Looking for a semi-smartphone for my wife. She really likes to have the clamshell type of phone. We need something that has a decent calendar application built in so we can sync with google calendar. I like the BB Pearl flip, but she doesn't use the phone very often so I can't justify spending $30 for a BB plan for her. Any suggestions?
    07-10-09 12:52 PM
    I think on a BB dedicated site the only answer you would get is the pearl flip. Tou could look at the TM-506 if you have tmobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 01:46 AM
    Or the pn820 from Verizon. Have fun scouring eBay for one of those.

07-13-09 04:26 PM
    The Imate Star Trek is a WinMo flip phone...also known as the Cingular 3125... (sorry, I didn't pay attention to what carrier you're on). Uses an older version of WinMo, and only EDGE speed, but should be plenty of phone for the wife, and they can still be found new for $100 or less...
    07-13-09 06:08 PM
    Or the pn820 from Verizon. Have fun scouring eBay for one of those.

Wouldn't that still need a data plan to sync with Google calendar, since it lacks wifi?
    07-21-09 09:15 PM
    you could use it pay as you go, but i wouldnt. id try to do a local sync via active sync.

or just pay for the data plan and get the pearl flip haha
    07-24-09 11:08 AM
    Most phones these days have a decent calender built into them. No point in getting a full blown smartphone just to have a calendar. But these days the pearl flip is pretty much the only flip that is worth, well, a flip.
    07-24-09 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD