As some of you may have read, my friend dropped and terminally broke his (my old) 7250. He's torn between picking up another 7250 but he's also seen the 7750 on eBay, which doesn't look quite so wide (one of his biggest gripes about the 7250 was how wide it was...)

I have decided to ask the experts... What do you guys/gals think of the 7750 -vs 7250?

Thanks in advance!
    02-25-09 12:11 AM
    Just curious why not a newer model?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 01:32 AM
    Totally valid question.

He's too cheap. I told him that Telus would probably give him a Curve for $0 but he's not really using the data portion of it; its basically just a cell / pda for him. If he took advantage of the free Curve they'd make him sign up for data as well (they did that for me anyways...).

IMHO, that wouldn't be a bad thing, but to each their own I guess...
    02-25-09 04:11 PM
    Yea i mean i dont know what you can get either of the above devices for but you can find some really good prices on newer devices on Ebay. I would recommend an 87xx series which you can pick up for about 75 bucks practically brand new. With the amount of newer devices out on the market i dont think id go back to a 7 series at all. Just my opinion, but if i was going to choose i would take the 7750.
    02-25-09 04:15 PM
    He's looking to pay about $40-ish shipped, and to prevent people from buying phones on eBay they will not allow any non-Telus phones on their network, so he has to buy a Telus-branded phone.

I've spoken to him til I'm blue in the face... sometimes when I think I've almost got him convinced he starts going on about how much more he will have to pay in the long run because of the necessary data plan. No amount of 'look what I can do with mine' seems to be enough so I've stopped trying now...

I have convinced my father-in-law, my fiance, one of my other friends, almost convinced my boss and my brother-in-law all to get Blackberries because of my enthusiasm for them, and all but one got a Curve. (I should talk to RIM or Telus about a sales position haha!)

Thanks for advice on the 7750. I'll pass it on...
    02-25-09 05:08 PM
    this is what I'd do! Get the data plan for a month then cancel! I don't know why the dealer hasn't told him this! They never contract data plans!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 01:46 AM
    yes try it for a month
    03-28-09 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD