Ok so my sister sister cracked the screen on her iphone 8gb and bought a curve . She gave me her iphone and i want to use it untill the bold comes out. apple is charging 199 to replace the phone, which im not going to do. I am going to attempt to replace the screen myself and unlock it.

The phone works like new even with the cracked screen. My question is this, do i need to replace the screen w/ the digitizer or just the glass screen. When i search for the replacement part on ebay, online etc, I see two options..just the screen for like 9.99 plus shipping..or the screen and digitzer for $100.00 +. What do i need to replace? Can anyone can chime in and give me some answers. I would be greatly appreciated..I wish the bold would just release already!!.

Thanks
    08-02-08 05:20 PM
    If the digitizer is busted you'll see a liquid mess and or design on the screen. If the screen is still perfectly clear and every area of the screen is responding correctly to your touch than you just need a new screen. There is a risk of cracking it in replacing the screen though so be extra gentle since the digitizer is the weakest part of a touch screen.
    08-03-08 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD