I'm considering switching to Blackberry (maybe a Curve 8530?) from my very old Palm Treo 650. I need to transfer Calendar, Tasks and Contacts, and I have a lot of detailed information in many fields. I cannot use Outlook in any way for the transfer (my Treo won't sync with Outlook even after extensive troubleshooting).

I saw in other forums that you can use a program that comes with Blackberry, but I don't understand if it still will require Outlook. Also will that program transfer all my data from Calendar, Tasks and Contacts? If I have a problem with the transfer as some other users reported, do I have any other options?

There was one thread that mentioned exporting the data into some sort of file and then importing it into the blackberry, but how exactly do you do that?

Sorry this is so long, just trying to be thorough. Can anyone tell me how to successfully get all my info from the poor old Treo to a Blackberry without Outlook? Thanks!
    04-30-10 10:45 PM
    Your Treo doesn't have to actually sync with outlook, you can export as .csv then import to Outlook.

Transfer Palm Treo Data to Blackberry Curve ~ Turbulent Sky
    05-01-10 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD