I have had my 8830 for a year now and I would be just fine if it wasnt for the Bold, Storm, and new Curve, but if I had to my 8830 can be a 2 year phone, like an Iphone is a 2year plus phone. What do you think? Can the Pre be your 2year phone?
    04-05-09 07:23 AM
    every1 falls in love with a phone thats not released....
    04-05-09 11:47 AM
    I wouldnt buy it-
    04-05-09 01:23 PM
    I would have to test drive one for a bit before I could make that assumption.
    04-05-09 01:35 PM
    When I saw the Iphone for the first time I was like "Wow" it did almost everything I wanted in a phone and if I had one I would have had that phone for atleast 2 years when my contract was up, you cant downgrade from something like an Iphone
    04-05-09 10:51 PM
    Well I am hoping my curve will be my first 1 year phone, lol
    I don't think I have ever had a phone for over 1 year, lol
    I think this phone will keep me occupied for a bit longer.
    I guess I will hold out with this solid device and see what quirks they work out and see how good the niagra or pre will be when running reliable os's

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 11:07 PM
    At this rate, the Pre won't be out for two years.
    04-05-09 11:34 PM
    No it should be out soon. Sprint would like to try to take some suscribers in before the new iphone is released and palm REALLY!!!!! Needs this phone soon and to do well.
    I honestly think their livelyhood relies on this one device

04-06-09 12:46 AM
    it will def be out in june. My district rep contacted me about the pre and said that i would be getting one a couple weeks befor they are released so as soon as i get ahold of it i will be posting about it so you all can get insider info about it from a tried and true blackberry user! im in love w my bb but willing to try the pre if its free to me and getting it a bit befor they are released will make it worth switching for a lil while, but im sure i will end up sticking to my bb.
    04-06-09 11:19 AM
    it will def be out in june. My district rep contacted me about the pre and said that i would be getting one a couple weeks befor they are released so as soon as i get ahold of it i will be posting about it so you all can get insider info about it from a tried and true blackberry user! im in love w my bb but willing to try the pre if its free to me and getting it a bit befor they are released will make it worth switching for a lil while, but im sure i will end up sticking to my bb.
    wel especially since the sprint niagra should be out not long after the pre.
    hopefully
    04-06-09 03:59 PM
    Will have my 8330 1 year then upgrade to 9630 !!

04-06-09 04:14 PM
    I'm jumping ship - mainly because of the Pre's browser. The browser on my Blackberry Curve is just awful.
    04-06-09 04:16 PM
    i would not owen anything palm there just not worth it and there a pain to trouble shot hints the ats part of my name
    04-06-09 04:20 PM
    Nope. It's a Palm. It won't be the phone I have for 2 minutes, let alone 2 years...

04-06-09 11:52 PM
    I better be out soon because my curve is a cheap piece of crap. Sorry everyone. The software is great but the build is a joke. Dust behind the screen, what kind of high end phone gets dust behind the screen. Headphone jack doesn't work anymore,that really pisses me off.

04-07-09 05:04 AM
    Palm is ugly, in general. Ever since I bought my BlackBerry, I've been sold on BlackBerry, and I am not going to switch just because it's a Palm. The new Palm looks like a G1 knockoff. Stay away.
    04-07-09 08:00 AM
    I think the Pre will be like the IPhone! A phone for ppl who like the looks of touch screen! I personally think that a Berry is more stable! I think touch screen is for kids! It looks like it more that just play! But u gotta remember like they say is PALM! I love my Berry! Its like my second baby! When the niagara comes out I will upgrade a few months after so they can work the kinks out! But Berry is the way to go!!
    04-07-09 08:31 AM
    I just hope that RIM keeps working on the Storm, improve to UI and all the other things that might be wrong with and they will be right in there as far as touchscreen goes, just dont do it like Samsung does it every minute Samsung has a phone, the Storm can be a 2 year phone untill it outdated, personally I think the Storm should be a little bigger
    04-07-09 02:55 PM
    I'm not into the whole WinMo OS. I came from the nextel i930, windows mobile 2003 and hated it. That was a one year phone for me. I believe my 8350i is going to be my two year phone unless they release a phone with sprint 3g and nextel direct connect. although, I am biased, I will still check out the pre to see the hype. You never know!

04-07-09 07:59 PM
    I think the Pre will be like the IPhone! A phone for ppl who like the looks of touch screen! I personally think that a Berry is more stable! I think touch screen is for kids! It looks like it more that just play! But u gotta remember like they say is PALM! I love my Berry! Its like my second baby! When the niagara comes out I will upgrade a few months after so they can work the kinks out! But Berry is the way to go!!
    how can you bring it down when you dont even own it? i mean looks of course looks nice but what about when it releases and its just as stable as a berrY? you never know till you have it. i wouldnt buy it because i just used my discount but after 1 yr and i know its a good phone hey why not!!
    04-08-09 09:32 AM
    I like the idea of a iPhone size touch screen WITH a qwerty keyboard. Had it been available when I was phone shopping, I may have went that route. But I got my 8330 and couldn't be happier.

Anyway, point is, will it be a 2 year phone? Ask that question in a BlackBerry forum and of course the answer is no. Ask it in a Palm forum and of course the answer is yes. I'll go with the very boring answer, "We'll see" But 1 thing is for sure, it'll be better than the instinct.
    04-08-09 09:04 PM
    I'm not into the whole WinMo OS. I came from the nextel i930, windows mobile 2003 and hated it. That was a one year phone for me. I believe my 8350i is going to be my two year phone unless they release a phone with sprint 3g and nextel direct connect. although, I am biased, I will still check out the pre to see the hype. You never know!

The Pre won't be running WinMo. It will have a totally new OS called Web OS. It's not fair to compare this phone based on previous Palm models...it's totally different and Palm's continued viability in the smartphone market rests on its success. Is it a 2 year phone? That remains to be seen only after it is released.
    04-08-09 10:42 PM
    I was on the phone with the Sprint techs today, he put me on hold then came back and said they had called him away to announce to everyone there that the Pre was going to be released on 4/15.
    04-09-09 04:25 PM
    i left palm for a berry and dont think i can ever turn around.
    i dont have the patience to deal with any more palms in my life.
    waiting for updates, switching apps, overall slowness of the phones just bothers me.
    i like my snappy blackberry
    04-09-09 07:44 PM
    Pre will be a one week phone. I look at it, see all the vids, I'm in no way shape or form convinced that this phone is the "it" phone for 2 years. Who ever thinks that is crazy. I'm switching over to AT&T next month hopefully, and riding on that Bold wagon.

04-12-09 09:30 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD