for us sprint users here, HTC just announced the 7pro coming in the the 1h of 2011

HTC 7 Mozart and 7 Trophy set out to conquer the WP7 world, 7 Pro coming to Sprint next year -- Engadget

10-11-10 10:12 AM
    10-11-10 10:15 AM
    only trolls write "goodbye" threads. lame.
    10-11-10 10:28 AM
    I don't see a problem with this thread and certainly nothing about "goodbye". The OP simply draws attention to the future availability of yet another smartphone.
    10-11-10 10:46 AM
    I agree with Branta, there were no "goodbye cruel Rim" comments. I may someday be tempted but as time goes by I am getting pretty accomplished at bb manipulation. Good luck with any and all your choices. Don't be a stranger and keep us posted on how it goes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 12:24 PM
    I'm keenly interested in the "7" phones, too!

It might convince me to go totally into the Windows "Live" world... with the free 25gigs of cloud memory. I already have a "Live" account, but use it infrequently.

Microsoft's version of "Flickr" photo sharing looks great, and the expected tight integration with an real-deal Office suite is promising. [google docs and others just don't quite maintain the formatting of Office docs]

That said, I will not touch the Windows phones until they get a "cut and paste" feature. Man, can't believe that feature isn't there.... not sure why they can't make it happen on the first release.
    10-11-10 07:26 PM
    There are reports that WP7 will receive an update early on to integrate cut and paste. I think the platform is definitely interesting. But I have yet to see anything that will make me want to leave BlackBerry smartphones. I still see a big problem with all of these devices that do so much. They don't last. Specs are great in every area except battery. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to buy a smartphone that does everything if it will only do it for a few hours. Until they make one of these devices that supposedly does everything and has a battery that lasts a work day without having to put a huge extended battery on it then I will consider them. But that's not the case as of yet. And not only that, BBs still meets my needs.

10-12-10 12:35 AM
    It looks like HTC borrowed heavily from the N97. not a bad looking phone though. Much prefer portrait keyboards but otherwise, not bad. I'll have to try the OS before I give my final opinion on how useful tiles are.
    10-12-10 04:57 AM
    only trolls write "goodbye" threads. lame.
    Why is it "goodbye BB, hello 7PRO" when he isn't even a BB owner?
    It's my understanding that none of the Window phones announced are going to Verizon...is Verizon not interested in selling Windows 7? IMHO, I am just not interested in it right now. The main screen looks old fashion and they have no multi-tasking - can't listen to Slacker while doing other things according to PC Mag or something I read today.
    10-12-10 10:00 PM
    It's my understanding that none of the Window phones announced are going to Verizon...is Verizon not interested in selling Windows 7? IMHO, I am just not interested in it right now. The main screen looks old fashion and they have no multi-tasking - can't listen to Slacker while doing other things according to PC Mag or something I read today.
    MSFT is anti-third party musics on WP7.. they wanted you to use zune and buy their musics from zune..
    10-12-10 10:43 PM
    WP7 is being released on GSM networks first. CDMA networks will get them next year. I think that WP7 wanted to address the business travelers first. The multitasking and other features will be coming shortly after release. I read this somewhere.

10-14-10 04:38 AM
    WP7 is being released on GSM networks first. CDMA networks will get them next year. I think that WP7 wanted to address the business travelers first. The multitasking and other features will be coming shortly after release. I read this somewhere.

What I don't understand is...WP7 has taken its good old time in being released, and with the iPhone/Android competition out there, one would think this would be a "super" O/S, yet the screen shots I've seen looks like it's from the 80's and they don't even have multi-tasking and only 512 memory? It just seems like they would have wanted to "hit the floor running," but it seems to me, other than the fast processor, they really offer nothing exciting; yet many people seem excited about it?
    10-14-10 06:49 AM
    There are reports that WP7 will receive an update early on to integrate cut and paste.
    Not to s*** in anyone's cornflakes, but practically everyone says this, then they take a year+ to do it...
    10-14-10 01:35 PM
    What I don't understand is...WP7 has taken its good old time in being released, and with the iPhone/Android competition out there, one would think this would be a "super" O/S, yet the screen shots I've seen looks like it's from the 80's and they don't even have multi-tasking and only 512 memory? It just seems like they would have wanted to "hit the floor running," but it seems to me, other than the fast processor, they really offer nothing exciting; yet many people seem excited about it?
    They went the iphone route, only more extreme. They axed the real multitasking to do this hardcore gaming stuff (which is a mistake imo for the general crowd...). Which is why some of these games take minutes to load and axe multitasking...

Look at the top selling games for iphone. They are consistently stuff like angry birds, tetris, etc. Hardcore graphics doesn't sell as much as simple gameplay.
    10-14-10 01:37 PM
    that dell venue pro looks pretty amazing in build quality. personally, i like a bit of luxury on my phones, and it saddens me that blackberry doesn't offer a metal/glass solution.

i will either be looking into the htc mozart or dell venue pro. my perfect phone would be the venue pro without a physical keyboard, but we can't have everything i guess.

in blackberry's defense, i mainly use my phones for "fun": texting/reading e-mail/surfing the web, so i won't really be missing the more corporate oriented features of the bb.
    10-16-10 02:24 PM
    Not to s*** in anyone's cornflakes, but practically everyone says this, then they take a year+ to do it...
    it was said during the live conference that Wm7 will receive and update early 2011 with copy and paste.
    10-16-10 02:58 PM
    in blackberry's defense, i mainly use my phones for "fun": texting/reading e-mail/surfing the web, so i won't really be missing the more corporate oriented features of the bb.
    2/3 things that you listed blackberry does very well, and with OS6 web browsing works quite well... #justsayin...
    10-18-10 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD