Has anyone used the BlackJack with the VPN software? I was trying it the other day, and for love or money I could not get it connected...

I wonder if it's because it was trying to connect toa Cisco Concentrator? Might need a patch or something on the concentrator...
    03-11-07 10:28 PM
    I hope you washed your hands afterwards!
    03-12-07 04:20 AM
    Some crazy person bought this unit, without asking I.T. if they could connect it to our Exchange and VPN, first.

Oh well, their loss...
    03-12-07 04:34 AM
    Anyone have one of these, that they can test with? I know, it's a shot in the dark...
    03-22-07 11:27 AM
    I wish someone would sponsor me with devices, then I could test them, and give a mini-review...
    03-23-07 09:56 AM
    Don't we all wish for that... and an unlimited wireless plan to go along with it including every possible feature and add-on imaginable.
    03-23-07 02:35 PM
    I know, am in dreamland, here...
    03-23-07 02:40 PM
    ......still waiting for the dream bubble....Someone will cone along an pop it....by just saying Windows Mobile!
    03-23-07 03:14 PM
    now to answer the original question "Has anyone used the BlackJack with the VPN software?"....Yes I have. In fact I'm in a hotel right now connected to the internet via the Blackjack. Here's how.

My laptop has Bluetooth and it's connected to the Blackjack. A USB cable works too but BT is just one less cable to loose.

On tne Blackjack, start the file explorer application and go to the \windows directory. Look for the shortcut called Internet Sharing. Run the. Make sure that the PC connection field is set to whatever method you choose to connect your laptop to the Blackjack (USB or BT). Clicking the left soft key will allow you to share the Blackjack's internet connection with your laptop.

and voila....you're online.

Hope this helps Oh BTW, if you're using 3G, the voice portion will still work (i,e. you can be talking AND online at the same time). This is really cool.
    05-16-07 12:08 AM
    and I forgot to add, once connected to the internet I can use Cisco VPN into my employer's network and work like normal. No special configuration needed.

and for those who are wondering why a Blackjack user is on a Blackberry forum, I used to be a crackberry addict till my previous employer got bought and the new employer doesn't allow Blackberry thus forced to use the next best that I've found (i.e. Blackjack).
    05-16-07 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD