So I have few theories about that.

1.I heven't heared of any law suit with hp. From some time we see apple suing everyone about everything (they have grate people working with photoshop Yes I'm talikng about samsung galaxys) and if we look from apple perspective (narcissistic company with problems. "Stop coping me" style) they could just tell hp "stop production we want sue you". (take a look at they icon screen)

2. What if they kill webos divices. still produce softwear. licence it. and make hp (not palm) divices.

Company like hp has money and amount they puted into development of it isn't small. Even in mobile nation podcast they said "they didn't give a chence to touchpad"(or somthing like that) so why wouldn't they want to at least get money back. This is most logical explonation.
    08-19-11 07:45 PM
    I kinda doubt number 2; HP is a hardware company and wouldn't make sense to license software.

It could be possible that they had pressure from Microsoft, as most of their business relies on Windows and Microsoft wouldn't have been very happy with one of their major suppliers making a product that competes with Windows Mobile.

I don't believe there is any evidence of this, though.

All I know is that at least there Canadian retailers may be dropping the TouchPad down to $100. No strings attatched.
    I don't know if that is a good deal or not.

Can the TouchPad run android? That could become an eventual upgrade path.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-11 12:39 AM
    Come to think of it, I believe that HP didn't have any idea what to do with Palm.
    All of the products seem to be identical to pre HP designs, and there doesn't seem to be too much HP influence in the design, aside from the promise of smarter printers.

08-20-11 12:42 AM
    but look how apple manipulates photos for suis. Did u listen to mb podcast "take ipad apart and put it back tougether with a plastic case". i think that even dimensions are alike. So it would be easy to fraghtn (i cant spell) hp and they would loose. One more think is that theire sliders arent better then rims and they waited to long.
    08-20-11 10:36 AM
    Come to think of it, I believe that HP didn't have any idea what to do with Palm.
    All of the products seem to be identical to pre HP designs, and there doesn't seem to be too much HP influence in the design, aside from the promise of smarter printers.

According to PreCentral.net's latest PalmCast (quoting Richard Kerris of the webOS GBU), the TouchPad was designed completely after HP bought Palm.

Apparently former HP CEO Mark Hurd was all for it (webOS). It's when Leo Apotheker came in--and possibly with changes on HP's board--that things shifted.
    08-25-11 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD