I managed to slip and wack my head on ice a bit ago resulting in my storms screen cracking in half. I feel like I want to try a new phone. I have narrowed it down to the 2 in the title. What are your opinions?

Can the touch pro 2 be upgraded to win mobile 6.5 and how hard is it? How is the browser, what are the cons about it? Can it play flash?

How is the droid? I felt the keyboard once and didnt really care for it. it was small and felt cheap. Any cons about the droid? how is the browser and flash support?

Do you guys have any other recommendations? I was also looking at the devour and palm pre plus. Any suggestions or other help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    02-19-10 12:01 AM
    I can upgrade in about a month. I'm getting the Touch Pro 2. The key board is the biggest thing I look at. I have read all the reviews and found the TP2 beats the Droid in just about all things that mean a lot to me. If you go to you tube there is a bunch of video reviews you can watch. I hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 07:15 AM
    I noticed how much bigger and more responsive the tp2 looked and felt. Any idea how the browsers match up nd the whole app catalog?

I am sick of full tuch screen. I need physical buttons but dont want to give up the decent amount of apps I had on my storm. (jivetalk, viigo, etc)
    02-19-10 07:46 AM
    I have the TP2. Yes, it can be upgraded to 6.5 very easily. I would just do it before I actually started using the phone. Best keyboard of any phone I have ever used. Battery life is worse than the Storm. So many apps its overwhelming. I use the SPB Mobile Shell and it really makes the phone. I find that a WinMo phone is a good phone for geeks and hackers.

2 Buddies have the Droid. Bad keyboard. Better battery life. Good app store. Lots more apps that I would have thought not longer than its been out. Overall a slicker operating system than WinMo. Simpler and rock solid.

Go to ppcgeeks to get good info on WinMo.
    02-19-10 08:51 AM
    Voice on the Droid is slightly better than the TP2. Keyboard on the TP2 is the best I've used (I've used the Droid at the store, had the Tour and Pearl).

If you need to sync with Outlook, I know the TP2 has no issues with it. Droid, I'm not sure. If memory serves, you have to sync it with Gmail/Google contacts or some such in order sync contacts with Android.
    02-20-10 01:17 PM
    Couldn't pay me to use anything WinMo (besides Seven Series). The Droid is an incredible device. Android is extremely customizable, even without hacking. If you want to hack it, it's a whole new world. I am currently running at 1.2GHz and the stock clock speed is 550MHz. The device is a beast. Yes the physical keyboard is not the greatest, but I honestly have no problems with it, and never did. I type as fast on this keyboard as I do on my 9000.

I really would not call Android simpler than WinMo. Linux is a whole different animal. The OS is just better than anything MS has out right now (we'll see what Seven Series brings).
    02-20-10 01:48 PM
    i have an unlocked tp2 from srint & i'm using it on t-mobile. to be honest i've used a lot of winmo phones & 6.5 isn't that bad. i haven't noticed any lag or bugs. using 6.5 pro is a lot different then 6.1 standerd but i like it a lot. i know you can use android on the tp2 but i haven't had much success doing it for some reason.
    02-23-10 01:32 PM
    never mind that last post. i just got android 2.0.1 eclair up & running.
    02-23-10 03:38 PM
    I really like both devices. However, I would go with the Droid becsuse of the operating system. I love everything Google and it integrates completely with the Droid. I do like the keyboard of the TP2, but I think the Droid is better in every other way.

03-13-10 10:49 PM
    I went to the Verizon store again last night and was messing around with both phones. The Moto Droid has a very good OS, a crappy key board and apps out the wazzu. The TP2 has a good OS, enough apps to keeps you busy (for now) and a awesome key board. The way some developers are comeing out with things like now you can put the Droid OS on the TP2. Pretty cool. When they finally get that straightened out it will be great. All the apps from Android Market on the TP2. So the way I'm looking at this is. I can get the TP2 with a great key board and wait awhile for the Droid OS. Or I can get the Moto Droid, have all the apps I want but, still have a crappy key board. I think I will have the TP2.

03-23-10 05:46 AM
    I would wait and listen for the announcement of the supersonic. Phone looks like an htc hd2 with android. So basically perfect. At least from what I remember it is verizon.

03-23-10 02:05 PM
    I would wait and listen for the announcement of the supersonic. Phone looks like an htc hd2 with android. So basically perfect. At least from what I remember it is verizon.

That's a Sprint phone. I'd go with the droid if you're looking to upgrade now.
    03-23-10 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD