Hi I have a BlackBerry 8100 and about to get a G1 just wondering if a G1 is better or a BlackBerry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 03:17 PM
    If you are comparing the 8100 to a G1, I would say the G1 wins. If you are comparing another model like the 8320, or 9000 to the G1, I think BB wins.
    01-04-09 03:22 PM
    Hi I have a BlackBerry 8100 and about to get a G1 just wondering if a G1 is better or a BlackBerry?

I would say it's preference... But, the 8100? That one is terrible. I know, it's the one I have/had. G1 is consistently rated extremely high, the only BB I would say competes is the Bold.
    01-04-09 04:22 PM
    Thank You All, I was thinking the same thing just needed to know if other people agree.

01-04-09 05:21 PM
    I think the problem is, the perl is the cut down version of the BB and the G1 is the flagship Android phone so it's a somewhat unfair comparison.

Compare the G1 to the storm/bold/new curve.

The other problem is, if you get the G1 you will instantly become a social outcast. No BB pin messages, no crackberry and you will have to become a uber geek and talk incessantly about linux, open source and things people in the real world don't want to hear about.

Getting a G1 over a Blackberry is a slippery slope! I tell ya!
    01-04-09 05:25 PM
    I think the problem is, the perl is the cut down version of the BB and the G1 is the flagship Android phone so it's a somewhat unfair comparison.

Compare the G1 to the storm/bold/new curve.
    Basically what I said...

Getting a G1 over a Blackberry is a slippery slope! I tell ya!
    Yeah right... How many real world people use PIN messaging? None that I know. How many people can understand open source meaning anyone can develop application and publish them? How many people can associate with the brand name Google? G1 is less nerdy than a Blackberry.
    01-04-09 07:54 PM
    Basically what I said...

Yeah right... How many real world people use PIN messaging? None that I know. How many people can understand open source meaning anyone can develop application and publish them? How many people can associate with the brand name Google? G1 is less nerdy than a Blackberry.
    Did your sense of humor just fail?

A quick watch of this video should cure that;
    01-05-09 01:19 AM
    Did your sense of humor just fail?

A quick watch of this video should cure that;
    I guess with the way people are about blackerry's here (it is a blackberry forum after all) I just thought you were being serious.
    01-07-09 12:48 PM
    No, I'm not serious too often, it's no good for me!

Thanks for being decent anyway chap.
    01-07-09 01:22 PM
    Unless you have a need for a G1 (ie: you are an Android developer and need one for app testing), or you are just into stuff like that, most of the G1s features will either be pointless or less than ideal. It's a proof of concept device more than anything.
    01-13-09 02:53 AM
    Unless you have a need for a G1 (ie: you are an Android developer and need one for app testing), or you are just into stuff like that, most of the G1s features will either be pointless or less than ideal. It's a proof of concept device more than anything.
    Yes, because a GPS and the ability to do location based price checking are not useful at all.
    01-13-09 10:26 AM
    InsightGoalie wins that round. LOL

01-13-09 02:58 PM
    InsightGoalie wins that round. LOL

Well, seriously... Comparing the 8100 to the G1 and he says there is no advantage for the G1 over the 8100? Really?
    01-13-09 08:59 PM
    I LOVE my G1. I say get it. I love shopSavvy and Shazaam...Just to name 2 of the wonderful things on it. There is a lot more I love about it though. Shopsavvy is amazing though. We saved over 200 dollars on our television by using shopsavvy!
    01-16-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD