What do you think? At first I was thinking that the current iPhone owners were now SOL when it came to reselling our iPhones since the new 3g was so cheap. BUT, now that apple has setup all these rules and made it damn near impossible to get the new one out of contract, I am thinking that the current iPhones will still hold a good resale value. What do you think? Since they are the only ones out there that can be obtained for other carriers...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-08 01:21 PM
    They should hold value, at least for the first year or so. By then, everyone will be eligible and you won't be able to get much for them. Also, some may not want to pay the new data plan for whatever reason. Regardless, you'll have a decent resale price for a little while.
    06-10-08 01:39 PM
    At&t set the rules, not Apple.
    06-10-08 02:07 PM
    They should hold value, at least for the first year or so. By then, everyone will be eligible and you won't be able to get much for them. Also, some may not want to pay the new data plan for whatever reason. Regardless, you'll have a decent resale price for a little while.
    The OP... I believe he was referring to having to go through the small tethering process in store, for in-store activation only.

I do believe they will hold it's value somewhat, at least if it's unlocked.
    06-10-08 04:00 PM
    I think they will hold their value for a little while even after the 2nd gen version is released. Just because of the cheaper data service.
    06-26-08 10:38 AM
    i sold my 8GB unlocked for $585 on ebay, and paid $400 back in January. i'm looking to sell my 16GB soon. it's unlocked and jailbroken also, so maybe i'll luck up. i bought it for $350 so i know i'll def be able to get that back
    06-26-08 02:28 PM
    if you unlock them they are worth $4-500
    07-14-08 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD