I think the Palm Pre was pretty good, and now they're improving it to make it even better on top of that its for Verizon. But idk if im Willing to leave my BB for it..
    01-24-10 02:49 PM
    I will most likely go take a look at it and make a decision.
    01-24-10 04:04 PM
    I am thinking about it as a second device. Don't think that i can give my blackberry up though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 04:35 PM
    I poked my head in a couple of local Verizon stores hoping to see a "coming soon" demo model but to no avail. The Pre does look interesting, but I have to really see one in my hands to know for sure.

I have a Storm currently, and I'm sick of it really. My fear is that if I switch phones I will end up going from a less-than-ideal phone that sort of does what I need to something that might be very slick but does not do what I need.
    01-24-10 06:16 PM
    I'm so upset by the slide out keyboard and the fact that it's 25% smaller than my current Palm Treo. I think, after 6 years of being a Palm devotee, I will be abandoning it for a BB when the Tour 2 comes out.

E
    01-25-10 09:04 AM
    The Pre is pretty small. I don't think I could deal with how small that thing is. Also, the fact that there's no virtual keyboard is a turnoff... I also don't like sliders. Still waiting....
    01-25-10 10:25 AM
    The problem with the Pre has pretty much always been the SDK and software, not the hardware (other than some reliability issues, which are not yet for sure fixed on the new hardware either).

So more ram and some minor hardware tweaks don't really make it such a huge jump... All of the improvements still need to be done on the software side.
    01-25-10 01:07 PM
    I'm going to cross shop the Pre Plus and the Tour 2. If I can bang out some serious text with the Palm keyboard, it may win. The typing experience is really my most important requirement.

Going to verizon store today to check it out. I am not going to make any decision until I see the Tour 2 in the flesh, and start to see some "real" user reviews of both phones.

Although, the promise of the flash beta for the Palm web browser is hard to ignore.

I'm with the other poster here - it would be hard to give up my crack(berry).
    01-25-10 01:41 PM
    I'm going to cross shop the Pre Plus and the Tour 2. If I can bang out some serious text with the Palm keyboard, it may win. The typing experience is really my most important requirement.
    It's adequate. Not nearly as good as a BB keyboard though. If typing experience is your #1 requirement I kinda doubt it...
    01-25-10 01:50 PM
    Yeah they dont usually do that unfortunately.. And yea it does which is why im considereing it, I have the Storm too and i have my problems but im a Hybrids addict, so I'm keeping up, it's not ALL that bad.. But I was reading up on it today and it looks like At&T's exclusivity deal with Apple will be over this Wednesday in a conference by Steve Jobs. Rumors are it will be going to start manufacturing in May and then be on shelves by July.. But we'll see. The last thing I would want to see is a T-Mobile iphone...

I poked my head in a couple of local Verizon stores hoping to see a "coming soon" demo model but to no avail. The Pre does look interesting, but I have to really see one in my hands to know for sure.

I have a Storm currently, and I'm sick of it really. My fear is that if I switch phones I will end up going from a less-than-ideal phone that sort of does what I need to something that might be very slick but does not do what I need.
    01-25-10 02:26 PM
    Lol, I have a friend with the new Treo. Really I don't like it. Yeah I think I'll wait for the iPhone of Storm 3. IMO once you get a touch screen there's no going back...

I'm so upset by the slide out keyboard and the fact that it's 25% smaller than my current Palm Treo. I think, after 6 years of being a Palm devotee, I will be abandoning it for a BB when the Tour 2 comes out.

E
    01-25-10 02:28 PM
    The Pre is pretty small. I don't think I could deal with how small that thing is. Also, the fact that there's no virtual keyboard is a turnoff... I also don't like sliders. Still waiting....
    Yes, I definetly understand that logic.. They'll probably get a software update tho for that.. WAiting on..? another BB?
    01-25-10 02:29 PM
    Yes, I definetly understand that logic.. They'll probably get a software update tho for that.. WAiting on..? another BB?
    No, definitely NOT another BB. RIM's not bringing full mailbox sync to Exchange without BES and since I need multiple Exchange accounts bound to my handset, I cannot employ BES because of certain reasons. Right now, I'm focussed on smartphones that can provide this and that leaves the WebOS and Android based handsets, so we'll see. I've unfortunately already ruled out the Pre Plus and Pixi due to hardware dislikes.
    01-25-10 02:41 PM
    I'm leaning towards something other than a BB - seems my main choices are a Pre Plus or Droid. I'm just not happy with the fact that my BES admin can see ANYTHING I do on my BB - including personal sms and emails. I know what people say - if it's a company device, get a separate one for personal use. That's not feasible for me - I'm not carrying two devices all day and I can't afford it. I just don't want some disgruntled IT guy stealing MMS and SMS messages and posting to some anonymous blog. And the recent outages don't help either. Heading to vzw to check out the pre and droid, but I'm pretty certain I'm leaving BB.
    01-25-10 02:56 PM
    I was thinking about it, I have my NE2 right now...but I think I'm going to pass. When I had the Pre on Sprint, the battery sucked and I like the battery life of my Storm 2 right now. So I'll wait for something good to come out.
    01-25-10 03:37 PM
    lol. It's not really a big deal for me. But I know for other people its a hassle. Palm 's Web Os has it i believe. Really? interesting. So, Maybe iPhone..

No, definitely NOT another BB. RIM's not bringing full mailbox sync to Exchange without BES and since I need multiple Exchange accounts bound to my handset, I cannot employ BES because of certain reasons. Right now, I'm focussed on smartphones that can provide this and that leaves the WebOS and Android based handsets, so we'll see. I've unfortunately already ruled out the Pre Plus and Pixi due to hardware dislikes.
    01-25-10 03:53 PM
    I'm leaning towards something other than a BB - seems my main choices are a Pre Plus or Droid. I'm just not happy with the fact that my BES admin can see ANYTHING I do on my BB - including personal sms and emails. I know what people say - if it's a company device, get a separate one for personal use. That's not feasible for me - I'm not carrying two devices all day and I can't afford it. I just don't want some disgruntled IT guy stealing MMS and SMS messages and posting to some anonymous blog. And the recent outages don't help either. Heading to vzw to check out the pre and droid, but I'm pretty certain I'm leaving BB.
    As much as I love the New Pre Plus, I think I'd go with Droid, Though The Pre Plus does have potential..
    01-25-10 03:55 PM
    As much as I love the New Pre Plus, I think I'd go with Droid, Though The Pre Plus does have potential..
    Decisions, decisions. Couple of things I really don't like about the Droid - the physical keyboard and dpad are from 1993 and it's really big.
    01-25-10 04:09 PM
    Decisions, decisions. Couple of things I really don't like about the Droid - the physical keyboard and dpad are from 1993 and it's really big.
    lol. Well I dont mind it being that big if it means the screen is big too I already WAtch movies on my storm and its pretty nice. And the Droid is even nicer.. I can agree with you on the physical keyboard. It's like not having one at all.. I mean I guess you get used to it...
    01-25-10 04:27 PM
    Question to the Pre owners. Can you customize the size of the e-mail fonts? I know you can't do it on the Droid. Let me know.
    01-25-10 06:00 PM
    Lol, I have a friend with the new Treo. Really I don't like it. Yeah I think I'll wait for the iPhone of Storm 3. IMO once you get a touch screen there's no going back...
    I haven't really used the touchscreen on my Treo much lately. I need keys, otherwise I would have made the switch to an iPhone years ago.

E
    01-25-10 07:19 PM
    Do you have the old version or the new one? and what attracted you to it then?
    01-25-10 08:04 PM
    It's adequate. Not nearly as good as a BB keyboard though. If typing experience is your #1 requirement I kinda doubt it...
    I agree....if you are looking for a great keyboard, the Pre Plus i not the device for you. I had the Pre when it launched on Sprint and was extremely disappointed that the keyboard was so poor. The keys are very recessed and provide little movement. Additionally the top row of keys can be challenging to use due to small clearance from the screen itself. I went to VZW yesterday hoping that what I had read online about Palm adding better feedback to the keyboard was true but to be honest I was not impressed. The poor keyboard alone is what is going to keep me from picking up the Pre. I think I will wait and see what Apple has up their sleeve tomorrow. If Apple drops a CDMA version of the iPhone and it includes multitasking, I will be a former BB user. If not, I will wait for a slab/all touch-screen Palm device.
    01-26-10 12:31 PM
    Do you have the old version or the new one? and what attracted you to it then?
    My first Treo, a 600 was company issued. When I left that company, my brother-in-law gave me his old 650.

When the 650 ended up in the dog's water, I needed a replacement. I was able to get the 755 because of my NE2 upgrade. I had considered a BB at that time, but it used a different back up system and all of the data I had synced through the VZW sync would have been lost, so I went with the 755.

The touchscreen was never really a selling point with me. It was more about the candy bar style and QWERTY.

E
    01-27-10 07:05 AM
    Played with the new pre plus last night. The keyboard, while it seems slightly improved over the sprint pre, it's still mushy and too cramped around the edges. Not enough tactile feedback to know when a button has been pressed. Definitely liked the webos though.
    01-27-10 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD