HTC gives a better variety of phones. I'm sure if they had their own OS, it'd be more dependable. But even now, you can't really just dismiss them cause most of their phones use "WinMo" with Android now on the market.
    They are making their own UI for android and winmo I beleive.
    07-23-09 07:35 PM
    You never want to dismiss WM phones due to stock roms anyways...

That's the beauty of WM, everything can be changed.
    07-23-09 08:40 PM
    The few things I complaint about HTC, I had, HTC 6700, HTC touch pro before i went back to BB
    1) battery - no way i can last a full day
    2) gets hot pretty fast
    3) a brick!
    07-26-09 05:21 PM
    I had a HTC Touch Pro from Sprint. I was getting tired of Windows Mobile and its quirks. The previous phone that I had before that, was a Moto Q. Both phones I purchased through Sprint.

I bought the HTC Touch Pro because my Moto Q was breaking down and was ready to pull the plug so I did. Bought the phone in Jan of this year. I liked to the phone alot from the get go.

As I started using it more and more. It got more annoying. The time I put into this phone trying to tweak the **** out of it, messing with the Registry is way too much work. After all that, I still was not satisfied. I kept telling myself, a phone is a phone.

Then one day I decided to open a 2nd line and try out the new Blackberry Curve. I fell in love with it. I was playing with the Curve more than I was with the HTC Touch Pro. Checking email is easier... surfing the net. The apps on the Curve were so much friendlier than the HTC Touch Pro.

I started some threads on other Sprint sites, asking people, if they have made a switch to the from Windows Mobile to Blackberry and never looked back. Many of them came from HTC Touch Pros and Moguls. That gave me confidence of possibly ditching the HTC Touch Pro and buying a brand new Blackberry Tour.

Last weekend, ordered the Blackberry Tour, arrived on Tuesday, sold my HTC Touch Pro on Thursday. I love this phone! I can't say that about the HTC Touch Pro. Having said that, I used the HTC Touch Pro for over 7 months. I wanted to also ditch this phone because the HTC Touch Pro 2 is coming out soon and that the orignal TP's selling price will go down.

It couldn't have worked out perfect. I love this phone, like I said before, and I was afraid that I was going to look back, and I have not even thought twice about going back. Like everyone said, once you go black, you never go back! I can't put my Blackberry down!
    07-27-09 03:12 PM
    like i said in my previous post, i had an htc touch and hated it. probably because it was really outdated and hard to type on. i'm reaaaaally glad i got the blackberry.
    07-27-09 05:48 PM
    TP2 is supposed to have one of the best keyboards.

But yeah, you still have to deal with the WM issues. But that's what custom roms are for. If you want something you don't have to tweak, stick with a BB. If you want a ton of apps installed though most other platforms handle that much better, since they allow installation to microsd.

If you want push email without having to deal with things like imap idle (massive battery drain and only works on imap accounts), EAS (requires an exchange server), or other workarouns (Seven beta, etc. They have their limitations too), go with BB again. Then again BIS has it's own limitations. Generally speaking it works better than the alternatives though in most cases. The Nokia default email client is terrible, so be prepared to get Nokia Email or buy a 3rd party email client if you are serious about using email.
    Last edited by papped; 07-27-09 at 06:51 PM.
    07-27-09 06:48 PM
    @baldyguy

I'm feelin u man!
    07-29-09 07:15 AM
    i've seen the demos of the new touchflo2.5 interface and they've completely skinned it to where you don't exit its GUI. If only WM didn't limit it to 65k colors and a resistive touch screen, i may consider one of their devices.
    07-29-09 12:10 PM
    The HTC is an inferior device.
    07-29-09 03:21 PM
    Well to be honest, you are either a fan of the operating system or not. Most BB users WILL NOT touch a Windows phone and vice versa. Keyword *most*.

I, too, was comparing a BB to an HTC. I played with both of them and I couldn't stand the Windows software or the way the phone operated. It really boils down to preferance. What can/can't you live without?

Make sure to play with both phones to see which one is for you. That will answer your question....well for me it did!
    07-31-09 12:19 PM
    Hi Guys I just went from having a BlackBerry Pearl to a HTC Touch Pro I did like it at first than a couple of weeks of having I found it was a big inconvienience Windows ran slow on it granted it has more memory and WiFi and other stuff and all but it also dropped alot of calls and keyboard contiuned to get squirlly on me alot and to do alot of reseting and rebooting. With that said I went just a couple of days ago and opened up another line and got me a 8330 Titanium Curve glad I did!!! Man when it got in my hands and started using it I was like a little kid at Christmas time!!! So I am stoked to have another BlackBerry also the fact that they have been around awhile. So I am staying with BlackBerry from now on!!! I learned my lesson!!! I most likely will never touch or own another Windows device!!!
    08-05-09 02:44 AM
    I went from htc winmo device which I liked a lot to a Bold which I like a whole lot more. Only plus for HTC was app install on mem card. Bold is faster, great qwerty keybord, better screen and call quality. Winmo device had numerous crashes and freezes compared to virtually none for Bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 03:04 AM
    The one thing I don't like about BB's is the OS. It seems rather dated, especially the font. I currently own a new HTC Snap, and by far is the fastest WinMo device and in fact, doesn't even feel like WinMo. I love it.
    08-05-09 07:18 AM
    To be fair the WM os is extremely dated in terms of it's gui.

You basically have to install a shell for every single portion of it to fix it.
    08-05-09 12:50 PM
    To be fair the WM os is extremely dated in terms of it's gui.

You basically have to install a shell for every single portion of it to fix it.
    But they use a "skin" on a lot of current phones to make them feel up to date

As far as it being buggy and laggy, not with all their phones. My Snap is kicking just fine without any 3rd party installations and has not froze up. I haven't had to do battery pulls or any resets. I'm even running IE
    08-07-09 11:09 AM
    can somebody who has used both devices already post a brief description of what he this to be bether on the blackberry and what is bether on the HTC telephone? i'm so curious to see them compared
    I've used an htc tilt and the fuze and now I have a blackberry bold the fuzes color is better the camera is better and the fact u can use video while on the fuze is cool bberry offers more apps but personally I'm not impressed with my bold I wish I wouldve kept my fuze even though the signal is weaker atleast I never dropped calls

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 11:20 AM
    Selling my 8900 to my female friend to get the HTC Touch Pro2 when it drops. Can't wait!!!

I wasn't going to do it because I love my 8900! HTC you could do anything and it does everything so why not. I like phones where their is no limit to them. Anyway, I have 14 days before I make my final decision after I get it so on the 13th day I will make my final decision. I had the Wing and it wasn't so bad, I just hate the freezing when the screen had to rotate. Other then that I liked it. Lol

TP2 the screen rotates so smooth when you flip out the keyboard.
    Last edited by HeavyComponent; 08-07-09 at 07:43 PM.
    08-07-09 07:40 PM
    Never tried HTC. I used a Blackberry one day and that was it!
    08-07-09 10:44 PM
118 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD