I made the jump to WinMo from BB, Tour to an HTC Ozone. Anyone else do the same, or jump to a similar phone? I am not sure how I am liking it so far.
    01-18-10 06:09 PM
    Why an Ozone? I heard its good but such a basic phone. There's better WinMo phones out there.
    01-19-10 07:47 AM
    You've run into the basic dilemma of the switch from BlackBerry to another platform. I'm sure you're getting tense with all of the extra steps required to get anything done. I've seen what my friends go through on their WinMo devices, and I know I can send 3 messages in the time it takes them to get one done. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 07:56 AM
    Why an Ozone? I heard its good but such a basic phone. There's better WinMo phones out there.
    It really came down to money to be honest, and I am not a fan of touch screens. Eliminate those two things, and you are limited. The Ozone fits my needs and budget.

As for the speed of doing things, I finding that my typing is on par with my BB. As for the other stuff, it is just a matter of time before I learn the ins and outs of it. I am not sure what other steps you are talking about?
    01-19-10 09:21 AM
    I have been using my tour for a couple of months now and a few weeks back I wanted to try a windows mobile phone so I traded my old storm1 for the touch pro and used it for about 3 weeks or so and I honestly hated it. I did like how fast the internet browsing was but that's it. If the touch pro had been my first smart phone I'm sure I would have loved it but I think of it now as a downgrade to go from blackberry to windows mobile

01-22-10 10:08 AM
    I just went from a bb to a winmo phone. I have done it a few times. I got the Omnia ll. I am loving it. Had it about 2 weeks now. I could go back to a bb but I am over them. At least until they revamp. To the person who tried a touch pro, if it was the original one then they suck. Try a newer winmo phone. Like an Imagio or Omnia ll or something.

01-22-10 10:48 AM
    I ended up going back to my Storm. I couldn't stand several things about Windows Mobile. I don't know if it was the phone, or the OS. I know that there are hacks and cooked ROMS and ton of stuff, but I really didn't want to have to start hacking the H E double hockey sticks is filtered out? out of a brand new phone.
    01-22-10 05:22 PM
    I ended up going back to my Storm. I couldn't stand several things about Windows Mobile. I don't know if it was the phone, or the OS. I know that there are hacks and cooked ROMS and ton of stuff, but I really didn't want to have to start hacking the H E double hockey sticks is filtered out? out of a brand new phone.
    Bottom line is if you aren't willing to hack and customize the crap out of WM, don't bother going there in the first place

It's pointless unless you are willing to do so. Also, don't buy older WM phones.
    01-22-10 05:47 PM
    I agree with Papped. I went from the 8130 [the Tour and returned it in August] to Touch Pro 2: what an improvement in screen size and a great keyboard. I had to install SPB Mobile Shell because Touch Flo UI drove me nuts... I literally got rid of it within the hour of using the phone. This is my first WinMo phone, but I did plenty of research on WinMo prior to getting the phone, so I wasn't too surprised when I got it.

I also installed a few cabs from PPCGeeks that makes the phone more usable and voila! I love the phone. The touch screen took a little to get used to but I'm not unhappy about switching to WinMo. It does everything I need it to do and more compared to the Pearl.

PS - I'm still using stock OS 6.1 and I'm happy with the conservative tweaks. No fancy cooked ROMs... the furthest I got was installing stock WinMo 6.5, not liking it and going back to 6.1. Maybe one day in the future I may venture out to cooked ROMs, but not right now.
    Last edited by sunNsnow; 01-22-10 at 07:10 PM.
    01-22-10 07:06 PM
    I like the HTC Ozone. It kind of reminds me of a BB. I didn't have too many problems with WindowsMobile devices. But after going to a BB, I'm not sure if I can go back to a WindowsMobile device. I am reluctant to switch to any other platform. I know that a lot of people think that the BB OS is archaic and boring. But it is really fast and smart. I haven't seen or used an OS that was as polished as the BB OS. I love it and because I have used BBs for so long I know just about all of the ins and outs of the device. One of the things that I didn't like about WindowsMobile was that the OS would lag and crash a lot.

01-22-10 08:45 PM
    I switched to the ozone from my blackberry curve...and to be honest its annoying the crap oughta me! Should have never left!
    01-23-10 09:31 PM
    Switched back to my curve last night and gave the ozone to my husband. Internet was way to slow for my liking on the ozone! My husband doesn't do much browsing so it will be great for him!

01-24-10 11:26 AM
    The Ozone is actually Rev A and the Curve is Rev 0, so the Ozone should be a bit faster.
    01-24-10 01:35 PM
    The Ozone is actually Rev A and the Curve is Rev 0, so the Ozone should be a bit faster.
    Shouldn't be that noticeable really, especially with mobile browsing. Most of the benefit from revA is on the upstream bandwidth, not the downstream.
    01-26-10 12:47 PM
    Moving from a Storm to an HTC HD2 as sson as T-Mobile releases it. The only thing that I will miss is Blackberry Messenger.
    01-28-10 05:22 AM
    try out hte winmo 6.5 and 6.5.3 roms!

my Touch Diamond came with win6.1 and this new rom from ppcgeeks is amazing. winmo 6.5.3 is still laggy at times, but has lots of flash and pizazz to try and make up for it =P

im still waiting for the Tour 2, but if it has the same processor/flash memory as Tour 1 i may hold out and try out the Supersonic if it gets released, got til April 1st for my rebate anyways.
    02-20-10 03:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD