Yes I know they are crap but my wife needs it for nursing school.

Anyway it keeps turning itself off and then when she turns it on it will freeze up and then turn back on again. This just started happening. Any ideas on what is wrong and how to fix it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-08 01:52 PM
    My sure all data is synced on your desktop. Then perform a hard reset which will wipe the phone clean. Sync phone again and that might fix. You might have re-install each program one at a time to determine the culprit. Hope that help.
    06-05-08 01:59 PM
    Here's a link with instructions for resetting:
    Resetting your device (Soft, System/Warm, Hard, In-Cradle, Power Down, Battery Disconnect, Zero Out)
    06-05-08 02:03 PM
    There are a few KB articles about the rebooting issue, I had a Treo 700w, 700p and XV6700 last year. The 700P was the best performing POS Treo but the OS is way too long in the tooth. She could have a defective unit so if its nearing warranty time or if she has insurance its time to get a new one.
    06-06-08 09:40 PM
    What you're saying is happening is typical when there is a corruption from some application not installing properly, a defective unit, system software finagled, or it can't read a startup file that may be on the SD card.

1) remove the SD card and try to boot up.

2) Remove the battery, keep it out for a good 30 seconds, try to boot up.

If these don't, you may need to perform a hard reset. Do a search for doing so (typical it's push in the pen into the pin, hold down the "up" key for the 5 way button after putting the battery back in until you see the palm logo and start to load. You'll then get an option to delete all data. Do it. If that doesn't allow the unit to startup, it's defective.
    06-06-08 09:51 PM
    you sure it's a 700P
    I know the 650's with SIM card did that, it's the SIM tray, there was once upon a time that Palm would send you a revised one (SIM card tray) so the phone wouldn't do exactly as you were saying
    06-07-08 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD