my berry over.
    I can find about 3 times as many good reviews of the keyboard as I can bad. Not sayin', just sayin'.

Can't really hold your couple minute review up against most reviews on the web.

Virtual keyboards aren't for everybody.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 11:07 PM
    Most virtual keyboards suck imo, and I've used a lot...

Even the iphone keyboard sucks as far as accuracy goes.
    10-19-09 11:12 PM
    Most virtual keyboards suck imo, and I've used a lot...

Even the iphone keyboard sucks as far as accuracy goes.
    I agree with this. I haven't found a virtual keyboard I enjoyed using. Papped, I see you are back with Sprint. I hope you find the experience more enjoyable this time, I've had nothing but amazing service with them so far!
    10-19-09 11:50 PM
    I agree with this. I haven't found a virtual keyboard I enjoyed using. Papped, I see you are back with Sprint. I hope you find the experience more enjoyable this time, I've had nothing but amazing service with them so far!
    My Tour is great so far. Only thing I'm worried about is the next time I wan't to upgrade =P.

Another sucky thing is I got un-used to the BB keyboard...Now I have to learn again.
    10-20-09 02:20 AM
    lol, ok maybe not in battery life.. i must admit my curve battery last days on end.. but who cares about battery life.. as long as i have a charge im good.. i'll rather have a better OS, and the perks anyday... BB OS is a peace of hot trash.. how many battery pulls do you do aday? No threaded SMS? Brower from the ICE AGE..all the apps are pretty much crap.. just not worth it. Only great thing about a BB is BBM and Push Email, oh yeah, and the security factory. Other than that, you may as well get a nokia 3900.
    I own a BB 8900 and I never have to do a battery pull on this bad boy. It works perfectly all the time. And battery life is not a little thing although I do agree that if I can get my phone from the time I get out of bed until the time I lay my head down, then I'm good. A lot of other phones certainly may have more bells and whistles than the Blackberries but I have yet to find one that works as reliably as my 8900. It's pretty much flawless and before you ask, NO I don't have 3G but then I don't get that where I live any way. Unlike other BB owners, I do NOT dislike WinMo phones or any other phone strictly because of their OS. I judge the overall phone by how much it does or does not annoy me in my every day dealings with it. I'm not convinced the touch screen phones would work all that great for me although I certainly see why some people like them. I may try one sometime soon but it has to offer me what I need and there aren't that many out there, perhaps the TP2. We'll see but whatever it is, it will have to go a country mile to beat my 8900 in its ability to do what I want it to do when I want it to do it.
    10-20-09 07:33 AM
    For me the OP misses the point - I arent too midful of the device spec in terms of CPU, memory, or how many megapixels it has. BBs gives true push email and I can control and secure the devices from the BES.
    10-20-09 10:31 AM
    I think Android will catch up but certainly not now. It is still needs more time to get matured OS and more apps to be able to use the full functionality..

BB is already matured but what BB needs is more up to day features just dont compete with the touch screen ,, let others do that ,, and focus on your QWERTY power RIM
    10-20-09 10:37 AM
    Touch screen was a smart move though. They will have had 2 iterations now and have most of it ironed out. That means they can also release a qwerty + touchscreen, which Palm no longer makes.
    10-20-09 01:03 PM
    I can find about 3 times as many good reviews of the keyboard as I can bad. Not sayin', just sayin'.

Can't really hold your couple minute review up against most reviews on the web.

Virtual keyboards aren't for everybody.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Understandable. I guess in a touchscreen vs touchscreen sense, maybe it is a good one. Not good enough to get rid of a physical keyboard for me though. I would have to be able to type as fast as I can on The Curve or even the Tour, and I've never found one that I can do that... to each their own!
    10-20-09 01:09 PM
    I think Android will catch up but certainly not now. It is still needs more time to get matured OS and more apps to be able to use the full functionality..

BB is already matured but what BB needs is more up to day features just dont compete with the touch screen ,, let others do that ,, and focus on your QWERTY power RIM
    I have done absolutely no checking into this, because I don't care that much, so I could be wrong... but the guy at the Sprint store yesterday said that Android already has 7500 working apps. Like I said, I have not looked into it, just what the guy said.
    10-20-09 01:11 PM
    I have done absolutely no checking into this, because I don't care that much, so I could be wrong... but the guy at the Sprint store yesterday said that Android already has 7500 working apps. Like I said, I have not looked into it, just what the guy said.
    App counts are worthless anyways and always inflated in some way. s60v3 massively dominates the app count of Android, but it doesn't really mean anything.

iPhone app count is huge, but most of them are throw away.
    10-20-09 01:50 PM
    App counts are worthless anyways and always inflated in some way. s60v3 massively dominates the app count of Android, but it doesn't really mean anything.

iPhone app count is huge, but most of them are throw away.
    They have apps for finding apps...
    10-20-09 01:54 PM
    They have apps for finding apps...
    They should have apps for trying out apps after the app finds an app, then rate the app.
    10-20-09 02:00 PM
    They should have apps for trying out apps after the app finds an app, then rate the app.
    i think there is an app you can buy to submit your suggestion for that app.
    10-20-09 02:03 PM
    Exactly why I do NOT need to get an iPhone.
    10-20-09 03:25 PM
    i think there is an app you can buy to submit your suggestion for that app.
    Man, they thought of everything... I'm going to use the app finder app to find the app that submits app suggestions.
    10-20-09 04:06 PM
    Man, they thought of everything... I'm going to use the app finder app to find the app that submits app suggestions.
    there isn't a smiley big enough for this LOL; so, ...
    10-20-09 04:37 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD