Hello,

Can someone explain me how to go about changing over from my Treo 680 to a BB 8310. I dont use email on my Treo (have been syncing all other information with Palm Desktop Software) but would like to move over all my contact information and notes and stuff. I have outlook on my PC as well if that helps anything. Is there some sort of a program? Can someone walk me through this. I really need help ASAP.
    08-01-08 08:45 AM
    Use the Device Switch Wizard in the BB Desktop Manager.

If you switch from a Palm device or a Windows Mobile powered device to a BlackBerry device, the switch device wizard is designed to import your organizer data from your current supported device to your new BlackBerry device.

If you are switching from a Palm device to a BlackBerry device, verify that your Palm device synchronizes with Palm Desktop version 4.0.1, Palm Desktop version 4.1, Palm Desktop version 4.1.4, or Palm Desktop version 6.0.1. Verify that the Palm Desktop is installed on your computer.

Before you begin: Verify that you have installed the most recent version of the BlackBerry� Desktop Software.
    Connect your current device to your computer.
    Open the BlackBerry� Desktop Manager.
    Click Switch Device Wizard.
    Click Start.
    Complete the instructions on the screen.
    08-01-08 08:57 AM
    Because I have numerous numbers under a single contact will that all transfer properly?
    Also, I am not getting my BB until Monday but am selling my Treo today, do you think I risk things getting screwed up if I do as Jhill suggested (in BB Curve forum) and sync my Palm to my Outlook and on Monday sync my Outlook to my new BB?

Thank you so much for the info, and once again I appologize for my double post! Will not happen again! You have my word!
    08-01-08 09:20 AM
    Using outlook now, then syncing when you get the BB should work just fine. And you'll love the BB vs the Treo - I know I do.
    08-01-08 09:22 AM
    I'm switching from my Treo 700p to the Blackberry Curve later today! Thanks for the great advice.
    08-01-08 09:29 AM
    can someone walk me thru this: i need to transfer my treo 680 info to my blackberry curve. palm and blackberry reps cannot help me.
    04-25-09 01:23 PM
    I have been trying for 6 hours to get my reo 680 synched to this BLackberry.The Switch wizard does not work because my Palm destop it too new. I did not have Outlook, but just dwnloaded it to help make the switch. When I was setting it up it asked for a profile name and then errored out because I don't have Windows Messagin. Now when I synch, I get the following message: The conduits were unable to attach to Outlook, possibly because the logon was canceled or otherwise failed.

Nothing gets transfrred. HELP ME PLEASE before I give up and get the Palm Pre.
    08-13-09 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD