With all the talk about Palm and the possibilities of them going under. What happens if they do go down? I'm looking into the Palm Pre + and just came on here to get some feedback. All the talk about Palm going down has me a little worried. I would hate have to get a device and then a year later the company is wiped out. Any thoughts on this?
    03-13-10 06:30 AM
    In the NYTimes, I did read about Sprint and how their smartphone sales haven't been that good.

Some people don't mind getting a device from a company that may go under, but others do. I think if it bothers you that there's a possibility that they'll go under, then don't get a Pre.
    03-13-10 11:31 AM
    I wouldn't. Unless it was confirmed that another company would be servicing warranties, I'd stay away.
    03-13-10 04:22 PM
    Palm isn't gonna disappear completely that fast, assuming they even will.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 08:06 PM
    I personally think palm is a ways away from going under. I mean look at the companies that have. There were years of warnings of going down but palm only right now is showing times of going down. They have plenty of time to get back in the game and now that webos is full stream they are going to turn around imo.

03-16-10 10:35 PM
    I don't really think they are gonna turn around... but yeah worrying about them disappearing during the duration of owning one of their devices is a non issue right now.
    03-17-10 12:32 PM
    I wouldn't get into one. I would like to know that the device that I chose will have successors, even if I choose not to take that option.
    03-22-10 11:26 AM
    It's on ATT now. Just confirmed today. They woulnt pick up a device that is sure to go down in a year.
    They'll go back up, no worries

03-22-10 11:42 AM
    I don't think Palm is gonna improve really. They aren't going to disappear anytime soon, but they are basically screwed at this point unless they release an entirely new phone soon...
    03-22-10 12:43 PM
    I don't think Palm is gonna improve really. They aren't going to disappear anytime soon, but they are basically screwed at this point unless they release an entirely new phone soon...
    I think they are screwed regardless. Many people wont trust to buy another Palm device because of the issues with the Pre. They better come out with something amazing. Plus, WebOS is good. but it is still limited in some areas.

03-22-10 12:51 PM
    They basically have to redo their marketing and phone selection from scratch, which is incredibly hard and expensive...
    03-22-10 01:17 PM
    They basically have to redo their marketing and phone selection from scratch, which is incredibly hard and expensive...
    Exactly, and they don't have the time or money to do it. It's a shame. They had a good concept, it just didn't materialize the way we all wanted it to.
    03-22-10 01:49 PM
    Well i ended up going with the Pre Plus. I like it so far. Really taking some getting used to though. I love the streamline design of WebOS. The Palm app store kind of sucks, but i am going to check out all the preware stuff in the next few days. I will give this a few weeks and if i dont like it, o rcant get used to it head back to a BB. Or if the new HTC device drops within the next month maybe switch to that.
    03-23-10 07:41 PM
    Well i ended up going with the Pre Plus. I like it so far. Really taking some getting used to though. I love the streamline design of WebOS. The Palm app store kind of sucks, but i am going to check out all the preware stuff in the next few days. I will give this a few weeks and if i dont like it, o rcant get used to it head back to a BB. Or if the new HTC device drops within the next month maybe switch to that.
    I would strongly encourage you to keep your Pre Plus. Yes the App Catalogue is somewhat limited at the moment, but Palm is having a developer event at the end of the month. We are sure to see some big things this summer.

I own a Verizon Authorized Dealer store and am so convinced the Pre Plus is going to take off that we moved it to our flagship device. Stick around for a while. You are going to be pleasantly surprised.
    04-06-10 01:54 AM
    Like papped said, I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

I actually bought a Pre from Sprint way back when they launched. They've been launching at the wrong times. The first time was right before the iPhone, 2 weeks prior. I immediately put my Pre away and just recently installed the new OS to see what it was all about. This just gave people the option of saying, I'll return this device, and switch carriers to get the Pre. Then they release the Pre Plus with Verizon after the droid and all these HTC devices come out.
    04-06-10 03:14 PM
    Nothing would happen.

Just buy buy buy and it won't I promise

Regardless, the likelihood of another company swallowing them up is more plausible then them closing their doors.
    04-06-10 03:41 PM
    It COULD be wiped out or it COULD be bought out by RIM. Either way I would still get it even if it went under.. It's a nice phone
    04-06-10 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD